The Daily for Monday Aug 3, 2020

richwmn

today is Assistance Dog Day and  National Watermelon Day

Life is a yo-yo, and mankind ties knots in the string.

Meal suggestion for today - Smoky sweet potato & bean cakes with citrus salad

Wine of the day - Sidebar Sauvignon Blanc High Valley vintage 2015

At Sea Indian
Eurodam destination Kochi eta 8/7
Nieuw Amsterdam destination Kochi eta 8/7
Volendam destination Durban eta 8/15

Gulf Bridge (Amsterdam Luggage) destination Panama Canal, eta 8/13

Balboa Panama
Koningsdam

Singapore Area
Noordam
Westerdam
Zuiderdam
Westerdam is listed as International Waters but appears to be moving,
maybe to Durban along with Volendam

Limassol
Amsterdam
Maasdam
Rotterdam
Veendam

Punta Arenas
Oosterdam

Scheveningen NL Anchorage
Nieuw Statendam currently docked
Zaandam

0803Pacific.png

0803Neth.png

0803Sing.png

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Good morning.

Thank you for the Daily.  Love the maps.

Interesting quote.

Assistance Dog Day - great idea.  Dogs have proven to be "man's best friend" and are a valuable aid to many.

Watermelon sounds great too.

The dinner suggestion sounds interesting, and the wine sounds wonderful.

It's a new week, hope it's a good one.

Stay safe.  Stay healthy.

• Like 5

Thank you for the daily.  Thank God for our service dogs.  I like watermelon but it is not something readily bought in an appropriate size for one.  I'll pass again on the dinner suggestion.

Today's care list:

I hope Allen gets good biopsy results soon

Sharon's In-Laws

AndiLand, grieving for Clementine

fatcat04's MIL

Mrs. Vmax in chemo

Those in the path of Isaias.  Tomorrow it will pass Maryland's Eastern Shore.  The tropical storm warning extends to I95.  I live about 5 miles on the good side of I95 and expect a LOT of rain.  My TA now lives on the Eastern Shore.

Roy

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Today's sunrise comes from my Northwest Passage trip.  It was on my train trip to the west coast from Amtrak's Empire Builder.  The sun came up August 3 soon after we crossed from Minnesota into North Dakota.

dawn0803.jpg

Roy

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for the Daily, Rich and our morning smile.

Yay on assistance dog day - they are a boon to many 🙂. No watermelon here today and since it’s a holiday, can’t get any.

It’s a day of celebration here - New Brunswick Day.  Happy New Brunswick day to my fellow New Brunswickers:

C389937D-4AC4-4B57-9B0F-6AD4A879133D.jpeg.78b411dc4890cf78fdbe6d0a0c7fbbc4.jpeg

Afraid I’ll be spending part of it watching the cyclone warning updates for here and the path to know how much we need to prepare.

I’ll pass on the dinner but the wine sounds wonderful 🙂 

Prayers for those in the path of Isais and all on our care list.

Stay safe everyone.

• Like 9

Good morning Rich. Thanks for the Daily and bringing joy to my morning.

The wine sounds good, reasonable, will look it up at our market, which has a pretty good wine selection. No on dinner. We are braving prime rib night at Wildfire tonight with friends.

Roy thanks for pictures and care list. I hope Allen's results get here soon too. Hoping the infection is gone..

Said all my prayers on Roy's care list, adding my 2 sisters Ann and Denise, Roy, Rich, Kazu, Puppy, Summer, KK, and my list continues on! 

It is going to be hot hot hot this week, so going to get all of my morning outside chores done. Claudio drove by yesterday and noticed my planters. Sent me a text and said he's going to come by and put the pots on a drip for me. Sweet guy.

I worried about my hummer's not having their solar sprinkle, so am going to the garden shop this morning and getting a fountain. The cardinals and other birds have pretty much taken over the bird bath anyways.

Hope Cat was passed by from worst of storm. Waiting patiently to hear..

Take care, have a great holiday to our Canada friends, wear your mask, carry love in your heart, it makes you feel great.

🐶 35+ Funniest Service Dog Memes | Guaranteed to LOL 🤣 | Doggypedia

I Turn Watermelons Into Intricate Sculptures | Bored Panda

• Like 8

10 minutes ago, kazu said:

It’s a day of celebration here - New Brunswick Day.  Happy New Brunswick day to my fellow New Brunswickers:

Happy New Brunswick Day to all NBer's.

Also happy Heritage Day to those in Alberta, B.C. Day to all those in British Columbia (including our 'baby' who has gone over to Victoria Island for the week) and all the 'Other Days' for that great nation of Canada.

Thanks to everyone 😘 who has mentioned and supported DW.  She has had a very bad last 10 days, but is slowly regaining a small amount of normality, which will aid her recovery before the next round of 'cocktails'. 

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, rafinmd said:

Thank you for the daily.  Thank God for our service dogs.  I like watermelon but it is not something readily bought in an appropriate size for one.  I'll pass again on the dinner suggestion.

Today's care list:

I hope Allen gets good biopsy results soon

Sharon's In-Laws

AndiLand, grieving for Clementine

fatcat04's MIL

Mrs. Vmax in chemo

Those in the path of Isaias.  Tomorrow it will pass Maryland's Eastern Shore.  The tropical storm warning extends to I95.  I live about 5 miles on the good side of I95 and expect a LOT of rain.  My TA now lives on the Eastern Shore.

Roy

Roy, I am sorry that Isaias is going to hit you with Worse conditions than I experienced. I may have received an inch of rain, and the only wind damage I could see was a broken branch on my Pentas plant. I was very Fortunate.

The Carolinas, Mid-Atlantic and Northward May be hit much worse, if the storm strengthens as much as they predict. Stay safe.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, kazu said:

C389937D-4AC4-4B57-9B0F-6AD4A879133D.jpeg.78b411dc4890cf78fdbe6d0a0c7fbbc4.jpeg

Afraid I’ll be spending part of it watching the cyclone warning updates for here and the path to know how much we need to prepare.

Happy New Brunswick Day, Jacqui! I hope it ends up not being bad for you. This has been a tough one for the experts to predict. 

Edited by cat shepard
  • Like 5

Thank you for today’s Daily, Rich! Morning Dailyites & my Sisters!

Joy, hope Allen gets his negative test results soon!  Isaias basically missed me. Very fortunate. Hope my neighbors up the East Coast fare as well.  I did not even have to carefully time Bindi’s outings. 

Happy Holiday to all our Canadians! Treats for all the service dogs!❤️ Watermelon is one of my favorite fruits. Beautiful pics of the ones that are carved!

That wine is good. Not sure if I had that exact vintage, but... I had it last year. Crisp, not sweet. And great price range.

Prayers for everyone on Roy’s list.

Stay well everyone!

• Like 6

Good morning and thanks for the update. 
I’m also wondering the track for the storm tomorrow. We are under a flash flood watch from this evening until Wednesday. Expecting several inches of rain. 
Watermelon sounds good.

Stay safe and keep cool.

Prayers to all.

• Like 4

48 minutes ago, VMax1700 said:

She has had a very bad last 10 days, but is slowly regaining a small amount of normality, which will aid her recovery before the next round of 'cocktails'. 

I hope the next round of cocktails are not as hard on her.  She remains in all of our prayers.

• Like 7

30 minutes ago, cat shepard said:

I hope it ends up not being bad for you. This has been a tough one for the experts to predict. 

It sure has been a tough one to predict 😞.  They keep telling us to check back but if we are getting the winds they are calling for, I need to move a pile of planters and other stuff.  I’m more worried about wind than water. We need water and we’re on a hill. 

12 minutes ago, 1ANGELCAT said:

I’m also wondering the track for the storm tomorrow. We are under a flash flood watch from this evening until Wednesday. Expecting several inches of rain. 

Hope you are spared the flash flooding.  Stay safe.

• Like 4

Good morning, thanks for the Daily!  Over the years, I've met a few wonderful assistance dogs, and I've yet to meet a watermelon I didn't like!   DH isn't a fan of sweet potatoes, so tonight's dinner suggestion won't be appearing on our table; I think we'll grill a few smokies and have them along with a simple coleslaw (as opposed to Killer Coleslaw).  And wine.

Prayers for everyone who needs them (and even those who don't think they do); living on the "frozen tundra" we never have to worry about hurricanes, volcanoes, or earthquakes.  When we hear of such events happening around the world, we're reminded how lucky we really are.  Sure, our winters are long and harsh, but that's the price we pay, and it's pretty minimal. Be safe, stay well ! !

Smooth Sailing!  🙂🙂🙂

Gerry

• Like 6

Good morning everyone on this holiday Monday in Ontario.  As has been previously mentioned, it's just an excuse for an August long weekend.  Thanks to Rich for his ship tacking, I am waiting for the day that the Zuiderdam is in Civi to await my boarding!  I can celebrate today, a juicy cold watermelon.  Love the saying, how true that is right now.

• Like 6

Good morning!  Thanks to all for your contributions to this Daily.  The happiest place on Cruise Critic.

I have a question about the Koningsdam.  Does anyone have any idea when it will go back through the Canal?  I hope to watch again on the webcams if we can find the link to them again.

And do all of you have to sign into Cruise Critic each day like I do?  Ever since the morning we couldn't sign in at first, I've had to log in each day.  There's nowhere on the log in box to click Keep Me Logged In.

18 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

And do all of you have to sign into Cruise Critic each day like I do?  Ever since the morning we couldn't sign in at first, I've had to log in each day.  There's nowhere on the log in box to click Keep Me Logged In.

Speaking for myself, no I haven’t had to log in each day.  I remain logged in and usually around 3 weeks or so, it seems to be forgotten and I have to log in again.  Might be because I’m on an IPad and geared to stay logged in on my sign in stuff?