Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
bury me at sea

*****Official Notice of October Cancellations Thread*****

Recommended Posts

7 minutes ago, Eli_6 said:

And holding on to the money for months on end.  I suspect they are using the payments from cruises they know they will cancel as an interest free loan.

 

Frankly, I am starting to get rather put off at the way they are doing business.  Two days ago they were still saying that the October cruises were going forward. (I obviously knew that was B.S.)  People book non-refundable airfare and take off work because Carnival tells them a cruise is going forward when the suits or higher ups darn well know they are canceling it.  It is, at the least, inconsiderate of its customers and, at worst, dishonest business practices. 

 

My B2B European cruises for next June (which are reschedules of a reschedule) are now missing from the website.  Yet, once again, Carnival is giving the same old party line: Not canceling.  How am I to know when they have told me that line so many times before and then a few days or weeks later canceled a cruise? 

 

They are giving the same line because......it is the truth?   Having done a huge amount of the credits, I can vouch for how detailed and lo g the process is.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, lovetocruise79 said:

We have an October 2020 cruise which was just cancelled and when I go to transfer my funds to a future cruise I have booked it's starting they are unable to locate my original cruise. I confirmed on my carnival manager the booking number, date etc. but it's still not allowing me. Forget trying to call their telephone lines are down. 

 

Anyone else having issues. 

Two+ weeks ago my two sailings on the Radiance were cancelled.  I could not get the form to work, and received the exact same message.  Seriously, I contacted Carnival via direct message through (The Carnival Cruise Line Book of faces) They responded in about 28 hours that they would forward my information and have it addressed.  Within two days, I received a call on my cell from "Miami".  Answer the phone.  It really is Carnival.  And the representative was with the Executive Resolutions department.  Great service, and she got me assigned to a PVP.  He then contacted my via email a few days later.  Now I need to contact him for my October 31 cancellation.  If that doesn't work....I have a phone number..... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, fyree39 said:

. . .

 

If I take Option 1 with the FCC and OBC for re-booking, does that mean I can rebook my cruise for up to the cost of the cancelled cruise, receive $600 OBC and ALSO receive the cost of the original cruise as a future cruise credit?

 

You can rebook for any priced cruise you wish.

 

 Assuming it's the same two passengers on a cruise that was at least six days long, you will get $600 cancellation OBC.

 

All money you have already paid for the cancelled cruise including fare, port fees and taxes, pre-paid grats, and Carnival insurance, will be applied to the new cruise.  This could be in 2 separate transactions.  (They somehow separate cruise fares, deposits, refundable charges, etc.)

 

If what you already paid is less than the same charges for the new cruise, you will owe the difference.

 

If you already paid more than the same charges for the new cruise you will get the overpayment up to a set amount (I don't remember how much) as OBC or a refund (again I don't remember which.)

 

In effect Carnival is offering to make you whole regarding monies paid, and adding the cancellation OBC as a thank you for rebooking.

 

Hope this answers your question.  Occasionally I have been known to misunderstand a question!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
31 minutes ago, fyree39 said:

I'll ask in here so as not to create yet another cancellation thread.

 

If I take Option 1 with the FCC and OBC for re-booking, does that mean I can rebook my cruise for up to the cost of the cancelled cruise, receive $600 OBC and ALSO receive the cost of the original cruise as a future cruise credit?

 

We rebooked a more expensive cruise, so will owe some, but I'm unclear on the offer of FCC for Option 1.

I've read excess fcc you can get as obc, up to $500 limit. After that you lose it. 

 

That's in addition to the $600 obc if it was a 6 day cancelled, so $1100 obc, and you can add stockholders for another $100 on a 7 day and right now I think ccl is offered a extra $50 obc, and it's all combinable.,

Edited by firefly333

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jimbo5544 said:

They are giving the same line because......it is the truth?   Having done a huge amount of the credits, I can vouch for how detailed and lo g the process is.  

 

I am not talking about the refund time. I am talking about telling people the cruises are a definite go when the higher ups darn well know that they aren't.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Might as well join in with the questions. I'm sure it has been answered, but cant seem to find the answer now when I need it. And yes, Carnivals phone lines are obviously down, telling everyone to call back later. For my cancelled cruise I plan to use the FCC and put it toward my cruise I already booked for May 2021. I used Gift Cards for both cruises. My May Cruise is $50.00 cheaper than the FCC amount. Do I just lose that extra $50.00 or what???

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, vinsheer said:

Might as well join in with the questions. I'm sure it has been answered, but cant seem to find the answer now when I need it. And yes, Carnivals phone lines are obviously down, telling everyone to call back later. For my cancelled cruise I plan to use the FCC and put it toward my cruise I already booked for May 2021. I used Gift Cards for both cruises. My May Cruise is $50.00 cheaper than the FCC amount. Do I just lose that extra $50.00 or what???

I think this was answered not too far back, but I believe you get the extra $50 as OBC.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Beyond disappointed ....I'd question the business ethics of advertising a cruise sale for October Cruise only to cancel anyway.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Joebucks said:

I had hope mine would sail, but I am not surprised. Deciding on which option I want to take.

Go for the refund.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does anyone know how long it normally takes to get the email from Carnival on the cancellation?  Our cruise friends goign with us got their email yesterday and they were paid in full.  I haven't received anything for the 10/31 cruise but I only paid the deposit so far.  Thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Colorado Cruzer said:

Does anyone know how long it normally takes to get the email from Carnival on the cancellation?  Our cruise friends goign with us got their email yesterday and they were paid in full.  I haven't received anything for the 10/31 cruise but I only paid the deposit so far.  Thanks.

Immediately. Check your spam inbox?  Mass mailing, all went out at the same time even if you didnt get yours. Call if you feel you need to confirm 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Immediately. Check your spam inbox?  Mass mailing, all went out at the same time even if you didnt get yours. Call if you feel you need to confirm 

not in spam.  not sure why I didn't get the email?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Colorado Cruzer said:

not in spam.  not sure why I didn't get the email?

I was the only one in our group of 5 that got the email.  In fact I got it twice since we had two rooms booked.  I suspect this was because I was the main contact on both rooms.  This could be why.  I also the only person that had done the online check in. (Don't think that is the reason though).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Colorado Cruzer said:

not in spam.  not sure why I didn't get the email?

I never received an email from Carnival about the switch from Radiance to Breeze for our Dec cruise.  It is possible it just failed to send by Carnival, or got blocked by my email provider before it even hit my mailbox.

 

Speaking of said Dec cruise - my wife and I are seriously considering just re-booking it to sometime late next year, before it gets cancelled (losing out on a potential $600 OBC) just to avoid having a couple thousand bucks tied up with Carnival for another year (because it likely won't get cancelled before final payment).  I suspect we'll have better choices now anyway, rather than waiting for the rush of re-bookings after the next round of cancellations.

 

Growf.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, fyree39 said:

I'll ask in here so as not to create yet another cancellation thread.

 

If I take Option 1 with the FCC and OBC for re-booking, does that mean I can rebook my cruise for up to the cost of the cancelled cruise, receive $600 OBC and ALSO receive the cost of the original cruise as a future cruise credit?

 

We rebooked a more expensive cruise, so will owe some, but I'm unclear on the offer of FCC for Option 1.

If the cruise you apply the FCC to is more expensive you will pay the difference including the new port & tax charge. You will get the port & tax refunded from the cancelled cruise to the method you used to pay for it. If you also receive OBC FCC ($600.00) it can be used on your future booking along with any perks you may receive for that booking. If your next cruise you book is less than the FCC it can go one of 3 ways. Towards OBC, back to FCC or a refund back to you. That will be decided upon when you book the next cruise. Sometimes it is your choice sometimes not.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Colorado Cruzer said:

not in spam.  not sure why I didn't get the email?

I had a cruise cancelled on rcl and never got notified. They decided to swap out ships the week I was booked. Found out here on cruise critic. I see the thread says my ship and the week I'm booked next feb, and was like ... that's the 2nd week of my b2b. Never did get notified, but it was cancelled my ta said for sure. 

 

Though now I'm getting worried even by next feb we wouldnt be cruising. Fine way of finding out. Cc. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, ALWAYS CRUZIN said:

If the cruise you apply the FCC to is more expensive you will pay the difference including the new port & tax charge. You will get the port & tax refunded from the cancelled cruise to the method you used to pay for it. If you also receive OBC FCC ($600.00) it can be used on your future booking along with any perks you may receive for that booking. If your next cruise you book is less than the FCC it can go one of 3 ways. Towards OBC, back to FCC or a refund back to you. That will be decided upon when you book the next cruise. Sometimes it is your choice sometimes not.

Thank you! Excellent explanation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
42 minutes ago, ALWAYS CRUZIN said:

You will get the port & tax refunded from the cancelled cruise to the method you used to pay for it. 

Or you can transfer the fees and taxes along with the fcc, rather than wait for refund, which is how we booked this october cruise.

 

My TA had no trouble transferring the fees and taxes along with cruisefare as many others have said they did. .. depends on new price if you want to just transfer them I guess.

Edited by firefly333

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We selected to transfer our Freedom cruise to a pricier Panorama cruise. I had to pay just over $100 to cover the extra, but we got more OBC which makes it all worth it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, xDisconnections said:

Go for the refund.

 

At first, I didn't think I would take that option. I'm definitely leaning that way more than I was. It was paid for in credit card points, so I'm curious how that works. I know I will be on a cruise ship before the end of 2023, which makes that $600 attractive. I will take a few weeks to decide.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

on hold to rebook for over an hour, i wish they would make it easier online to transfer your fcc and obc to next cruise. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I have a question.  I'm planning to take Option 1 FCC and $600 and wait later to rebook like in mid 2021 or late 2021 after they start to cruise for 3 to 6 months. My 2nd person is TBA do I need to select the Accept the option on behalf of all guests in the original booking and the new booking if applicable?  

Edited by Cruiseboy06

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not surprised by the cancellation, and not disappointed either.  We booked many months ago hoping that we'd have a better handle on the covid situation.  Sadly, that didn't happen.  We'll likely rebook for summer of 2021 or 2022 and take the onboard credit.  

 

Wonder if March will be a go, lol.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Cruiseboy06 said:

I have a question.  I'm planning to take Option 1 FCC and $600 and wait later to rebook like in mid 2021 or late 2021 after they start to cruise for 3 to 6 months. My 2nd person is TBA do I need to select the Accept the option on behalf of all guests in the original booking and the new booking if applicable?  

If there was someone else booked with you that person will get their own fcc for their portion of the cruisefare. 

 

Depending if you booked solo before or how... how much your fcc will be. If there were 2, yes you have to accept for the both of you. One cant get refund and other fcc and obc rebooking. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...