Empress of The Seas

Warning:  Off topic

@ipeeinthepool 

I love your screen name, but would you by any chance be willing to give me your cruise schedule for the next 10-20 years or so?    😁:classic_biggrin:😉

Edited by NuisanceLuke
Bold
  • Haha 5

On 8/4/2020 at 6:50 AM, Heymarco said:

Multiple week passenger quarantines will not be the norm. If that’s the operating model, then the lines will not be allowed to resume. You stated reasons why someone would choose a ship with a balcony. To date, have not heard anything about it being mandatory other than those being preferred rooms to make available while ships sail with limited capacity. The decision seems more revenue/pr driven.

The Tui sailing that happened out of germany one of the live cruises posted passengers were only allowed to be in balcony or suites.  No ov or interior cabins were sold for that sailing and I believe I heard the same for the mein schiff 1 sailing for this week.  

Nothing has been officially by rcl since they dont have any sailings confirmed to go out yet.

Part of the logic is this will help with social distancing as some passengers will relax on their balconies instead of crowding pool decks etc.  Also was mentioned on the tui sailing that some passengers preferred room service on their balconies instead of going to go dining room and having to remove their mask to eat.  

• Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, ipeeinthepool said:

I wonder how long the Empress will stay in Greece?

The two X ships (Pullmantur Horizon which is supposed to be going to the scrappers is also in the area) have been south of Athens for months. No other RCI ships have been in the area. Meni Schiff 3 is also heading to the area.

Edited by Biker19