NCL just cancelled all of October sailings

jimbo5544

1 hour ago, DGP1111 said:

You may be aware, but that has (unfortunately) already resulted in the first Whomp Whomp. 😟 😟 😟

https://thepointsguy.com/news/covid-outbreak-hurtigruten-norway/

Yes. The symptoms weren't consistent with C19, but the 4 were isolated anyway. I guess ships will have to be equipped with quick C19 tests.

9 hours ago, BlerkOne said:

Yes. The symptoms weren't consistent with C19, but the 4 were isolated anyway. I guess ships will have to be equipped with quick C19 tests.

And on the NCL board it's been reported that 60 pax are quarantined at a hotel.

On 7/31/2020 at 1:12 AM, xDisconnections said:

I’m told by Carnival that it’s going to be gone in October. 

Can you please let us know when you type things like this if you are serious or not.  I still have yet to figure it out.  

41 minutes ago, xDisconnections said:

Dead serious. Skip to 16 minutes and 20 seconds in the video.

https://www.facebook.com/watch/live/?v=1166552950404188&ref=watch_permalink

They are just dragging it out as long as they can to try and sell as many cruises as they can before they cancel to rake in more money from all the people lining up to send them interest free loans.  It is possible that some Carnival ships will be cruising from non American ports before December.  No way they will be cruising out of an American Port anytime soon.  I think March of next year at the earliest if everyone in the US decides to wear a mask and socialy distance.  So really, there is no way to know when cruising will actually start again out of the US when you have to factor in the Americans.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, skridge said:

They are just dragging it out as long as they can to try and sell as many cruises as they can before they cancel to rake in more money from all the people lining up to send them interest free loans.  It is possible that some Carnival ships will be cruising from non American ports before December.  No way they will be cruising out of an American Port anytime soon.  I think March of next year at the earliest if everyone in the US decides to wear a mask and socialy distance.  So really, there is no way to know when cruising will actually start again out of the US when you have to factor in the Americans.

We'll have to agree to disagree. Carnival remains confident in their decision and until they extend the suspension of operations, we are only able to believe what they say. Carnival is not known for deceptive practices and is a reputable company. They have been acting in good faith this entire time.

🙂

Edited by xDisconnections
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, xDisconnections said:

We'll have to agree to disagree. Carnival remains confident in their decision and until they extend the suspension of operations, we are only able to believe what they say. Carnival is not known for deceptive practices and is a reputable company. They have been acting in good faith this entire time.

🙂

You must have been living in a different Universe than the rest of us since March.  They have said on several occasions they were going to start back and look where we are.  So you think now that they say they are going to be starting back during the peak of a pandemic we are supposed to believe them this time.  Alright.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, skridge said:

You must have been living in a different Universe than the rest of us since March.  They have said on several occasions they were going to start back and look where we are.  So you think now that they say they are going to be starting back during the peak of a pandemic we are supposed to believe them this time.  Alright.

Why do we have any reason to doubt them? They continue to say, as recent as today, cruising will begin in October from US ports.

I'm very in touch with reality, as stated by another member, and I'm aware of Carnival's situation 😉 

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, xDisconnections said:

🙂

You have to be careful, some people will actually believe your posts. 

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, xDisconnections said:

Why do we have any reason to doubt them? They continue to say, as recent as today, cruising will begin in October from US ports.

I'm very in touch with reality, as stated by another member, and I'm aware of Carnival's situation 😉 

Bless your heart. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

So you guys remember Carnival said they would be starting to cruise in August?    Oh yeah I remember lol.  Crystal cruises saw the crystal   ball.     Carnival still wants to play us along when most of us see the crystal ball.   

15 minutes ago, Cruiseboy06 said:

So you guys remember Carnival said they would be starting to cruise in August?    Oh yeah I remember lol.  Crystal cruises saw the crystal   ball.     Carnival still wants to play us along when most of us see the crystal ball.   

They'll have to start sailing eventually. How can their projected dates always be incorrect? They're pretty confident this time -- have some faith. If they know it isn't going to happen, they would tell us due to their esteemed code of ethics. They just said today that October is still on target.

[emoji846]

I agree. Carnival giving an extra $600 onboard credit to every Tom Dick and Harry (who accepts a 100% FCC for any cancelled Cruise of 6 days or more) is simply unbelievable

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, drsel said:

I agree. Carnival giving an extra $600 onboard credit to every Tom Dick and Harry (who accepts a 100% FCC for any cancelled Cruise of 6 days or more) is simply unbelievable

8 minutes ago, drsel said:

There must be people who purposely book Carnival Cruises in August and September in order to get that free 600 OBC when they get cancelled

It's a better return than the Amex Offer. Surprised they haven't pulled it yet...

They won't need to for October though because we're totally cruising 🙂