Club Class

wishIwascruising

We are booked on the Enchanted in April 2021 (fingers crossed) for a Mediterranean cruise.  I am considering changing our reservation to a Club Class Mini Suite. My understanding is that ALL meals would be in a less crowded area of the dining room, no cueing up etc.  I just was thinking in what might be a “post Covid world” that this might be a way to be in a less crowded environment aboard ship.  I would appreciate any comments from guests that have opted for Club Class and if it is worth the extra money and if there are any other worthwhile benefits.  We are not drinkers so wouldn’t take advantage of the bar set up.

I will not speculate on how things may look in the future.  From past experience, I would not consider the Club Class dining area as Covid dining compliant albeit better than the main dining area.  If you are concerned about Covid the best advice is not to be on a cruise ship in the first place.  My suggestion is to consider the value of your time and flexibility while on your cruise vacation.  If you want to schedule your day around activities and excursions without worrying about making it to the dining room at a certain time than consider the upgrade to get Club Class.  Club Class is available for breakfast and lunch (sea days) as well as dinner.   Breakfast is not necessary busy on a port day as the full suite passengers will usually choose Sabatinni’s over Club Class.  

Edited by Mears Family
add breakfast and lunch

It is up to you..... a lot do not see the value  in the extra cost...

Club Class dining was nicer compared to MDR.....

But a would not have gone Club Class just for the dining...

we use it because we generally traveled in a suite

But in the post Covid-19 world    how really knows.

Dreaming is better than reality ... Don 

I would think Club Class would offer very little if any COVID benefits, except for the tables for two. You still have to mingle with others on the rest of the ship. Think of the elevators for example. It's a possibility that you may not even be allowed to fly to Europe. 

In the past Club Class offered easier anytime dining for breakfast and dinner each day and lunch on sea days. The menu is the same as the MDR's plus one extra selection for dinner. The service is improved from non Club Class. You are paying for the extra service and prompt seating. When compared to non Club Class min suite fares the cost per day is fairly high. When compared to balcony cat. cabins the extra cost is much higher. There is a market for Club Class. Passengers do find the extra cost worth it. If you figure it out strictly by cost, dining in one of the three specialty restaurants each evening is less than the cost of Club Class. 

Edited by skynight
  • Like 1

Agree with comments above.  For us Club Class is not worth the extra money -- we'd rather spend a little more (our last couple cruises it was only a few hundred dollars more than Club Class) for a full suite which comes with many more perks.  Full suites can also get MDR room service which is wonderful for private intimate dining.

Having said that, who knows what cruising will look like if/when it ever returns.  I'm not sure making decisions based on historical data is worthwhile at this point.  

• Like 2

8 hours ago, wishIwascruising said:

We are not drinkers so wouldn’t take advantage of the bar set up.

The bar set up is only complimentary to full suites not club class MINI suites.  Club class dining is mostly 2 top tables that are not 6 feet apart so not covid compliant. Factor this into the value of upgrading. 

31 minutes ago, cruzsnooze said:

The bar set up is only complimentary to full suites not club class MINI suites.  Club class dining is mostly 2 top tables that are not 6 feet apart so not covid compliant. Factor this into the value of upgrading. 

1/2 bottle of red 1/2 bottle of white for mini's

I really like club class, but it would depend on how much it cost next to a non-club class cabin that I would like to book. I recently booked for 2022 and went with a club class mini because the additional cost wasn't all that much. I think $200 per week, per person would be my upper limit on what I'd pay.

On our Feb 2020 cruise aboard the Sky 7 night cruise  , we were in a regular Mini and were upgraded to Club Class midway 

thru the cruise. It was nice , more personal attention it seemed , but we would not pay the typical  rate difference for it.

• Like 1

We love club class and would not travel without it anymore. I don’t see why a “post COVID” world should make a difference if we are all vaccinated. And I am assuming that proof of vaccination would be required to sail just like you cannot get on a flight to Manaus Brazil without proof of malaria prevention

I would only spend the extra money for club class dining in a full suite.  That extra money could be used for specialty dining every night and still come out ahead.  I do love no waiting in line but, there were a couple of meals we attended in club class where we were asked to share the table with others.  Sometimes, the answer was yes, sometimes it was no.  The lunches we attended on crowded days, the question wasn't asked ... we were just seated at a shared table, which was fine but, it wasn't unlike the MDR ... just no waiting.    

When the cruiselines start back up again, from what I've read, they may sail at a reduced capacity and it is doubtful if they will seat others at shared tables.  I've even seen where we may have to make reservations so, maybe the lines will not be an issue.  Nobody really knows what will happen once the pause order is lifted.  But, it makes sense they will have to figure out something a lot different with the dining situation.  

our currently booked cruise - 6 day - Deluxe Balcony on Caribe

$ 260 pp more for a regular mini on Dolfin

plus another $ 120 to go to Club Class = $ 20 pp pd

so $ 380 / 6 days = 63.33 pp pd - no thanks ...

4 minutes ago, voljeep said:

our currently booked cruise - 6 day - Deluxe Balcony on Caribe

$ 260 pp more for a regular mini on Dolfin

plus another $ 120 to go to Club Class = $ 20 pp pd

so $ 380 / 6 days = 63.33 pp pd - no thanks ...

Please add what regular balcony would cost. We are not in the 'only use cabin to sleep or change clothes' but we do not spend a lot of time in cabin, even on sea days. Regular Balcony is fine for us.

7 minutes ago, Tedferg said:

Please add what regular balcony would cost. We are not in the 'only use cabin to sleep or change clothes' but we do not spend a lot of time in cabin, even on sea days. Regular Balcony is fine for us.

$ 37 per person more for the difference in a regular balcony and a deluxe balcony 

We were in Club Class on the Regal in 2019.  It was gratis because the mini-suite I booked was reclassified as a Club Class Mini-Suite after I booked it.  Club Class was nice to have for free, but I don’t think I would ever pay for it.  CC would not offer any benefit in a post- COVID world.  

Just looked at a Saved 10 day New England cruise Balcony $2349, Mini $2949, Club $3649.

For two people $1200 to go from Balcony to Mini; $1400 Mini to Club; $2600 Balcony to Club.

These were the first amounts shown on 'Choose Cabin', did not drill down to select location, Taxes, Port Fees etc.