Empress of The Seas

11 minutes ago, WeMissSeaView said:

I am keeping an eye on her because I have a cruise scheduled on her next year.  I am sure that I will learn what will happen to her on CC before Royal gets around to announcing it.  

I have 4 cruises booked on her next year, I’m following this closely too

2 hours ago, WeMissSeaView said:

I am keeping an eye on her because I have a cruise scheduled on her next year.  I am sure that I will learn what will happen to her on CC before Royal gets around to announcing it.  

so do I - May 2021 to Bermuda.  Bermuda is on my bucket list.   I very much appreciate all the updates that are being posted.   I agree, CC will know what’s up with Empress before RCI will say anything.   Thanks everyone!

Edited by BeachDiva101

21 minutes ago, aichambaye said:

I love Empress. I love that she is small, and calm, and there's no wave runner or activities. I just like sitting in the Schooner bar on her, watching the world go by out the windows and having drinks service.

Now I feel homesick. 😞

The Schooner Bar is waiting for you...

NE1907-462.jpg

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, twangster said:

The Schooner Bar is waiting for you...

NE1907-462.jpg

If you stand right there, turn right, walk past the piano, and look to the left, there is a couch and two chairs by the last window kind of in behind the bar. I have spent many happy hours camped right there!

52 minutes ago, aichambaye said:

If you stand right there, turn right, walk past the piano, and look to the left, there is a couch and two chairs by the last window kind of in behind the bar. I have spent many happy hours camped right there!

Spent 8 nights in Schooner last summer. 

Always smelled musty. Preferred the bar at Boleros

• Like 1

3 hours ago, renieg813 said:

They should keep Empress for those of us who love this small beautiful calm ship. I’m sure there are lots of people who prefer not to have all of the bells and whistles 

I don't need bells and whistles but I have grown to like balconies. It's lack of balconies that will eventually sink the Empress.

• Thanks 1

Now that RCG has released their Healthy Sail Plan with the following:

31. All cruise operators should upgrade the HVAC systems on their ships to, ideally, MERV 13 filters to minimize pathogen dispersal from infected guests and crew. 

32. Cruise operators’ indoor air management strategies should be optimized given the constraints of ship age and ventilation type. 

Wondering how the age and ventilation of Empress, together with very few balcony cabins and lack of fuel efficiency, will factor into the equation.  I know there was a dance cruise out of Miami scheduled in early November on Empress that was cancelled -- that was probably the bulk of the passengers.  That sailing has been removed from the RCI site.  Not looking good for her. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, livingonthebeach said:

Now that RCG has released their Healthy Sail Plan with the following:

31. All cruise operators should upgrade the HVAC systems on their ships to, ideally, MERV 13 filters to minimize pathogen dispersal from infected guests and crew. 

32. Cruise operators’ indoor air management strategies should be optimized given the constraints of ship age and ventilation type. 

Wondering how the age and ventilation of Empress, together with very few balcony cabins and lack of fuel efficiency, will factor into the equation.  I know there was a dance cruise out of Miami scheduled in early November on Empress that was cancelled -- that was probably the bulk of the passengers.  That sailing has been removed from the RCI site.  Not looking good for her. 

Excellent points, I wasn’t thinking about how difficult it might be to refit an older ship to meet the new requirements. 

8 hours ago, renieg813 said:

They should keep Empress for those of us who love this small beautiful calm ship. I’m sure there are lots of people who prefer not to have all of the bells and whistles 

They don't care, they will only keep a ship that have a high profit. Right now, even if they would care, they might not afford to keep her. Royal needs to keep costs down.

• Like 2

Vanna still at it.  After approaching earlier this morning Vanna remains alongside Empress 4 hours later.

Empress is in the company of a number of cargo and tanker ships at anchor also being refueled.   

Malta must have "cheap gas" so Empress stopped by to "top up her tank".  

• Haha 1

Healthy sail recommendation #66 below is going to be tough on Empress. It currently have quad cabins for crew. You are talking about a huge increase in converting passenger cabins to accommodate crew if the single occupancy crew cabin recommendation is enacted.

66  - Crew should be placed in single-occupancy crew cabins whenever possible to minimize extended periods of close contact with other crew members.

Edited by coaster

1 hour ago, twangster said:

Anchor is home, underway using engines.  Destination Heraklion on Crete.

Past local news reported Heraklion as a stop related to CV-19 testing upon arrival into Greece and Crete.

This little voyage may have just been to top up the tanks.

I booked January 31,2021 Empress cruise after reading your review.  I appreciate your posts..

• Like 1