CLIA extends the volantary stop cruise ships through November (USA sailings)

BermudaBound2014

I believe someone was asking about an October Seaside cruise the other day, so those are officially off the table now. '

Important to note this is a voluntary shut down from the CLIA, not a mandatory from the CDC. I suspect the mandatory order will come next.

https://www.cruiseindustrynews.com/cruise-news/23338-cruise-lines-halt-october-sailings-from-u-s-ports.html

The article says "until October 31." The thread says "through November," which would mean November 30. Also, the word is spelled voluntary, not volantary. 😉 Just FYI, your thread is a bit misleading (although who knows, maybe it WILL be extended for all of November later). 😀

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, BermudaBound2014 said:

I believe someone was asking about an October Seaside cruise the other day, so those are officially off the table now. '

Important to note this is a voluntary shut down from the CLIA, not a mandatory from the CDC. I suspect the mandatory order will come next.

https://www.cruiseindustrynews.com/cruise-news/23338-cruise-lines-halt-october-sailings-from-u-s-ports.html

Maybe it was me... I went from May to Sept to Oct with my rebookings and FCC. Im done chasing windmills. Now, this one is going on an April. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, DCGuy64 said:

The article says "until October 31." The thread says "through November," which would mean November 30. Also, the word is spelled voluntary, not volantary. 😉 Just FYI, your thread is a bit misleading (although who knows, maybe it WILL be extended for all of November later). 😀

Through November to me means it picks up Nov 1. Just how I see it is all. The OP wasnt intending to mislead, its just in how you may interperet it. 

• Thanks 1

Through

— used as a function word to indicate a period of time: such as
a: during the entire period of; all through her life
b: from the beginning to the end of; the tower stood through the earthquake
c: to and including; Monday through Friday
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, Beachin2 said:

Replies getting a bit snarky.  Sounds like the RC board (yes, that was meant snarky to the engligh and grammer police poster).

Clever use of misspelling, both English and grammar! 

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, gtaylor said:

Through

— used as a function word to indicate a period of time: such as
a: during the entire period of; all through her life
b: from the beginning to the end of; the tower stood through the earthquake
c: to and including; Monday through Friday

Yeah, that's kind of what I meant.

Anyway, everyone who knows me knows that I have a smile on my face all the time and I love to joke around. I'm a very positive person. When I point out mistakes it's not because I'm trying to scold people or be mean, but because clarity is important. By way of example:

In German "halb neun" literally means "half nine," which means 8:30 to them.

In British English, "half nine" means 9:30, NOT 8:30. I remember this particularly because I was an exchange student in Germany once and had several British friends. When someone shows up an hour late because of a misunderstanding, it's kind of embarrassing. 😄 Being snarky was the last thing on my mind. Far from it.

Edited by DCGuy64
corrected misspelled word
  • Like 1

Whew!  Thread topic originally had me depressed, until I read that it is only through 31 Oct.  I have a Nov sailing (not that I am counting on it, but one can continue to hope as long as no official word is out!)

Pleased that TUI has completed a cruise.  Sad that Hurtigruen and another line have continued to show Corona virus issues are bad juju and still out there.

I'm ready to get back to some semblance of "the good ole days".  Sigh.

I appreciate that @DCGuy64 corrects me. He has admitted to being a proud member of the grammar police force . As the saying goes, there are the grammar police, and then there are the people that beat up the grammar police. Just kidding of course ;-).  

I like to learn from mistakes and will always default to DCGuy when it comes to use of the English language as this is his specialty. I have a science background and had an exceptional secretary throughout my career so I will wave the white flag when it comes to grammar. If I'm understanding this correct, cruises are cancelled through October 31st and until November 1st. See, I can learn something new every day.

Where I won't wave the white flag @DCGuy64 is in areas of  critical thought and logical reasoning.  We all have our strengths and weaknesses :). 

Edited by BermudaBound2014