The Daily for Wednesday Jul 29, 2020

richwmn

today is International Tiger Day, National Chicken Wing Day, and National Lasagna Day

The chief cause of problems is solutions.

Meal suggestion for today - Baked Boneless Chicken

Wine of the day - Scacciadiavoli Montefalco Sagrantino vintage 2011

Gulf Bridge (Amsterdam Luggage) destination Panama Canal, eta 8/13

Balboa Panama
Koningsdam
Oosterdam

Port Dickson
Eurodam
Noordam
Zuiderdam

Limassol
Amsterdam
Maasdam
Rotterdam
Veendam

Port Klang
Nieuw Amsterdam
Volendam
Westerdam

Scheveningen NL Anchorage
Nieuw Statendam
Zaandam

0729Neth.png

0729Panama.png

0729Cyprus.png

0729Sing.png

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

Thank you for the report.  I love the selection of days and the quote.  Not quite following the dinner suggestion today, it will be turkey rather than chicken.  Does the microwave count for baked?

Today's care list:

Allen for biopsy results

Kazu and family for continued healing

Sharon's in-laws for continued healing

Andi and the rest of Clemintine's loved ones

The Miami Marlins (17 covid-positive)

and Krazy Kruizers

Roy

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

I'm going to try something a little different today.  On the Crystal forum there's a kind of a community thread and they're trying a where am I challenge.  I'm doing a 2 in one today.  It's rare that I see a sunrise in an urban setting but it happened once on a July 29.  This is a place I've been with both HAL and Crystal.  Where?

dawn0729.jpg

Roy

• Like 6

Thank you for today’s Daily, Rich! Morning Dailyites & my Sisters! Hope you are all well!

Interesting grouping of days, Rich! I will celebrate all tigers from afar!  I may do an eggplant lasagna tonight.

The wine is well rated, and a price that is not too bad. Here are one experts tasting notes: 

Intense garnet with bricking. Open, racy nose of cocoa, mild spices, a touch of garrigue and subtle exotic wood. Beautiful velvety texture on the palate. A concentrated, nervy, lively wine with aroma still fairly backward and a vegetal finish. Wonderful. Keep. 

I believe these experts deliberately come up with some of these phrases, “a racy nose”.🤔

Prayers for KK, Allen & Joy, Andi & all others who need support.

Stay well everyone!

• Like 9

Tiger jokes | Funny animal quotes, Funny animals, Animal jokes

Chicken Wings Cartoons and Comics - funny pictures from CartoonStock

Hey Rich, Great 1 liner, wine and meal suggestions, but very thankful for your Daily on where our ships are.

Good morning to my sweet sisters Denise and Ann. What a difference a day makes. My heart is soooo happy! Allen is feeling great this morning. A great start! And Ann, a "racy nose" seriously. We have been to so many wine country tastings and they all come up with crazy names for smell, taste, flavor: Chewy, Muscular, Structured, Firm, Rigid, Closed, Dried Herbs, Oregano, Bay Leaf, , Austere, Angular, "Grippy", Coarse.. As in: 

"So, I went out with my sisters Denise and Ann last night and our wine was a little grippy and coarse, and tasted like so many herbs it could have been classified as a salad" 

@rafinmd thank you for the care list, I have already prayed for them all except the Marlins, but will get to them after my post.

So, could your picture be from Mazatlan?  🤔 How many tries do we get? 

Hoping everyone has a great day, pray for peace in our country and a vaccine for the virus. XX

• Like 8
  • Haha 2

Thanks for the Daily, Rich and our morning smile 🙂 

Love tigers - such majestic animals!  Darn, we had chicken wings the other night and it’s too hot for lasagna to celebrate appropriately.  LOL on your quote for the day.

@cat shepard thanks for the wine description.  Sounds interesting indeed.  Can’t get it here though 😞 

chicken may well be on the menu tonight - on the bbq.  Too hot and humid to cook in the house again.  <sigh>

The coolest spot right now is our front porch.  The dogs love to go out with us and check out the neighbourhood:  They are back to their normal selves and I only have one and 1/2 days of pills left to go, thank heavens 😉 

ACF07549-B7EB-49A0-9A28-2C7E8D9DD332.thumb.jpeg.705d223270e1643b290f6d30b3c21505.jpeg

That’s the monkshood behind Marley.  Still has lots of blooms to come out:

9315E720-1668-4CC1-B2DF-0FE695283CC9.thumb.jpeg.5c84c8273fcf7a3d07fabc2db6f45799.jpeg

Miko loves to look out the gate to listen and watch:

38F246B1-3C0C-482F-AEB7-64E580CA8084.thumb.jpeg.ae61aceee9ccb5ea57a332d6c20f8135.jpeg

The hostas in the garden are in all in bloom.  I know some don’t like them but I let them bloom before they are cut back:

B6148B99-B481-4447-A6E8-083D204AF303.thumb.jpeg.fee8af18697d5870d26b6c9176042dfd.jpeg

The garden is managing despite the dry conditions, thankfully.

515D61AD-733E-4238-839B-EEA1B02B01C3.thumb.jpeg.9438cf7a9c3fb21bd1efade2ccd2371c.jpeg

Wishing continued recovery for everyone on the care list (where we don’t need to be @rafinmd ) and hoping @Andi Land was able to get a peaceful, much needed sleep last night after her loss ❤️ 

• Like 11

2 minutes ago, Seasick Sailor said:

@kazu Love your sweet Miko and Marley, and thank you for those beautiful garden pictures. I am not sure I have the space to plant anything as wonderful as you have in your yard, so have to enjoy yours. Who took care of all of it while you were cruising??

LOL no one takes care of it when I am cruising.  The planters alone are asking too much of someone IMO 😉 

I don’t cruise in the summer so I can enjoy the garden and flowers and the good weather.  Usually we go in the early spring pre-Garden or in the Fall post garden clean up.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Good morning.  Thanks for the Daily Report.

Love the quote.  And I love chicken wings and lasagna.  Tigers are magnificent.

Thanks for the dinner and wine suggestions.

@kazu You have a beautiful garden.  Glad that Marley and Miko are back to their wonderful selves.

Sending prayers for everyone on the Care List.

I hope everyone has a great day.

Stay safe.  Stay healthy.

• Like 7

Good morning everyone.  Thank you for the daily.  And happy the luggage is getting ready for the Panama Canal.  We are having crock pot glazed chicken bites for dinner, so sorta the menu suggestion...Chicken!  Love Tigers, when this virus is done we plan on going to the Tampa zoo to see theirs.  I've been watching a tv program about the Tampa Zoo.  Prayers and virtual hugs to all on the list.

• Like 5

58 minutes ago, kazu said:

Love tigers - such majestic animals!  Darn, we had chicken wings the other night and it’s too hot for lasagna to celebrate appropriately.  LOL on your quote for the day.

@cat shepard thanks for the wine description.  Sounds interesting indeed.  Can’t get it here though 😞 

chicken may well be on the menu tonight - on the bbq.  Too hot and humid to cook in the house again.  <sigh>

The coolest spot right now is our front porch.  The dogs love to go out with us and check out the neighbourhood:  They are back to their normal selves and I only have one and 1/2 days of pills left to go, thank heavens 😉 

ACF07549-B7EB-49A0-9A28-2C7E8D9DD332.thumb.jpeg.705d223270e1643b290f6d30b3c21505.jpeg

9315E720-1668-4CC1-B2DF-0FE695283CC9.thumb.jpeg.5c84c8273fcf7a3d07fabc2db6f45799.jpeg

38F246B1-3C0C-482F-AEB7-64E580CA8084.thumb.jpeg.ae61aceee9ccb5ea57a332d6c20f8135.jpeg

The hostas in the garden are in all in bloom.  I know some don’t like them but I let them bloom before they are cut back:

B6148B99-B481-4447-A6E8-083D204AF303.thumb.jpeg.fee8af18697d5870d26b6c9176042dfd.jpeg

515D61AD-733E-4238-839B-EEA1B02B01C3.thumb.jpeg.9438cf7a9c3fb21bd1efade2ccd2371c.jpeg

Wishing continued recovery for everyone on the care list (where we don’t need to be @rafinmd ) and hoping @Andi Land was able to get a peaceful, much needed sleep last night after her loss ❤️ 

Beautiful garden and beautiful dogs. I love them all❤️ I’ve always been an animal person and have had many a stray show up at our house and live out their life. We all got a good nights sleep. Our other two dogs were present when Clementine passed so I think they were able to better understand that she didn’t just disappear. 

We’ve been having a bit of a heat wave here in Oregon and my flowers are going a bit crazy. I’ll try and remember to grab a picture of them. I’m not much of a gardener so I pick plants that are difficult to kill 🤣 

Rich, thanks for the daily. It’s a joy to keep up with our beloved ships even if we can’t be on them. 

Have a great day everyone! 

• Like 10

December 2017 Circle Hawaii Cruise on the Oosterdam. We visited Mitzi's brother and saw his farm near Hilo. He took us to some out-of-the-way spots and got us some great poke. Sadly, some of these pictures, and the brother's farm, are now covered with lava. 

Akaka Falls -

image.thumb.png.39886b38ecc819e0ff024e3c1fba8468.png

Gardens at Botanical World Adventures (Hakalau), I wish I remembered all the plant names! 

image.thumb.png.004c63d1aca958893e2a85da0cf4f239.png

Private orchid farm, now gone -

image.thumb.png.9542a119e91c8e3e02f48598dbc82409.png

image.thumb.png.a935f4b2ebb704f67e235aabde8b57e4.png

• Like 8

Good morning, thanks for the Daily!  I love tigers (always have), but lately, dislike the idea of them being caged for our pleasure, so I watch them on Animal Planet now.  Love the quote - oh how true it is! 

It's another hot day on the "frozen tundra", but we do have some salt & pepper wings in the freezer that I can pop into the outdoor oven for dinner tonight.  I think, along with a pasta salad and some veggies and dip will make a good dinner for a hot evening.  And wine.

Prayers for all who need them,  @Andi Land  my heart broke when I read of you losing your precious Clementine;  fur babies take up such a big part of our hearts.  @kazu Your flower garden is absolutely beautiful, thanks for sharing it with us.  Be safe everyone, stay well!

Smooth Sailing!   🙂🙂🙂

Gerry

Edited by ger_77
  • Like 8

1 hour ago, kazu said:

Your garden made my day. You should be very proud. Looks lovely.

• Like 6

Good Morning and thanks for the update.

I will pass on the chicken wings and the lasagna, it’s just too hot to cook. I’m having takeout dinner from Sweet Street Cafe They do a daily special of 1 meal  that feeds 2 for $20. Today is grilled pork chops and rice , with cookies for dessert. 
Stay safe and cool. Praying for all on our care list. 

• Like 5

3 hours ago, rafinmd said:

I'm going to try something a little different today.  On the Crystal forum there's a kind of a community thread and they're trying a where am I challenge.  I'm doing a 2 in one today.  It's rare that I see a sunrise in an urban setting but it happened once on a July 29.  This is a place I've been with both HAL and Crystal.  Where?

dawn0729.jpg

Roy

Good morning Roy!

now this is really cool and will be fun!

I have no idea where you are and hope 

our family here can figure it out!

I just got onboard with my coffee!

Denise😊

• Like 5

3 hours ago, kazu said:

Jacqui! What a beautiful oasis!! To me it is a magical forest!!! Miko and Marley I want to give a big hug!!

Thank you for the wonderful pictures!

Denise😊

Edited by DeeniEncinitas
I spelled Miko wrong😞
  • Like 5

3 hours ago, Seasick Sailor said:

Good morning to my sweet sisters Denise and Ann. What a difference a day makes. My heart is soooo happy! Allen is feeling great this morning. A great start! And Ann, a "racy nose" seriously. We have been to so many wine country tastings and they all come up with crazy names for smell, taste, flavor: Chewy, Muscular, Structured, Firm, Rigid, Closed, Dried Herbs, Oregano, Bay Leaf, , Austere, Angular, "Grippy", Coarse.. As in: 

"So, I went out with my sisters Denise and Ann last night and our wine was a little grippy and coarse, and tasted like so many herbs it could have been classified as a salad" 

LOL😂

Joy where the heck to you come up with such funny stuff!! We were out last night but I drank a nice glass of Prosecco no champagne to toast to Allen and David had Scotch!! Now the description of our wine last night being

grippy and coarse?   That was David’s scotch!!!! LOL!

Enjoy your Day with Allen and remember 

these are the best of days! 
Take care my dear sis!

3 hours ago, cat shepard said:

believe these experts deliberately come up with some of these phrases, “a racy nose”.🤔

Ok I am so late to this party!!! Ann thanks for always checking on the wines for us! 
For some reason this one is not at our BevMo where I buy our wines!

Hope your day is great! I thought of you last night when we were roasting!🥂

🌺 Roy thanks for our wonderful prayer list!! I look at them daily! And to Rich who has started something big here on The Daily! It keeps us all going and hope for future cruises!

Denise😊

• Like 6

19 minutes ago, Seasick Sailor said:

@rafinmd Roy, you didn't answer my guess on the place of the day. Is it Mazatlan? How many guesses do we get?

Joy, I don’t think it is Mazatlan port terminal! This doesn’t look familiar to me. 
I could be wrong! I was wondering about how many try’s before Roy tells us?

Denise😊

Going to our daughter’s place right now to drop off Paisley! I will check back later!

Denise😊