RCI Air2Sea Refundable reservations

We are cruising Alaska in June 2021.  The Air2Sea website just published airfare rates for our travel but I didn't see or find an option to reserve as refundable.  I thought I read you could do this but couldn't find the details, I appreciate your help as this will be our 1st time using this method.  Thx in advance!!

29 minutes ago, JTBCruiser said:

We are cruising Alaska in June 2021.  The Air2Sea website just published airfare rates for our travel but I didn't see or find an option to reserve as refundable.  I thought I read you could do this but couldn't find the details, I appreciate your help as this will be our 1st time using this method.  Thx in advance!!

Just booked with them 2 days ago.  Was told all fares refundable up to 90 days out, and can price adjust up to that date as well. No $ upfront, thought it was a great deal.

When you are at screen to input flight details location dates etc right at the bottom (beneath cabin type) it asks fare type.  You select refundable there.

Keep in mind you can also do repricing should you find a cheaper flight in the next year.  No charge for reprice.  They do it just like repricing a cruise to a lower fare.  I have done this several times in the past.  I have found their fares for international and one way flights much cheaper than booking direct with airlines.  Yes you can pick your seats too. Usually need to call them to give your seat selection when you book.

• 5 weeks later...

Thank you jptoz and Sunshine 3601.  Follow on question, now that I'm booked, flying from St Louis to Vancouver is on United Airlines.  I tried to reserve seats but it won't let me as it shows economy seating and note states I have to wait until day of the flight to get a seat.  Not real happy about that as flying back on Alaska Airlines, I was able to reserve our seats.  Of course I can pay for an upgraded seat but don't want to do so unless that is really the only option to guarantee a seat.  Have either of you experienced this?  Also, if I see a better deal, do I simply cancel my current booking and rebook as long as it's more than 90 days out?

3 hours ago, JTBCruiser said:

Thank you jptoz and Sunshine 3601.  Follow on question, now that I'm booked, flying from St Louis to Vancouver is on United Airlines.  I tried to reserve seats but it won't let me as it shows economy seating and note states I have to wait until day of the flight to get a seat.  Not real happy about that as flying back on Alaska Airlines, I was able to reserve our seats.  Of course I can pay for an upgraded seat but don't want to do so unless that is really the only option to guarantee a seat.  Have either of you experienced this?  Also, if I see a better deal, do I simply cancel my current booking and rebook as long as it's more than 90 days out?

Could be a couple of reasons.

1st reason is that by going through Air2Sea, you purchased consolidator tickets. These tickets, prices, and restrictions were negotiated a couple of years ago. It could very well be that the negotiated price included the restriction that no seats could be assigned on that ticket.  

2nd reason could be that the tickets that were purchased were the "basic" economy fare that doesn't allow seat assignments.

3rd reason could be a glitch in the system.

here's a link for you to help you better understand what may be going on. The link is old, but the information is still valid.

Nothing wrong with Air2Sea, ChoiceAir, or any other consolidator program,,, just need to know what your getting so you can make an educated decision.

Right now I'm not very happy with ChoiceAir. We booked one way business class seats to London for our Anthem TA with them on Aer Lingus. $5200 for those seats. When Anthem's TA got cancelled, I called ChoiceAir for a refund and they said I had purchased non-refundable seats and I'd have to call Aer Lingus to see if "they would doing anything for me". I called Aer Lingus and the lady said my tickets were refundable as they are business class and I'd have to get my money back from ChoiceAir. So I call ChoiceAir back and the guy made me email the supervisor to request a refund. Then he had the audacity to tell me that they would contact Aer Lingus and "if they say it's OK, we'll refund your money but it will take up to 45 days to post to your credit card." What a run around and total BS. I need my $5200 so I can purchase my flights to Japan for Ovation next May.

22 hours ago, klfrodo said:

Could be a couple of reasons.

1st reason is that by going through Air2Sea, you purchased consolidator tickets. These tickets, prices, and restrictions were negotiated a couple of years ago. It could very well be that the negotiated price included the restriction that no seats could be assigned on that ticket.  

2nd reason could be that the tickets that were purchased were the "basic" economy fare that doesn't allow seat assignments.

3rd reason could be a glitch in the system.

It must have been a glitch as I was able to book it today.  Thx!!