What is the Obstruction on Enchanted M104??

Jaymuxman

Can anyone provide with me with what might be the obstruction from the balcony in M104? It is called "Deluxe Balcony Stateroom (Obstructed View)" but I cannot see what the obstruction is. Thanks for any help.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Jaymuxman said:

Can anyone provide with me with what might be the obstruction from the balcony in M104? It is called "Deluxe Balcony Stateroom (Obstructed View)" but I cannot see what the obstruction is. Thanks for any help.

It is a non-glass balcony railing (solid metal railing).  There is no other obstruction.

Edited by Abercrombie2019
Added to answer

4 hours ago, Jaymuxman said:

If you do a google search you will find  a Ben site with photos of most obstructed views. I have used this site many times. You can see for yourself exactly what you will see with the obstruction. 

Tom😀

Edited by trbarton

10 hours ago, trbarton said:

If you do a google search you will find  a Ben site with photos of most obstructed views. I have used this site many times. You can see for yourself exactly what you will see with the obstruction. 

Tom😀

What is a BEN site? My google search gives a lot of results but nothing to do with cabin obstructions?

• Like 1

As others have said its the rail is metal.  It doesn't obstruct the view when you are standing only when you are sitting.  The rail didn't bother me much but the wind when sailing made the balcony sometimes unusable.

1 hour ago, gmjc2 said:

What is a BEN site? My google search gives a lot of results but nothing to do with cabin obstructions?

Sorry my typing error. Here’s the best site to use....https://sites.google.com/site/cabinviewbyrenmar/. It has excellent views of most obstructed view staterooms. It’s the best site there. 

Tom😀

15 hours ago, Jaymuxman said:

There is really no type of obstruction.

Sadly these cabin types are no longer a best kept secret.

4 hours ago, DrivesLikeMario said:

There is none!  They just consider the metal partition one.  

Royal Class forward balcony cabins.JPG

Thanks for this picture, will use it on my website. Is it actually a picture or an artist rendering?

Theo

It's a picture that I found online somewhere.  Can't even remember where so I can give the credit to them.  It's definitely accurate.  We've had L-107 (fantastic) and M-108 (even more fantastic) and absolutely love them.  Surprisingly, the ship movement that far forward has never seemed bad at all to us.  

As the "obstructed" view cabins on the front of the Lido & Marina decks are both in the same category (DW) I would suggest to try to get either L101 or L102, they have a larger balcony.

Theo

I was looking at these cabins for an Enchanted cruise, which appears to be a similar layout, and saw the following when looking at deck plans:

image.png.fa73d7cd8c4de4cc3cc0189de615c037.png

I think this means that the balconies are closed off except when in port.  I seem to recall seeing some posts about this previously but could be mistaken.  Maybe someone out there knows for sure?

5 minutes ago, Raisinette said:

I think this means that the balconies are closed off except when in port.  I seem to recall seeing some posts about this previously but could be mistaken.  Maybe someone out there knows for sure

?

There are a few treads on these boards about that and some say: No problem with access when sailing and others that say they are locked during sailing so who knows what is the rule. You probably can ask your steward(es) to leave it unlocked. Probably very windy out there when the ship sails, especially with a headwind.

image.jpeg.b6a24a8e7680190efaa08e79bc733625.jpeg

Theo

1 hour ago, Renmar said:

There are a few treads on these boards about that and some say: No problem with access when sailing and others that say they are locked during sailing so who knows what is the rule. You probably can ask your steward(es) to leave it unlocked. Probably very windy out there when the ship sails, especially with a headwind.

image.jpeg.b6a24a8e7680190efaa08e79bc733625.jpeg

Theo

It is at the captain's discretion as to whether they are permitted to remain unlocked whilst at sea.  Wind, weather and sea conditions would be the deciding factor.

21 hours ago, Raisinette said:

I was looking at these cabins for an Enchanted cruise, which appears to be a similar layout, and saw the following when looking at deck plans:

image.png.fa73d7cd8c4de4cc3cc0189de615c037.png

I think this means that the balconies are closed off except when in port.  I seem to recall seeing some posts about this previously but could be mistaken.  Maybe someone out there knows for sure?

YES - this is DEFINITELY wrong.  You can use it any time you want and it is never locked.