Cappadocia private hot air balloon ride

Msgolferfhcc

We have a group of 8 that want to have a private or small group (12) ride. We don’t plan on going through Viking. Has anyone used a company they would recommend as well as not recommend? Fingers are crossed that we’ll still be going in April. 

Have you checked out the Ports of Call/Europe section of these boards and Trip Advisor for suggestions?

I know that you are asking here because you trust our answers but those two places may give you some leads. Sometimes specific questions (Have you used thus and such company?) get you more answers than open-ended questions.

Also, filed under food for thought: After having to deal with small tour companies (and the airlines) to get my money refunded when our June cruise was canceled, I decided that unless the tourist industry was in full swing before our April cruise,  regardless of cost, I was booking everything through Viking. If my April cruise gets canceled, I will only have to deal with Viking. One of our tour companies went bankrupt and the other tour company was slow to pay. I'm still sitting on vouchers for my flights.

I am not saying, "Don't!" That is not my business. I am merely saying, in these extraordinary times, to add these thoughts to the decision process.

• Like 1

Thanks. As it isn’t a port but a pre-trip, it’s hard to find anything on CC. I’ve checked the other sites and have a few names  I was just hoping a Viking person had done it. Not a problem.  And anything!! We book, is without $$. We had to rearrange our sept cruise to 2022 as we had two for 2021 plus wintering in FL. Viking was great in refunding. Had to fight United though. 

We did a hot air balloon ride over Cappadocia but not as a part of a cruise, but while vacation in Turkey.  Since the area is utterly fascinating, we chose to get a private tour guide for this part of our trip (we were in Turkey 3 weeks), and he picked up up and schlepped us all over the area.  He also organized our balloon ride, and transported us there and retrieved us.  I think we were there 3-4 days.  We did this trip in 2009, so long enough ago that I no longer have any info on it.  I do know I got the guide’s name and contact info from my friend in Istanbul.