My Time Dining on the ANTHEM

What is the EARLIEST time slot for My Time Dining on the Anthem of the Seas ?

Called the Cruise Planner today and was told the earliest is 6:30 pm. ???

We have sailed on the Anthem before and know the hours for MTD were earlier than that ??

42 minutes ago, boscobeans said:

We have sailed on the Anthem before and know the hours for MTD were earlier than that ??

MTD used to be 5:30pm on Anthem but they are messing with the starting times of it, just like they did on Oasis class ships.

My wife just had a thought, thinking it may have something to do with planning for social distancing with a reduced number of tables and staffing throughout all the dining venues.

Edited by boscobeans

RCI has stated that the did away with taking reservations for the early MTD times as they will be using that capacity for extra seating for the fixed early dining time.  There will, however, be some tables available on a first come first serve basis, sort of like showing up for MTD without reservations.

2 hours ago, boscobeans said:

My wife just had a thought, thinking it may have something to do with planning for social distancing with a reduced number of tables and staffing throughout all the dining venues.

If that were the case then dining hours would need to extended several hours at both ends. 

Our cruise last year on anthem we were online and on phone that earliest my time dining was 630 pm so I had emailed the rcldining address and asked them for 530 and a couple days later I got email confirmation and all was fine once we got on the ship.  Now the last time I sailed on anthem was march 2019.   I suspect alot will change post covid sailings.

9 hours ago, boscobeans said:

On my Anthem cruise in December 2019 the MTD time started 5:30.

• Like 1

The last time we were on the Anthem, MTD was open 5:15-9:30 nightly. We had reservations every night, but did a walk in when it fit our schedule better (we had some weather during the cruise causing shows to be rescheduled, multiple times). It worked wonderfully. 

Edited by BirdTravels
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, taglovestocruise said:

If that were the case then dining hours would need to extended several hours at both ends. 

Not if they alter the dining system in the Windjammer to table dining with waiters??? Everything is in flux especially what will be going on in the Windjammer.

Got an email today from RCCL.

Traditional early seating on the ANTHEM is now at 5:30 and MTD is later at 6:30.

Our last sailing on the ANTHEM ( Jan-2019 ) we had MTD and it was at 5:30 (5:15??) and it was in the GRANDE..

I was told the GRANDE is NOW TRADITIONAL at 5:30.

I changed my reservations to Traditional at 5:30 in the GRANDE.

I will see what we get once on board IF we sail in November??

2 hours ago, boscobeans said:

Our last sailing on the ANTHEM ( Jan-2019 ) we had MTD and it was at 5:30 (5:15??) and it was in the GRANDE..

I was told the GRANDE is NOW TRADITIONAL at 5:30.

Anthem has been using the venues on deck 3 (Grande and Chic) as traditional for quite some time - your 1/2019 experience was probably the exception. MTD generally uses deck 4 venues (American Icon and Silk), but when busy, MTD guests can sometimes walk downstairs and use deck 3 venues. The only change seems to be this new start of MTD of 6:30

Edited by Biker19

While MTD has shifted to starting later you may find they open the dining room earlier than the announce time.  Several times we went down to get drink before dinner on Anthem and they had already opened before 6.  Really depends on the expected crowds that night. 

Oasis-class they stuck an early fixed seating in the Mytime dining rooms and tables may or may not be available early, depending on whether booked tables show up or not.  We were able to get into our favorite table at 5:30 on Allure 12 nights out of 14 last trip and got nearby tables with same waiters the other two.  We like to eat when the dining room opens to keep the whole evening free.