*****Official Notice of October Cancellations Thread*****

bury me at sea

23 hours ago, skridge said:

They have to keep some cruises that they know they will cancel available to be booked so they can keep the interest free loans pouring in from all the people that have been shouting at me since March.  

If you like cruising, you should be grateful to everyone out there that continues to book cruises. Without all these interest free loans, the cruise lines would be in serious financial trouble, not that they aren’t already. I still have several cruises that I booked prior to COVID-19, but I have no intention of booking any more cruises until/if they resume operations. I would much rather have my money make money for me, not to mention the risk of losing money paid to a cruise line if they declare bankruptcy. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, supercanadian said:

I received the cancellation email for October, but my trip is still listed in my “Plan” section on the website when I log in, and still allowing to book excursions for it. Is this just a glitch on their end? Right now it says “Hi SuperCanadian your cruise starts in 54 days”. I don’t need respond to the cancellation email to remove the trip from my account, do I?

Just means they havent started the fcc or refund process. 

9 hours ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

If you like cruising, you should be grateful to everyone out there that continues to book cruises. Without all these interest free loans, the cruise lines would be in serious financial trouble, not that they aren’t already. I still have several cruises that I booked prior to COVID-19, but I have no intention of booking any more cruises until/if they resume operations. I would much rather have my money make money for me, not to mention the risk of losing money paid to a cruise line if they declare bankruptcy. 

I do like cruising, but not at the expense of people losing money so some multi billion dollar corporation can stay afloat.  They should stay afloat on there own merits, not by taking advantage of there customers during a pandemic in my opinion.

1 hour ago, skridge said:

I do like cruising, but not at the expense of people losing money so some multi billion dollar corporation can stay afloat.  They should stay afloat on there own merits, not by taking advantage of there customers during a pandemic in my opinion.

Hmmmm....considering nobody knows when cruising will start, it's kind of a gamble.

There is a March 2021 sailing I was looking at on NCL about a month ago.  The price was higher than what I paid last year but within reason.  I looked at it today....and there's no way I'd pay that much!!!!

Based on this (and I doubt 3/2021 will be a go) I project the prices to skyrocket so better to book now.  Worst case, you lose a little.  Best case, you save a lot.

11 minutes ago, MsTabbyKats said:

Hmmmm....considering nobody knows when cruising will start, it's kind of a gamble.

There is a March 2021 sailing I was looking at on NCL about a month ago.  The price was higher than what I paid last year but within reason.  I looked at it today....and there's no way I'd pay that much!!!!

Based on this (and I doubt 3/2021 will be a go) I project the prices to skyrocket so better to book now.  Worst case, you lose a little.  Best case, you save a lot.

You lose it all if they file bankruptcy.  Not a gamble I am willing to take with my vacation dollars.

7 hours ago, skridge said:

Please. Carnival is very excited to resume cruising operations in November. They aren’t doing anything deceptive or unethical.

People shouldn’t book vacations that are currently for sale that fit in their availability when the cruise line plans to operate the cruise as scheduled?

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, jimbo5544 said:

Just a reference to your over exuberance. 

I wish I could have his exuberance.  I have "the least expensive I can handle" for 9/2021....and I'm debating to upgrade. 

The good news is that I wouldn't have to lay out any additional money.  The bad news is...why get excited about something that may not happen.  The good news is that I'd have more to look forward to.  (And I mentioned earlier...I expect huge price increases once cruises resume.)

The other good news is that DH, who says he hates cruising, is dying to get back on a ship (classic..you don't appreciate what you have).

ETA: DH just voted for upgrade (boy he must be bored)

Edited by MsTabbyKats
  • Like 2

39 minutes ago, MsTabbyKats said:

I wish I could have his exuberance.  I have "the least expensive I can handle" for 9/2021....and I'm debating to upgrade. 

The good news is that I wouldn't have to lay out any additional money.  The bad news is...why get excited about something that may not happen.  The good news is that I'd have more to look forward to.  (And I mentioned earlier...I expect huge price increases once cruises resume.)

The other good news is that DH, who says he hates cruising, is dying to get back on a ship (classic..you don't appreciate what you have).

Hope springs eternal

37 minutes ago, MsTabbyKats said:

I think his exuberance is just for fun. Being funny. I dont take it seriously. These boards have died. Hes just keeping things going. No one expects to cruise this year I know ... just a matter if they start up next year before their finances give out.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

I think his exuberance is just for fun. Being funny. I dont take it seriously. These boards have died. Hes just keeping things going. No one expects to cruise this year I know ... just a matter if they start up next year before their finances give out.

❤️

I’m not even sure my Jan cruise is going to sail and I’m really not looking forward to the refund fight again 😞

Edited by xDisconnections

26 minutes ago, xDisconnections said:

❤️

I’m not even sure my Jan cruise is going to sail and I’m really not looking forward to the refund fight again 😞

For some odd reason my ta says carnival is refunding $37 on my canc oct cruise. Problem is I was cancelling that card. I still dont have refunds from canc august cruise. Seems to be taking up to 5 months to issue refunds, and now I'm stuck waiting on $37 he couldn't transfer to new sept 2021 booking. He has no idea why, he specializes in rcl. 

12 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

For some odd reason my ta says carnival is refunding $37 on my canc oct cruise. Problem is I was cancelling that card. I still dont have refunds from canc august cruise. Seems to be taking up to 5 months to issue refunds, and now I'm stuck waiting on $37 he couldn't transfer to new sept 2021 booking. He has no idea why, he specializes in rcl. 

Yikes, definitely give your bank a heads up regarding that. Most likely they’ll be sending you a check for the refunded amount once it gets routed back to them but it might take a little bit longer. 

Only had one cruise this year. The Sky in January our 5 previously booed a year ago have all been cancelled. Including the ones we booked after each cancellation. Then they cancelled our two for October I went to book for Nov 15 and my TA went to Carnival to book it. She had a conversation at that time and then called me. Said do not bother. There is a 99% chance there will be no cruises this year. Now we are hoping our Jan 9, 2021 will be a go. I just booked the Magic for Feb 26, 2022 and the cabin we wanted was the same one we had for October 2019. Not available. A year and a half away.

I just got $1500 refunded on my credit card today for my canceled October cruise. I called as soon as I heard it was canceled on 8/5 and figured I’d be waiting forever for my refund but now I’m just waiting on about $350 and I’ll have all my $ back. Good job Carnival!

3 minutes ago, Jerseygirl1416 said:

I just got $1500 refunded on my credit card today for my canceled October cruise. I called as soon as I heard it was canceled on 8/5 and figured I’d be waiting forever for my refund but now I’m just waiting on about $350 and I’ll have all my $ back. Good job Carnival!

Same here, received a refund on one credit card today (Discover), hoping BOA will post the other portion soon.  Very pleased with the response time.

2 hours ago, Jerseygirl1416 said:

2 hours ago, ZoeyVictoria said:

Same here, received a refund on one credit card today (Discover), hoping BOA will post the other portion soon.  Very pleased with the response time.

Wow, that’s incredible!

11 hours ago, Jerseygirl1416 said:

UPDATE—

I received the rest of my refund today. So totally refunded on canceled cruise within 10 days. I’m very happy with that.

• Like 1

I used the online cancellation on the day they sent the email.  Today my refund (minus $250) and excursion fees were credited to my card.  I also received an email that my deposit of $250 had been credited to Paypal.  I closed that account last year so they will be sending me a check once I call back next week. I literally can't believe how fast it was when I was expecting it to take months.  

Fingers crossed I can take any kind of vacation next year.  I need to get out of my house!

15 hours ago, Jerseygirl1416 said:

I called about august cruise that was cancelled and ta quit, carnival wouldnt talk to me.