Enthusiasm for cruising

Is your cruise vacation enthusiasm the same as last year?  

126 members have voted

1. 1. Is your cruise vacation enthusiasm the same as last year?

• Absolutely - I plan to cruise more than ever in the future
    • About the same - I plan to cruise same as previously In the future
    • Less - I’ve realized there are other vacation options besides cruising and plan to add variety in the future.
    • Gone - I no longer plan on cruising in the future.

We are still on the list of cruising as usual ( our usual is not like everyone).  I think we actually may have actually invented Corona Virus protocols many years ago, as probably many frequent cruisers have.    We rarely, if ever, are sick on any cruise.  We avoid crowds, use Purell ALL the time, along with frequent hand washing.  We never ever touch railings, elevator buttons, menus, door knobs or anything without using our shirts or something other than our hands. We sanitize our cabins with Peroxide wipes every single day and avoid personal contact with anyone involving hand shaking etc.  Frequent hand washing  is a given followed by hand sanitizer especially after touching a menu.  We rarely go to the Windjammer and if we do, a big ritual of not touching anything.  Avoid crowded elevators.  Unless we are with friends we have table for two for dinner.  Honestly very easy for us since we've been doing this over 30 years!!  I can absolutely guarantee there are a lot of frequent and long time cruisers who do the same thing!!

So a vaccine is a yes for us and then following our usual protocol and a mask when necessary, we're ready to roll when ready.

Edited by torpeedo

2 minutes ago, Etta1213 said:

We hope to cruise in 2021 and booked one for Feb-March, knowing it probably will be cancelled. I still enjoy having one booked.

It's actually fun going through the booking process even knowing that it will probably be cancelled.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, yogimax said:

It's actually fun going through the booking process even knowing that it will probably be cancelled.

Yes! I have joy just contemplating that we might get to cruise. ( I think I probably had the virus in Jan or Feb, not sure, but it was only time in my life a doctor had me on breathing treatments and an inhaler. I'm not sure where I'd go for an antibody test.)

1 hour ago, Etta1213 said:

Yes! I have joy just contemplating that we might get to cruise. ( I think I probably had the virus in Jan or Feb, not sure, but it was only time in my life a doctor had me on breathing treatments and an inhaler. I'm not sure where I'd go for an antibody test.)

If you have lab Corp near you they offer antibody testing.  I had one and tech told me only about 50% accuracy.  I truly believe both of us had it in february.  But my antibody test early june was negative.  Dh didnt get test.

10 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

If you have lab Corp near you they offer antibody testing.  I had one and tech told me only about 50% accuracy.  I truly believe both of us had it in february.  But my antibody test early june was negative.  Dh didnt get test.

Do you remember what you paid?

1 hour ago, vegas7df said:

We have 3 cruises planned for 2021, one was a lift and shift. Looking forward to getting back on a ship. 

We have 2 cruises booked next year (one was lift and shift) both with RC. If I could cancel them both and get every penny back I would - totally lost the enthusiasm  for cruising - it was waning before Covid anyway - and looking forward to finally getting round to seeing places on my bucket list. Since I'll have to take them I won't choose the Gone option and if I see something exciting in the future never say never. However, the same old boring RC itineraries mean if I do book another cruise it probably won't be with RC.

I would cruise more, but we already cruised 5 times a year last 5 years (last year we had 6), and this is a maximum we can afford time wise while working.

We are camping for now... and even looked at A/I hotels ... but cruising is our lifestyle. Cruising is super convenient for us with 5 ports withing a reach and Florida drive is doable. Once in a while we fly to Europe for a cruise.

Edited by Tatka