GRANDEUR OF THE SEAS FUTURE?

Grandeur is/was scheduled to go to Pullmantur in the 2nd quarter of 2021.  With all Pullmantur ships being scrapped, will she still leave Royal?  Is she the first ship of a new Pullmantur, or will she stay with Royal.  Not hearing anything from Royal about the future of the Grandeur.

29 minutes ago, WeMissSeaView said:

Grandeur is/was scheduled to go to Pullmantur in the 2nd quarter of 2021.  With all Pullmantur ships being scrapped, will she still leave Royal?  Is she the first ship of a new Pullmantur, or will she stay with Royal.  Not hearing anything from Royal about the future of the Grandeur.

We're not hearing anything from Royal about much of anything. 

5 hours ago, NavArch64 said:

It is certainly possible that Grandeur, Enchantment, Rhapsody and Vision are the new Pullmantur. But, we shall see.

We shall see is the only answer at this time. We are scheduled for the final cruise on March 26, 2021 out of Baltimore. We departed Grandeur on March 19, 2020, a few days after Royal Caribbean ceased global operations. The Enchantment is supposed to replace her. Whatever ship is in Baltimore, we will be happy to sail on. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Airbear232 said:

Would be nice to see all Northeast coast ports get a Quantum class ship.

Maybe you will like that.

But many of us prefer the smaller ships.

• Like 5

I would love to see Grandeur stay but I think that Royal likes the higher passenger capacity of Enchantment. Being 45 minutes from the port I will sail any ship out of Baltimore. I'm booked on Grandeur's last cruise March 26th. Keeping my fingers crossed that things will be somewhat back to normal by then.

• Like 1

I have my doubts the Grandeur will ever sail for Royal again.  I think there are only 17 cruises still scheduled for the Grandeur and I suspect that many of those will also be cancelled.  I don't see Royal making the investment in ship modifications and the expense of staffing up the ship for just a few sailings.   Royal won't need all of their ships when cruising restarts and I doubt that the Grandeur will make the cut.

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, ipeeinthepool said:

I have my doubts the Grandeur will ever sail for Royal again.  I think there are only 17 cruises still scheduled for the Grandeur and I suspect that many of those will also be cancelled.  I don't see Royal making the investment in ship modifications and the expense of staffing up the ship for just a few sailings.   Royal won't need all of their ships when cruising restarts and I doubt that the Grandeur will make the cut.

I have two cruises booked in February on the Grandeur, and I doubt that they will in fact sail.  Time will tell, but I do not expect it will happen.

50 minutes ago, WeMissSeaView said:

I have two cruises booked in February on the Grandeur, and I doubt that they will in fact sail.  Time will tell, but I do not expect it will happen.

I was scheduled for Nov 9 on the Grandeur, but I cancelled yesterday rather than give Royal any more money for a cruise that likely won't happen.-

On 7/31/2020 at 10:07 PM, djjoe said:

We shall see is the only answer at this time. We are scheduled for the final cruise on March 26, 2021 out of Baltimore. We departed Grandeur on March 19, 2020, a few days after Royal Caribbean ceased global operations. The Enchantment is supposed to replace her. Whatever ship is in Baltimore, we will be happy to sail on. 

I am more concerned about Royal staying in Baltimore. If their new business model is more profitable bigger, newer ships, then the port of Baltimore is in trouble. We live 100 miles from Bayonne going north, or 100 miles from Baltimore going south. We prefer Baltimore having sailed Grandeur, Enchantment and Mercury out of there. Time will tell what Miami and the corporate folks plan to do in the future. We are flexible, but at 75 I don't want my only choice to be Bayonne or fly to Florida for a cruise.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, ipeeinthepool said:

Maybe switch to Norfolk 🤔

I cruised from Norfolk with around 4000 other sailors on a mega ship, the USS Independence, and 400 men on the USS Belknap many years ago.  Baltimore was 2 hrs. south for us, Norfolk is 5 hrs. I would fly to Florida before I drive that distance. It might be OK for folks in Virginia and southern states.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/2/2020 at 10:54 PM, djjoe said:

I cruised from Norfolk with around 4000 other sailors on a mega ship, the USS Independence, and 400 men on the USS Belknap many years ago.  Baltimore was 2 hrs. south for us, Norfolk is 5 hrs. I would fly to Florida before I drive that distance. It might be OK for folks in Virginia and southern states.

My DH was stationed on a guided missile cruiser out of Norfolk 82-85.  The cruiseport is in right downtown in Norfolk.  No thanks.  Baltimore is so much easier.  We'll go to NJ or FL before Norfolk also.  Royal tried Norfolk but it was a fail.  

• Like 2

We are booked for early Jan on GotS.  We are hoping for another tripon her.  Many of our Royal cruises have been out of Baltimore or Bayonne.  Each is 5-6 hour drive for us.  Florida is more like 24 hour drive for us.

We will do the drive with hotel stops down and back , but it makes for a longer trip.  We like the Grandeur and the bigger ships.

34 minutes ago, WeMissSeaView said:

Have done 8 cruises on Grandeur and have two scheduled for February and March.  I hope she stays with Royal.

We have sailed on her eight times also.  Our ninth one was cancelled. Many fond memories from the Grand Old Lady.