Why are they taking my $$

28 minutes ago, maria1122 said:

Why are they taking our final payment from my credit card for our November cruise when they already know they will not be sailing in November?  So far they cancelled 6 of our cruises.

They just don’t take your money...you have to agree to it.  You have options if you don’t want to make final payment. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, maria1122 said:

Why are they taking our final payment from my credit card for our November cruise when they already know they will not be sailing in November?  So far they cancelled 6 of our cruises.

Did you book directly with RCCL or with a travel agent?

1 hour ago, bouhunter said:

?????   Final payment shouldn't be due yet?

Depends if he used a travel agent.

29 minutes ago, BND said:

Umm, we're booked for Nov 1 and final payment isn't due for like 6 more days.  We're cancelling, but they won't just take your money.

We used a big box travel agent or two before and each time they took our payment about 3 weeks prior to it being due to RCCL so that they were sure the money was there the day it was due to RCCL.  They said they did this so that if there was an issue, they could get a hold of you and work out a solution because if you miss RCCL's 90 day deadline, they cancel your reservation on you.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Russ Lomas said:

Did you book directly with RCCL or with a travel agent?

Depends if he used a travel agent.

We used a big box travel agent or two before and each time they took our payment about 3 weeks prior to it being due to RCCL so that they were sure the money was there the day it was due to RCCL.  They said they did this so that if there was an issue, they could get a hold of you and work out a solution because if you miss RCCL's 90 day deadline, they cancel your reservation on you.

We use a TA and never pay before final payment date.  But, the OP never answered about that.  I'm not the first to ask it.  Also, we don't pay our TA directly.  They pay RCI directly for us.

3 weeks means you are letting the TA hold your money which is crazy.  You realize they make money on your money during that time, right?

Edited by BND

Just now, BND said:

We use a TA and never pay before final payment date.  But, the OP never answered about that.  I'm not the first to ask it.

Only the big box travel agents tend to have you pay the balance earlier than the 90 days before sailing.  If you work with a good individual travel agent, they will not tend to take the balance early since they are competent/involved closely with their clients.

• Like 1

Just now, Russ Lomas said:

Only the big box travel agents tend to have you pay the balance earlier than the 90 days before sailing.  If you work with a good individual travel agent, they will not tend to take the balance early since they are competent/involved closely with their clients.

I understand, but three weeks before payment is due is basically them making money on your money.  I would never use anyone that took my payment and then paid it later.  Too many good TA's that pay it directly for you.

1 minute ago, Ourusualbeach said:

The TA pays Royal directly with your credit card.  The TA is not making a dime off your money. 

Three weeks ahead of time?  Several people have said that they pay their TA and the TA pays RCI so it does happen.

2 minutes ago, BND said:

Three weeks ahead of time?  Several people have said that they pay their TA and the TA pays RCI so it does happen.

I think that they just mean that the TA processes payment 3 weeks ahead of time.  In North America TA’s make payments direct to Royal using the customers credit card unless the customer is paying the TA by cash or cheque.  

• Like 1

I received an email from my TA that my final payment is due.  They have my credit card on file.  I am still waiting for refunds on other cruises that were canceled.  But this seems very early.  I didn’t realize that I can refuse making final payment.  How long could I put them off for?  Thank you

1 hour ago, maria1122 said:

I received an email from my TA that my final payment is due.  They have my credit card on file.  I am still waiting for refunds on other cruises that were canceled.  But this seems very early.  I didn’t realize that I can refuse making final payment.  How long could I put them off for?  Thank you

Final payments are usually due 90 days out.  November 1st is 93 days away.  Time flies when you're stuck at home.  😕 

2 hours ago, maria1122 said:

I didn’t realize that I can refuse making final payment.  How long could I put them off for?  

Somewhere inside final payment, RCI will cancel your booking if you don't make final payment. Either make the final payment and get a refund when RCI cancels, or cancel now and take the FCC, but don't just do nothing.

• Like 1

Final payment for cruises departing on 01 NOVEMBER 2020 are due by 03 AUGUST 2020  5PM  EST.  I thought that it was interesting that they conveniently cut that part off of my last two firmly worded request for final payment emails. :classic_rolleyes: The Cruise Vacation Receipt is attached, but the Deposit and Final Payment Schedule part is not included. This is a direct with RCG booking. :classic_rolleyes: I think we are going to run out the clock before cancelling. :classic_tongue:

Once again they will probably win the game of chicken. :classic_biggrin:

Edited by Coralc

33 minutes ago, Coralc said:

Final payment for cruises departing on 01 NOVEMBER 2020 are due by 03 AUGUST 2020  5PM  EST.  I thought that it was interesting that they conveniently cut that part off of my last two firmly worded request for final payment emails. :classic_rolleyes: The Cruise Vacation Receipt is attached, but the Deposit and Final Payment Schedule part is not included. This is a direct with RCG booking. :classic_rolleyes: I think we are going to run out the clock before cancelling. :classic_tongue:

Once again they will probably win the game of chicken. :classic_biggrin:

Well said. My payment reminders been arriving as usual. Have 3 payments due myself 1st, 3rd and 5th week Aug for Nov/Dec Cruises. Last time I let a Royal payment pass was canceled day after due date.

• Thanks 1

T&C for UK travel agent's

Your balance will be due 112 days before travel, you will be advised on your confirmation invoice the date your balance is due. If the booking is received by the Operator less than 112 days before departure the payment must be made at the time of reservation. If the balance is not received by the due date, the Operator will cancel the booking and the charges detailed in paragraph 5 will apply.

This is why we book only 4 weeks before sailing.

1 hour ago, sowhat said:

T&C for UK travel agent's

Your balance will be due 112 days before travel,

Convenient that's double RCI's final payment date of 56 days - that's crazy - no way would I book with that TA.

10 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

I think that they just mean that the TA processes payment 3 weeks ahead of time.  In North America TA’s make payments direct to Royal using the customers credit card unless the customer is paying the TA by cash or cheque.  

I agree. Travel agencies would have to pay the 3~6% credit card fee if they processed final payment using their own Merchant Account and then held onto the money before transmitting to RC. Hardly a profitable scenario!

They will though run the client CC a bit early through Royals system ensuring that "Good Funds" are available by the drop-dead date. This precludes chasing down final payment from a client while the clock is ticking and they happen to be away on vacation or otherwise difficult to reach.