*****Official Notice of October Cancellations Thread*****

bury me at sea

1 hour ago, jimbo5544 said:

They are giving the same line because......it is the truth?   Having done a huge amount of the credits, I can vouch for how detailed and lo g the process is.  

I am not talking about the refund time. I am talking about telling people the cruises are a definite go when the higher ups darn well know that they aren't.  

• Like 2

Might as well join in with the questions. I'm sure it has been answered, but cant seem to find the answer now when I need it. And yes, Carnivals phone lines are obviously down, telling everyone to call back later. For my cancelled cruise I plan to use the FCC and put it toward my cruise I already booked for May 2021. I used Gift Cards for both cruises. My May Cruise is $50.00 cheaper than the FCC amount. Do I just lose that extra $50.00 or what???

9 hours ago, vinsheer said:

Might as well join in with the questions. I'm sure it has been answered, but cant seem to find the answer now when I need it. And yes, Carnivals phone lines are obviously down, telling everyone to call back later. For my cancelled cruise I plan to use the FCC and put it toward my cruise I already booked for May 2021. I used Gift Cards for both cruises. My May Cruise is $50.00 cheaper than the FCC amount. Do I just lose that extra $50.00 or what???

I think this was answered not too far back, but I believe you get the extra $50 as OBC.

• Like 1

Does anyone know how long it normally takes to get the email from Carnival on the cancellation?  Our cruise friends goign with us got their email yesterday and they were paid in full.  I haven't received anything for the 10/31 cruise but I only paid the deposit so far.  Thanks.

21 minutes ago, Colorado Cruzer said:

Does anyone know how long it normally takes to get the email from Carnival on the cancellation?  Our cruise friends goign with us got their email yesterday and they were paid in full.  I haven't received anything for the 10/31 cruise but I only paid the deposit so far.  Thanks.

Immediately. Check your spam inbox?  Mass mailing, all went out at the same time even if you didnt get yours. Call if you feel you need to confirm 

1 hour ago, Colorado Cruzer said:

not in spam.  not sure why I didn't get the email?

I was the only one in our group of 5 that got the email.  In fact I got it twice since we had two rooms booked.  I suspect this was because I was the main contact on both rooms.  This could be why.  I also the only person that had done the online check in. (Don't think that is the reason though).

• Like 1

I never received an email from Carnival about the switch from Radiance to Breeze for our Dec cruise.  It is possible it just failed to send by Carnival, or got blocked by my email provider before it even hit my mailbox.

Speaking of said Dec cruise - my wife and I are seriously considering just re-booking it to sometime late next year, before it gets cancelled (losing out on a potential $600 OBC) just to avoid having a couple thousand bucks tied up with Carnival for another year (because it likely won't get cancelled before final payment).  I suspect we'll have better choices now anyway, rather than waiting for the rush of re-bookings after the next round of cancellations.

Growf.

18 hours ago, fyree39 said:

I'll ask in here so as not to create yet another cancellation thread.

If I take Option 1 with the FCC and OBC for re-booking, does that mean I can rebook my cruise for up to the cost of the cancelled cruise, receive $600 OBC and ALSO receive the cost of the original cruise as a future cruise credit?

We rebooked a more expensive cruise, so will owe some, but I'm unclear on the offer of FCC for Option 1.

If the cruise you apply the FCC to is more expensive you will pay the difference including the new port & tax charge. You will get the port & tax refunded from the cancelled cruise to the method you used to pay for it. If you also receive OBC FCC ($600.00) it can be used on your future booking along with any perks you may receive for that booking. If your next cruise you book is less than the FCC it can go one of 3 ways. Towards OBC, back to FCC or a refund back to you. That will be decided upon when you book the next cruise. Sometimes it is your choice sometimes not.

I had a cruise cancelled on rcl and never got notified. They decided to swap out ships the week I was booked. Found out here on cruise critic. I see the thread says my ship and the week I'm booked next feb, and was like ... that's the 2nd week of my b2b. Never did get notified, but it was cancelled my ta said for sure. 

Though now I'm getting worried even by next feb we wouldnt be cruising. Fine way of finding out. Cc. 

42 minutes ago, ALWAYS CRUZIN said:

You will get the port & tax refunded from the cancelled cruise to the method you used to pay for it. 

Or you can transfer the fees and taxes along with the fcc, rather than wait for refund, which is how we booked this october cruise.

My TA had no trouble transferring the fees and taxes along with cruisefare as many others have said they did. .. depends on new price if you want to just transfer them I guess.

Edited by firefly333

6 hours ago, xDisconnections said:

Go for the refund.

At first, I didn't think I would take that option. I'm definitely leaning that way more than I was. It was paid for in credit card points, so I'm curious how that works. I know I will be on a cruise ship before the end of 2023, which makes that $600 attractive. I will take a few weeks to decide.

I have a question.  I'm planning to take Option 1 FCC and $600 and wait later to rebook like in mid 2021 or late 2021 after they start to cruise for 3 to 6 months. My 2nd person is TBA do I need to select the Accept the option on behalf of all guests in the original booking and the new booking if applicable?  

Edited by Cruiseboy06

Not surprised by the cancellation, and not disappointed either.  We booked many months ago hoping that we'd have a better handle on the covid situation.  Sadly, that didn't happen.  We'll likely rebook for summer of 2021 or 2022 and take the onboard credit.  

Wonder if March will be a go, lol.  

29 minutes ago, Cruiseboy06 said:

I have a question.  I'm planning to take Option 1 FCC and $600 and wait later to rebook like in mid 2021 or late 2021 after they start to cruise for 3 to 6 months. My 2nd person is TBA do I need to select the Accept the option on behalf of all guests in the original booking and the new booking if applicable?  

If there was someone else booked with you that person will get their own fcc for their portion of the cruisefare. 

Depending if you booked solo before or how... how much your fcc will be. If there were 2, yes you have to accept for the both of you. One cant get refund and other fcc and obc rebooking. 

3 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

If there was someone else booked with you that person will get their own fcc for their portion of the cruisefare. 

Depending if you booked solo before or how... how much your fcc will be. If there were 2, yes you have to accept for the both of you. One cant get refund and other fcc and obc rebooking. 

So TBA will 2nd person..  I didn't named the 2nd person. just TBA and my last name.  I paid for both in full.

Edited by Cruiseboy06

15 minutes ago, Cruiseboy06 said:

So TBA will 2nd person..  I didn't named the 2nd person. just TBA and my last name.  I paid for both in full.

Ok just treat it like a solo cruise. I do solo and no TBA just to pay one deposit. But if you might have someone join you then TBA

what a mess they are, they need to get the money linked from the orginal cancel , half my money is missing, they canceled a  future cruise i saved created a new one so i lost the room i wanted  , omf , they dont train the agents on how to do this correctly, smh 

Is that the way to keep the name of the second person cruising with you flexible or can you just leave it blank and fill it in last minute?

36 minutes ago, drsel said:
19 hours ago, Cruiseboy06 said:

Is that the way to keep the name of the second person cruising with you flexible or can you just leave it blank and fill it in last minute?

yes!  When I booked it they only needed 72 or 48 hours prior the departure for the 2nd name..   After confirming the name you cannot change the name again unless you pay...

• Like 2

I received the cancellation email for October, but my trip is still listed in my “Plan” section on the website when I log in, and still allowing to book excursions for it. Is this just a glitch on their end? Right now it says “Hi SuperCanadian your cruise starts in 54 days”. I don’t need respond to the cancellation email to remove the trip from my account, do I?