All there is to know about GTY

freaky_82

5 hours ago, freaky_82 said:

I made a GTY reservation for a 7A stateroom on Disney Wonder.

What do I need to know about GTY?

When will I get my cabin number? What are the odds of an upgrade? Do GTY usually get bad rooms?

Most of our DCL cruises were guarantee rooms.  Haven't had a bad one, yet.

GTY assignments typically are done about 45-60 days out from the cruise.  That said, a guarantee assignment can show up at any time between when the reservation was made all the way up to, and including, embarkation day.

Edited by Shmoo here
  • Like 1

• 8 months later...

The only rooms on the cruise I am looking at are Guaranteed staterooms. Probably okay, but one of them says the cabin has a "white wall" balcony. I have no idea what that is. Can anyone tell me? Thanks

Janet

22 minutes ago, mtnlvr53 said:

The only rooms on the cruise I am looking at are Guaranteed staterooms. Probably okay, but one of them says the cabin has a "white wall" balcony. I have no idea what that is. Can anyone tell me? Thanks

Janet

On the Magic class ships (Magic & Wonder), some of the verandahs have a solid (white wall) wall below the railing.  Others have a plexiglass (clear) wall below the railing.

On the Dream class ships, there are some verandahs that are classified "white wall" but the solid wall part is only about 18 inches at the bottom, the upper part of the wall below the railing is plexiglass (clear).

• Like 1

It means, you have to be standing to see the sea on the Magic class. We have had them on the Dream and Shmoo description is right, it barely blocks your view.

The 7A Navigator's verandah that have a curved vertical section as well and I kind of prefer them. The additional wall creates an alcove and blocks just enough of the wind to make it comfortable when the ship is underway at night. These are the verandah rooms on each side of the line of porthole windows on the bow and stern.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

While I've never sailed on Disney, this statement applies regardless of the line when it comes to a guarantee stateroom booking.  

Make sure you can be happy with the worst stateroom in the category you book.

That doesn't mean you WILL get the worst, but the possibility exists. Example -  If there are solid-wall balcony staterooms in the category, and you would be very disappointed with a solid wall, don't book a guarantee in that category.  

• Like 1