Celebrity Suspensions Extended (Merged Discussions)

WNcruiser

Since other lines have cancelled sailings through October I expect Celebrity will follow suit.  

Since they have said the start of cruising will begin with just a few ships.   I wish they would tell us which ships have no chance of sailing  for the next 3-6 months then if we are booked on one of them we can book something else or make other plans.  I realize the cruise lines can only try and meet the requirement of the CDC and have no control over what countries will allow ships or non-citizens in but this is getting exhausting. I’m sure Mr Fain, LLP and the other exec’s would like it to be over way more than we would.

It’s not surprising, but odd they would remove the sailings without a notification. It would be great to know which ships and itineraries will sail first but I am sure they are worried about having to refund all the deposits. 

48 minutes ago, WNcruiser said:

It’s not surprising, but odd they would remove the sailings without a notification. 

Um. 

Hello?

”Odd” is the new “in” for the year 2020. 

Didn’t you get the memo?!?! 🤣

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, WNcruiser said:

Not sure If it’s temporary,  but ALL October sailings with the exception of 3 Solstice Australia cruises have been removed. Not a good sign. 

Thank you for the heads-up.

I'm booked on the 17th October Boston-Fort Lauderdale repo which has now disappeared from the Celebrity website.

It still shows on my TA's website as available but when I do a dummy booking I can get as far as choosing a cabin then it comes up with an error message, 'Sailing is closed'.

I've been expecting it to be cancelled for a while now, and even more so since NCL cancelled to the end of October - makes sense they should follow the same dates given they are collaborating on the 'Healthy Sail Panel'.  It will be interesting to see how long it is before Celebrity makes the cancellations official.

Tigrou.................I'm in the same boat, so to speak.  Waiting for the October 17th cruise to be cancelled as I would like to take the 125% FCC and apply it to my April 2021 Equinox (fingers crossed).  The price of the April cruise (9 nights) is more than October (12 nights) so I was waiting for them to cancel.  I'm ready to close the book on this cruise!!!!!

Just checked Silhouette -- all sailings up to and including the 20 Nov TA now not available to book. So looks 2020 European season is finally a goner. Wonder if the writing is on the wall for the South American season also ...

Edited by dutchclogs

Just checked Silhouette -- all sailings up to and including the 20 Nov TA now not available to book. So looks 2020 European season is finally a goner. Wonder if the writing is on the wall for the South American season also ...

Just checked. Celebrity website shows no Fall 2020 Transatlantic Cruises at all even though no notifications to cruisers yet!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Just because sailings have been removed from their website it doesn’t necessarily mean that X has cancelled them. They are probably assessing load factors, since when/if the ships sail again, they will only be able to do so with a greatly reduced percentage of passengers. 

Waiting, impatiently, for their next move.

• Like 3

Not sure If it’s temporary,  but ALL October sailings with the exception of 3 Solstice Australia cruises have been removed. Not a good sign. 

Odd. I have the X app and most cruises on all ships seem to be on then

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

3 minutes ago, Nachosdelux said:

There will be no cruises in the USA until there is an effective vaccine.

There will be no cruise ships in US waters until the CDC says so.

And if a vaccine is required, it would mean an end to cruising for many, many people who will refuse to be vaccinated, just as they refuse to wear masks.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, C-Dragons said:

There will be no cruise ships in US waters until the CDC says so.

And if a vaccine is required, it would mean an end to cruising for many, many people who will refuse to be vaccinated, just as they refuse to wear masks.

good riddance.  

• Like 13
  • Haha 1

Agree it’s not looking good now all Europe removed from site

that said they could be...working on new cruises which are shorter, only visit one country and have limited numbers onboard. 

A number of other lines are already doing this in Europe so would carry some logic

so all is not lost yet BUT not looking good for those who want to sail

16 minutes ago, begood2me said:

Final payments are being made on some of those cruises as we speak.  A great travesty.

Actually they’ve already been made for many of them. 😉

No travesty. If our cruise is cancelled we'll just move the FCC to our next booked cruise.

Edited by C-Dragons
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, C-Dragons said:

Actually they’ve already been made for many of them. 😉

No travesty. We'll just move the FCC to our next booked cruise.

I suppose it's a personal choice to loan money to a business for the defined return you're receiving.  

• Like 2

12 hours ago, WNcruiser said:

It’s not surprising, but odd they would remove the sailings without a notification. It would be great to know which ships and itineraries will sail first but I am sure they are worried about having to refund all the deposits. 

My guess would be they're preventing any 'more' deposits being made.  Most likely the rest of 2020 will be cancelled and perhaps even into the Spring if no reputable and/or reliable vaccine is found.

• Like 1

This has been obvious for a good while.

The European season is already half over or more and the majority of ships are in the wrong position. We L&S our Silhouette crossing in November months ago when there was no question it wouldn't sail. 

I saw something on Goggle this morning about X cancelling all cruises through October except for two from Australia.  I can not find that article now, so I do not know if it was pulled. However if the cruises in October are not being shown on the website I would bet money X is cancelling them.