Military OBC

oldjetdriver

Just booked a cruise for 2022 and noticed that the Booking Confirmation did not show Military OBC, just Future Cruise Deposit OBC.  Looked at my Circle Savings Account and it shows that the Military Benefit expires 12/31/2021.  Is this a cost cutting move or just a paperwork drill to revalidate.

1 hour ago, oldjetdriver said:

Just booked a cruise for 2022 and noticed that the Booking Confirmation did not show Military OBC, just Future Cruise Deposit OBC.  Looked at my Circle Savings Account and it shows that the Military Benefit expires 12/31/2021.  Is this a cost cutting move or just a paperwork drill to revalidate.

Mine still shows it expires in 2099...Sail By 12/31/99

I have never been able to have my military OBC associated with my account.  Each time I book a cruise I have to call and have them check with the right department and have the OBC added. This also happens when I re-book a cruise.

Military OBC is only good as long as Princess keeps extending it.  It is not a permanent feature of them.  Not sure what the current expiration date is but there is one.  It automatically applies to my cruises so I do not know why it does not for others.

7 hours ago, famski740 said:

I have never been able to have my military OBC associated with my account.  Each time I book a cruise I have to call and have them check with the right department and have the OBC added. This also happens when I re-book a cruise.

Check in your personalizer under Future Cruise Credits -> Onboard Credits. This is what's listed under mine.

Credit ID# Description Earned Expires Status Amount
0346xxxx Military Benefits 10/11/13 Sail By 12/31/21 Active $50.00 (USD) to $250.00 (USD)

I know where it is supposed to be listed.  My problem is for years I have been asking various offices including Jan Swartz’s, and nobody has been able to get it associated with my Captain Circle number and to show up in my personalizer. The office that handles the Military OBC has it on their file and I don’t have to resubmit the paperwork, I only need to ask the Customer Service Rep to contact them in order to get it added.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Astro Flyer said:

Mine still shows it expires in 2099...Sail By 12/31/99

Mine also

Credit ID# Description Earned Expires Status Amount
  Military Benefits 09/16/11 Sail By 12/31/99 Active $50.00 (USD) to $250.00 (USD)

On ‎7‎/‎30‎/‎2020 at 7:59 PM, oldjetdriver said:

My military benefit also shows the expiration date of 12/31/2021. Hope when the time comes Princess automatically extends it to a later date. But the big question is will they with the pandemic shut down and loss of revenue?

Cheers - Ken & Darlene

Same end of 2021 date for us as well.  It has been a great perk, but times are different.  The cruise industry is in a fight for its life.  If it has to go, at least we have 2 November 2021 cruises already booked for which it has been applied.

Wouldn't be surprised to see the shareholder credit also eliminated at some point.  I sold our shares already - took it on the chin but not as bad as if i still held them today.  Will think about re-purchasing if it looks like cruising is back to business and the OBC offer is still in play.

Don

Edited by Mud_Shark

TK’s military credit is now listed as ending 2021.   Used to be 2099.  

I wonder if they are making this adjustment first to those with booked cruises and will catch up the others later?   I too expect the Shareholder credit to disappear soon, at least until (if?) cruising gets back to normal.