Final payment date now is 60 days for remaining 2020 cruises

DaveFr

I received the following email two hours ago from Regent:

IMPORTANT INFORMATION REGARDING YOUR UPCOMING CRUISE

DATE OF ISSUANCE: AUGUST 3, 2020

Dear Valued Guest,

Regent Seven Seas Cruises continues to closely monitor the COVID-19 coronavirus situation and the global health environment. To address feedback from guests and travel partners, we are modifying our payment schedule for the remainder of our 2020 voyages — for any reservations that have not yet been paid in full, final payment will now be due 60 days prior to cruise departure date.

An updated invoice will be issued today reflecting your new final payment date.

If you have questions regarding this matter, please contact your travel advisor.

Sincerely,

Regent Seven Seas Cruises

Dave

• Like 1

Only seven 2020 cruises had not already reached final payment date; in addition, two of the seven are the Voyager cruises that have been on waitlist for quite a while in preparation for canceling.  Not much of an offer.

Marc

50 minutes ago, DaveFr said:

I received the following email two hours ago from Regent:

IMPORTANT INFORMATION REGARDING YOUR UPCOMING CRUISE

DATE OF ISSUANCE: AUGUST 3, 2020

Dear Valued Guest,

Regent Seven Seas Cruises continues to closely monitor the COVID-19 coronavirus situation and the global health environment. To address feedback from guests and travel partners, we are modifying our payment schedule for the remainder of our 2020 voyages — for any reservations that have not yet been paid in full, final payment will now be due 60 days prior to cruise departure date.

An updated invoice will be issued today reflecting your new final payment date.

If you have questions regarding this matter, please contact your travel advisor.

Sincerely,

Regent Seven Seas Cruises

Dave

Too late for our Nov. cruise but works for Dec. ones

4 minutes ago, mrlevin said:

Only seven 2020 cruises had not already reached final payment date; in addition, two of the seven are the Voyager cruises that have been on waitlist for quite a while in preparation for canceling.  Not much of an offer.

Marc

Marc, I think the COVID-19 lockdown is turning you into a curmudgeon. 😂

Dave

Well I wish they would extend this to at least the first 6 months of 2021 cruises as well; we’ll have to pay our 25 day Amazon Celebration cruise for next April in early November (150 days). We are happy to do it if there is some clarity on when cruising will resume, how it will resume, what ports may be open, etc., but the way things are going we don’t think we’ll know by then. My husband and I will have to decide if we want to tie up the money with all the uncertainty.  60 days, or 90 days at the outside makes much more sense in the age of COVID.

• Like 1

Does anyone know if they also extended the penalty schedule?  If you delay final payment and then decide to cancel (before Regent cancels, or if Regent doesn't cancel), it sounds like you would still be subject to the normal cancellation penalties unless you pay in full to qualify for Regent Reassurance.  If you are paying with FCC, extending the deadline would not be much of a benefit, and the penalty schedule may not be a big deal anyway.  But if you are paying in cash it could be.

Does anyone know if they also extended the penalty schedule?  If you delay final payment and then decide to cancel (before Regent cancels, or if Regent doesn't cancel), it sounds like you would still be subject to the normal cancellation penalties unless you pay in full to qualify for Regent Reassurance.  If you are paying with FCC, extending the deadline would not be much of a benefit, and the penalty schedule may not be a big deal anyway.  But if you are paying in cash it could be.

Regent UK have confirmed by email to me that it will only be loss of deposit until the balance payment date (although you might want to get this confirmed directly if you need to rely on it).

Sent from my iPad using Forums

17 hours ago, TravelBluebird said:

Well I wish they would extend this to at least the first 6 months of 2021 cruises as well; we’ll have to pay our 25 day Amazon Celebration cruise for next April in early November (150 days). We are happy to do it if there is some clarity on when cruising will resume, how it will resume, what ports may be open, etc., but the way things are going we don’t think we’ll know by then. My husband and I will have to decide if we want to tie up the money with all the uncertainty.  60 days, or 90 days at the outside makes much more sense in the age of COVID.

We are also booked on that cruise (Navigator) and unless things have really improved by November 3, we will not be giving any more money to any Cruise line.  I have enough FCC on Regent, certainly do not need anymore.  

• Like 1

Please, has anyone in the UK  received confirmation about the change to final payment being 60 days?

We are scheduled to cruise in December from Rio de Janeiro to Miami and are fairly sure this is likely to be changed significantly or cancelled altogether, but currently, our final payment is due at the beginning of September to our agency, so we would like to be prepared. 

Thanks in advance.

We are in the UK and have a cruise booked departing Dec 21st from Miami ... payment due Sept 22nd... and have heard nothing. However as we currently can’t get into the US and if that is still in place on the payment date as I guess it will be looking at the current situation there, Regent surely cannot expect us to pay up ( over £23000 in our case).

Having said that,  it is doubtful that we would want to go anyway as the experience is not likely to be what we originally booked and expected.

Hopefully our deposit can be held as a FCC.

Thanks for your update, swansong. We are in France at the moment and tracking Regent (and Greece for end of month). We are no longer keen to go on our cruise, either given the current situation in Brazil and Manaus in particular. 

I think we will have to contact Regent in the UK when we get back to confirm the current situation, which may well be different from the US, and then tackle our travel agency. I see no need to let them hold on to our money for six weeks instead of the usual two weeks. But it would be good to know ...

Kitekat , I have emailed Regent Southampton as TA hadn’t a clue. Awaiting response.

I’m in the UK and booked on Brazil cruise on 15 Nov.

Yes. Both Regent UK and TA have confirmed change to 60 days. Also new payment date showing on the booking details in Regent booking/account.

Have also confirmed only penalty to that date is the deposit.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

• 3 weeks later...
25 minutes ago, redmaid said:

Now extended to cruises departing up to 31 March 

Yet final payment date for my 31 May cruise is still 1 January.  🙄

I am hoping that we can get it delayed; shouldn't be an issue.

Marc

1 hour ago, redmaid said:

Now extended to cruises departing up to 31 March 

Could not find on Regent website; do you have a link?

Regent had also said (and I can't find this on website either) that they would cancel cruises at lease 60 days in advance if they are to be canceled; 60 days prior to the still listed 2 November cruise is 3 September; next week.

15 minutes ago, mrlevin said:

Regent had also said (and I can't find this on website either) that they would cancel cruises at lease 60 days in advance if they are to be canceled; 60 days prior to the still listed 2 November cruise is 3 September; next week.

Quite some time ago, they said they would cancel at least 30 days in advance.  Did they change that?

5 minutes ago, SusieQft said:

Quite some time ago, they said they would cancel at least 30 days in advance.  Did they change that?

My memory must be faulty; regardless, there is no mention of the 30 days either.  If my November Splendour cruise is not going to be cancelled for a while I may need to look at buying air.  If I purchase by 31 August I can at least get an e-credit if I need to cancel.

Marc

Edited by mrlevin

I think they are trying to meet the 30 day promise, and right now seem to be markedly exceeding it.  But at some point, they are going to have to bite the bullet and plan to sail their first restart itinerary.  It will go past 30 days, and we will all be very anxious to see if it will happen with nothing going awry.

I have booked air for May, but only because American Airlines was offering no penalty cancellation if I book now.