Rotterdam Solo staterooms?

Hobie

The HAL press release for the new Rotterdam states that the ship will have "single accommodations".

Does anybody have the details about these solo staterooms?  I assume that they are inside staterooms and am wondering how many will be on the ship?

Thank you.

Having sailed in the solo cabins on Koningsdam and Nieuw Statendam, they are comfortable and convenient to the Music Walk. If you don't mind being forward on the ship, and I don't, they are very nice cabins

• Like 2

3 hours ago, richwmn said:

Having sailed in the solo cabins on Koningsdam and Nieuw Statendam, they are comfortable and convenient to the Music Walk. If you don't mind being forward on the ship, and I don't, they are very nice cabins

I am surprised as our J on the K’dam was not much bigger then a closet with no couch.

4 hours ago, richwmn said:

I understand that the bed is against the window wall. Can the nightstand bwe moved so that it is between the bed and the wall?

6 minutes ago, lazey1 said:

I understand that the bed is against the window wall. Can the nightstand bwe moved so that it is between the bed and the wall?

I don't know if the bed can be moved. I suspect it could if your Steward was willing.

OO1012 on Koningsdam

https://halfacts.com/pinnacle-class/1012-koningsdam/

OO1012 on Nieuw Statendam

https://halfacts.com/pinnacle-class/1012-nieuw-statendam/

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, richwmn said:

I don't know if the bed can be moved. I suspect it could if your Steward was willing.

OO1012 on Koningsdam

https://halfacts.com/pinnacle-class/1012-koningsdam/

OO1012 on Nieuw Statendam

https://halfacts.com/pinnacle-class/1012-nieuw-statendam/

Great photos of your cabin Rich.  I doubt the bed could be moved though after looking closely the night stand looks to be connected , maybe by the phone cables.  If I ever sail solo I would consider this cabin.

12 hours ago, YXU AC*SE said:

Actually, they are oceanview, there are 12, and forward on main deck. (Cat OO)  Scott. 

image.png.de116a258b6f90835c959736000d9553.png

I've yet to sail solo in a singles cabin.  Looking at this photo and with the curvature of the ship, the  most forward ones look a lot smaller than the 1009 - 1018,   Are they?  In viewing photos posted in another post, the bathroom looks tiny as the shower.  

7 hours ago, Sue from Canada said:

I've yet to sail solo in a singles cabin.  Looking at this photo and with the curvature of the ship, the  most forward ones look a lot smaller than the 1009 - 1018,   Are they?  In viewing photos posted in another post, the bathroom looks tiny as the shower.  

@Sue from Canada, I was wondering the same thing.  According to @rafinmd who posts in this forum frequently, the solo cabins range from 127 - 172 sq. ft., getting larger as you move aft.  He estimates 1014 is 165 sq. ft.  

I see that @YXU AC*SE posted this info earlier.  It's early; haven't had my quota of coffee yet.  The info and photos on halfacts are very helpful.  I may seriously consider these cabins if I sail solo on either ship that has them.

Finally, a cruise line recognizes that solos enjoy sunlight. 😏

Edited by Roz
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, Roz said:

@Sue from Canada, I was wondering the same thing.  According to @rafinmd who posts in this forum frequently, the solo cabins range from 127 - 172 sq. ft., getting larger as you move aft.  He estimates 1014 is 165 sq. ft.  

I see that @YXU AC*SE posted this info earlier.  It's early; haven't had my quota of coffee yet.  The info and photos on halfacts are very helpful.  I may seriously consider these cabins if I sail solo on either ship that has them.

Finally, a cruise line recognizes that solos enjoy sunlight. 😏

We'll have to book early to get a 172 sq.ft. cabin.  I can't imagine being in a 127 sq ft cabin.  I can see from the small shower that I'm going to be banging my elbows on the glass doors frequently.  I prefer shower curtains.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Reagan0712 said:

These cabins appear to be under the World Stage. Does anyone know how much the noise from the shows filter down to the cabins?

I have been in these cabins (1012) on both Koningsdam and Nieuw Statendam and didn't have any noise issues inside the cabins.

The only noise issue really was in the stair well just aft of these cabins with the sound coming down from the Music Walk. i don't know if that was a problem inside the cabins in that area.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Sue from Canada said:

We'll have to book early to get a 172 sq.ft. cabin.  I can't imagine being in a 127 sq ft cabin.  I can see from the small shower that I'm going to be banging my elbows on the glass doors frequently.  I prefer shower curtains.

127 sq. ft. cabin - no, non, nada, and nyet.  😁  And don't even book an inside or outside guarantee on a Pinnacle class because you know where you're going to end up.  

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Roz said:

127 sq. ft. cabin - no, non, nada, and nyet.  😁  And don't even book an inside or outside guarantee on a Pinnacle class because you know where you're going to end up.  

Roz:

Last year, I did a six-night cruise (L.A. to Vancouver) on the NCL Bliss in one of their single-occupancy "studio" cabins. 99 square feet, interior (but with a clever "virtual" window showing the view from the bridge). To be sure, it was an extremely well-designed cabin layout, but 99 square feet is 99 square feet. After experiencing that, 127-172 square foot cabins would feel like Neptune Suites!

Jim

• Haha 2

On 7/30/2020 at 12:19 PM, richwmn said:

Thanks for the description.  Does the sound from the Music Walk enter the cabin?

51 minutes ago, jimdee3636 said:

Roz:

Last year, I did a six-night cruise (L.A. to Vancouver) on the NCL Bliss in one of their single-occupancy "studio" cabins. 99 square feet, interior (but with a clever "virtual" window showing the view from the bridge). To be sure, it was an extremely well-designed cabin layout, but 99 square feet is 99 square feet. After experiencing that, 127-172 square foot cabins would feel like Neptune Suites!

Jim

@jimdee3636, I've wondered about those studio cabins on NCL.  Some people seem to like them and tout the fact that you have access to the studio lounge.  That's all well and good, but as you pointed out, at the end of the day 99 sq. ft. is still 99 sq. ft.  

I will give NCL credit for at least recognizing there is a niche for solo cruisers. At least they're making an effort to accommodate people.  

1 hour ago, Roz said:

Can't edit my post but meant to say booking as a SOLO on the Pinnacle class.  

Edited by Roz

When I was on one HAL, I thought about booking a solo cabin on NS.  Future Cruise Consultant said that is was quite small and more expensive than an inside, even with paying single supplement for the inside.   Since then I have booked an inside,  but never have made it to NS.  Two cruises have been cancelled on it.

But, as an FYI, I have sailed on NCL in one of their solo cabins.  It was fine size-wise, and the solo lounge is very nice.  It was my first solo cruise after my DH’s passing, so was a good fit for me at the time.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, cruzn single said:

Future Cruise Consultant said that is was quite small and more expensive than an inside, even with paying single supplement for the inside.

I reached the same conclusion and booked 11058 on Nieuw Statendam (inside on deck 11, but has a window looking to the jogging track). The pics show that 1012 and 11058 have similar floorpans, except for window and TV locations.  

Nieuw Statendam stateroom 11058

• Like 1

I guess the price depends on the particular cruise and how well the cabins are or aren't selling.  I've booked outside cabins on HAL that were less expensive than an inside.

6 hours ago, Cruise4food said:

I reached the same conclusion and booked 11058 on Nieuw Statendam (inside on deck 11, but has a window looking to the jogging track). The pics show that 1012 and 11058 have similar floorpans, except for window and TV locations.  

Nieuw Statendam stateroom 11058

I checked out the pics of 11058 (thanks for the link) and did not see a TV. Where is it located? 
I like that it's not across from the foot of the bed, but hope it's in a spot where someone can watch it. 

Thanks.