The Daily for Thursday Jul 30, 2020

richwmn

today is National Cheesecake Day, Father-in-Law Day, and International Day of Friendship

Any small object that is accidentally dropped will hide under a larger object.

Meal suggestion for today - Winter vegetable curry with fruity raita

Wine of the day - San Giusto a Rentennano Chianti Classico vintage 2016

Gulf Bridge (Amsterdam Luggage) destination Panama Canal, eta 8/13

At Sea Pacific

Oosterdam destination Punta Arenas eta 7/31

Balboa Panama
Koningsdam

Port Dickson
Eurodam
Noordam
Zuiderdam

Limassol
Amsterdam
Maasdam
Rotterdam
Veendam

Port Klang
Nieuw Amsterdam
Volendam
Westerdam

Scheveningen NL Anchorage
Nieuw Statendam
Zaandam

0730Pacific.png

0730Sing.png

Edited by richwmn
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 3

Good morning.

Thanks for the Daily.  Love it. 

Great quote. 

I don't have a father-in-law, and neither does my husband.☹️  But I would love to share cheesecake with you, and all my friends.

I'll pass on the dinner suggestion, but I'd love some chianti.

Hope you have a wonderful Thursday.

Stay safe.  Stay healthy.

• Like 4

Thank you for the daily.  Love the quote.  International Friendship Day,  Latest news seems to be Noordam is on the way to Singapore, departing Klang very recently.

Today's care list.

Allen, still waiting for results, and Joy

Continued improvement for Sharon's in-laws.

Emotional healing for Andi-Land

All in the path of Isias

All Doctors and Health Care Workers

And Krazy Kruizers

Roy

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, rafinmd said:

Latest news seems to be Noordam is on the way to Singapore, departing Klang very recently.

I did notice this but as the ships seem to be moving between Klang and Singapore regularly I chose not to note it until arrival. Noordam could still end up back at Klang

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

To all my friends on Rich's Daily, and my sisters Ann and Denise:

Quotes About Saying Nice Things. QuotesGram

Good morning Rich. Thank you again for bringing fun to every morning. I look forward to the quote, meal suggestions, wines, and of course the Daily. When our ships get moving again are you still going to be posting all the extra goodies?

Roy, I have decided prior to posting I would read through your prayers and cares list so I don't miss anyone in my Daily prayers. Thanks so much for doing this, as I believe with all my heart prayer heals.

Are you sending a new where are we picture today? (I'm still disappointed I didn't win a pony.. lol)

Denise, were you finally able to see the picture I posted of the fawn? It is so cute, I hope you can open it. 

Ann I have been watching the weather in Fl. Have you many times needed to move inland to get out of the bad weather paths?

Jacqui can't wait to see garden pictures. Claudio finished up last night, hung our bird feeders and left. Now it's my turn, so need your inspiration!

Wishing ya'll a fabulous day. Call a friend and tell them you love and miss them. XX

Cheesecake Cartoons and Comics - funny pictures from CartoonStock

Edited by Seasick Sailor
add on
  • Like 13
  • Haha 1

The penultimate sunrise from my 2010 Blount Atlantic cruise.  This was taken July 29 near the confluence of the Saguenay and St. Lawrence Rivers.  I have a couple of busy days today and tomorrow so the where am I will be on a bit of a pause.

IMG_2451.thumb.JPG.d16aa3d4fa221d11a81cd49a6a7d3b93.JPG

Roy

• Like 10

Thank you for today’s Daily, Rich! Happy International Friendship Day to all the Dailyites & my Sisters! Hope all are well. 
Great quote!  

Joy, your post to friendship is spot on. I enjoy looking for each Dailyites post. I have learned so much from this group of friends. And I so enjoy hearing of each part of their lives they want to share. And their pictures!
The only time I had evacuation plans was when Irma, a category 4 hurricane was predicted to come up the center of the state, and that would have put me in the Northeast quadrant of the storm. But she swung to the West after devastating Marathon in the Keys, so I cancelled my evacuation plans.  I have hurricane shutters and a generator, so I can “weather” less powerful storms. My trusted weather sources still are not sure how powerful Isaias will be after interacting with the islands, nor the exact track. Just need to keep an eye on it.👀

Tonight is eggplant lasagna night, since I discovered I had no sauce when I went to make it last night. So now I am ready. 

Stay well, my friends!

• Like 8

Good morning all. Thanks Rich. I am amazed when I get on to find yesterday’s daily ahead of today’s. I have to check mentally what day it is. But to have two daily threads in the top ten posts really shows how important a good news thread is in these strange times. 

• Like 8

3 hours ago, Seasick Sailor said:

To all my friends on Rich's Daily, and my sisters Ann and Denise:

Quotes About Saying Nice Things. QuotesGram

Good morning Rich. Thank you again for bringing fun to every morning. I look forward to the quote, meal suggestions, wines, and of course the Daily. When our ships get moving again are you still going to be posting all the extra goodies?

Roy, I have decided prior to posting I would read through your prayers and cares list so I don't miss anyone in my Daily prayers. Thanks so much for doing this, as I believe with all my heart prayer heals.

Are you sending a new where are we picture today? (I'm still disappointed I didn't win a pony.. lol)

Denise, were you finally able to see the picture I posted of the fawn? It is so cute, I hope you can open it. 

Ann I have been watching the weather in Fl. Have you many times needed to move inland to get out of the bad weather paths?

Jacqui can't wait to see garden pictures. Claudio finished up last night, hung our bird feeders and left. Now it's my turn, so need your inspiration!

Wishing ya'll a fabulous day. Call a friend and tell them you love and miss them. XX

Cheesecake Cartoons and Comics - funny pictures from CartoonStock

Joy, What a wonderful friendship note!!!

🌺All I can say is Ditto and how much I care for everyone as a friend on THE DAILY! Sorry, but I still couldn’t get your picture to up load! I really wanted to see the baby Fawn! 
🌺Ann, Isaias I will be watching and hopefully it will by pass or be a heavy rain like how it was for us in Maui! Take care!

HAPPY FRIENDSHIP DAY TO ALL!!

To our dear Rich I so love the maps!!

Good choice on the wine!!

All the prayers to all on Roy’s list today and always! I believe prayers heal.

Have a wonderful day!

Denise😊

• Like 5

Good morning, thanks for the Daily!   FINALLY, I can get into CC - I tried 3 different browsers, and they all wanted me to log in (I never log out), then got the message my user name or password were incorrect.  It seems I wasn't the only one - spoke with @kazu who was also experiencing the same issues.

DH loves cheesecake, we both loved our father-in-laws, and I am eternally grateful for cruising, because through it, we've been able to make some of the most amazing friendships.  It's a win-win today!  Although, about the meal suggestion . . . yeah, we're in the middle of a heat wave here on the "frozen tundra", so I'm guessing we'll be having a chicken Caesar salad and crusty bread for dinner tonight.  And wine.

Prayers to everyone who is struggling today, with best wishes for brighter days ahead.  Be safe, stay well!

Smooth Sailing! 🙂🙂🙂

Gerry

• Like 6

Thanks for the Daily, Rich and our morning smile 🙂 

oooh cheesecake day - yum!  I can celebrate it along with National Friendship Day.  Sadly our FIL’s have are no longer with us but they are in our hearts. ❤️ 

Love the quote of the day.  Seems to be the truth.  One of Miko’s pills got spit out and I was looking high and low for it to re-give it.  It was in his ear fur!  LOL.

I think I will leave the ‘winter’ menu suggestion until winter or at least, much cooler weather.  The Chianti sounds interesting.

@rafinmd another beautiful sunrise picture - thank you 🙂

Better get this posted before CC crashes again!

Prayers for all those on the care list.  Stay safe and well all.

• Like 5

Good morning, all.  CC wouldn't let me in for a while - not being friendly!  Suddenly, I am logged in again - I had emailed to "Help", so I don't know if that worked or if, as @kazu said, CC had crashed for a bit and is now back.

• Like 5

Like everyone else I couldn’t get in the morning.  Thank you Rich for the maps and report. Never met my father in law, he passed when he was 15. Love cheesecake, miss the Cheesecake Factory in my area. Prayers for all of us.  Still keeping an eye on the storm. 

• Like 4

59 minutes ago, ger_77 said:

Good morning, thanks for the Daily!   FINALLY, I can get into CC - I tried 3 different browsers, and they all wanted me to log in (I never log out), then got the message my user name or password were incorrect.  It seems I wasn't the only one - spoke with @kazu who was also experiencing the same issues.

I couldn't even get that much.  Clicking on Log In didn't do anything!   I even rebooted the computer, but no such luck.

• Like 4

Not a cheesecake fan so Mitzi gets my piece.

April 2017 on Eurodam's first Panama Canal transit (Westbound) - 

image.thumb.png.f53d8ceee5e83cfef7aca7480f5c248d.png

Approaching the first locks -

image.thumb.png.374b2d9af59380ec67c5b6ff39b66031.png

Unknown flowers in the garden at Hotel Posada de Don Rodrigo in Antigua, Guatemala - 

image.thumb.png.33187bd9067a4633d076f0b4ab87a3e9.png

• Like 6

Good morning all 😊

I couldn’t get in this morning either. Must have been a website problem. 

Yay for cheesecake day. It’s a yummy treat. 

wishing everyone a wonderful day filled with sunshine and treats. 

• Like 4

Rich, thanks for the daily!  I too had trouble getting on the site earlier, but it seems okay now.  Love the quote, DH and I were just discussing how many times this has happened to us.  A winter dish in the summer, pass!  Sad to say, no FILs alive, but will gladly celebrate a cheesecake day (every day, if possible).  Chatted with several good friends today!  Hope everyone is well and sending best wishes for those who are recovering.
A few pictures to share.  Our front garden - our home is about 130 years old, when we first moved here there was a small horse barn in the backyard from the “olden days” - right about where the two picture of the clematis are.  There are 2 plants intertwined, they grow to 16 feet.  They bloom profusely early-mid July, but have the occasional blooms well into September.

C51B920F-BCBA-4297-94E2-75F9B9E122C3.jpeg

49C59202-5100-4331-A1A3-0DC4C8048C7C.jpeg

A7EC92FE-B5F8-4FA2-9712-0D67FC256340.jpeg

• Like 10