Dining on Viking Ocean Cruises

jjs217

I couldn't find this information on the Viking site - in the pre-covid world was dining on a Viking Ship a "dine when you want and with whom you want" situation.  My husband and I have always preferred to dine alone.  Thank you.

9 minutes ago, jjs217 said:

I couldn't find this information on the Viking site - in the pre-covid world was dining on a Viking Ship a "dine when you want and with whom you want" situation.  My husband and I have always preferred to dine alone.  Thank you.

That is one of the things we have enjoyed about Viking - we had the flexibility to dine alone or with others - either way.  At the World Cafe there were quite a large number of tables for 2.  In fact,  you could likely sit at a table for 4 as just a twosome at many times when it was not that busy.   In the restaurants you can also have tables for 2.  In pre-Covid times the tables for 2 were jammed very tight together so it often felt like a table for 4 or 6, but I would suspect that post-Covid that might change.

You won't have an issue at all with Viking in dining the why you wish!   Let's all hope that we can that chance someday soon. 🙂

We also prefer to dine alone and with Viking that is no problem. The Chef’s Table & Manfredi’s require reservations & there are plenty of twosome tables. The main dining room doesn’t require a reservation but again, plenty of twosomes they can seat you at. For all other dining options you can wander in and pick out your own table.

Can dine when and with whom you want.  Even one person alone.  Only once when we were two at a four person table in the World Cafe, were we asked if we wanted company.  I do think it is harder to get reservations for 2 at the specialty restaurants however.