USA Today - Exclusive: Cruise industry extends sailing suspension past CDC 'no-sail' order, until Oct. 31

-Lew-

33 minutes ago, Potstech said:

We have been informed by Princess that they have suspended cruises until December 15.  Way past the above date.

I am well aware of that! Perhaps you should inform USA Today...it's their article!

There are many people who read this forum who do not have a Princess cruise booked before December 15th or are not on the Princess mailing list.

I found it interesting that the CLIA membership took this action.  I thought others might be interested also.

On 8/5/2020 at 4:13 PM, -Lew- said:

I am well aware of that! Perhaps you should inform USA Today...it's their article!

It might have been polite to the gentle readers here if you added a caveat to the link

you posted indicating that it was inaccurate...

...as you already knew.

5 minutes ago, Roberto256 said:

It might have been polite to the gentle readers here if you added a caveat to the link

you posted indicating that it was inaccurate...

...as you already knew.

I have absolutely no idea what inaccuracy you're referring to.  Please enlighten me...

On 8/5/2020 at 4:13 PM, -Lew- said:

There are many people who read this forum who do not have a Princess cruise booked before December 15th or are not on the Princess mailing list.

I found it interesting that the CLIA membership took this action.  I thought others might be interested also.

Why do you take offence to someone giving further information? I for one would appreciate any info posted. As it was I already knew about the extension of the date but did not know of the Princess announcement!

Sarcasm is not appreciated by anyone on these boards.

6 hours ago, DCGuy64 said:

In your opinion. (and you're entitled to it) I disagree.

I find it difficult to believe that PCL extended their pause until 12/15 without knowing that all others were going to follow suit.  It is far more likely that all cruise lines will align with PCL than it is that the other cruise lines start cruising in November leaving PCL in their wake.  But yes, that is my opinion and you need not share it.

I have b2b out of Sydney booked for November.  As of today they are still showing active... “101 days until your next cruise”.  While I expect both cruises to be canceled, Princess has not done so as of 8/7. Where are you getting the canceled through 12/15 info? 

4 hours ago, Mary Sea said:

I have b2b out of Sydney booked for November.  As of today they are still showing active... “101 days until your next cruise”.  While I expect both cruises to be canceled, Princess has not done so as of 8/7. Where are you getting the canceled through 12/15 info? 

1 hour ago, Qextor said:

Which also says

All cruises sailing in and out of Australia on Majestic Princess, Regal Princess, Sapphire Princess, Sea Princess, and Sun Princess through October 31, 2020

4 hours ago, Mary Sea said:

I have b2b out of Sydney booked for November.  As of today they are still showing active... “101 days until your next cruise”.

For what it is worth, my December cruise that Princess cancelled is still in the Personalizer saying "Your next cruise is in 119 days."

5 hours ago, caribill said:

So Princess has not yet canceled all cruises through Dec. 15.  The two I have on Majestic in November are still a go...for now.  I’m expecting the trips to cancel prior to month’s end, as they should. 
thanks for the link.

Which also says

All cruises sailing in and out of Australia on Majestic Princess, Regal Princess, Sapphire Princess, Sea Princess, and Sun Princess through October 31, 2020

Nobody wants to rain down on the part

Will there be any cruising where thousands of travels gather for days all huddled together in an place where if anyone has it, they'll give it to everyone?   

Till with massive testing it is down to no outbreaks, and you can test realtime with 99.99% certainty of no infections, or you know vaccine is 99.99% efficacy and 99.99% of people have it, we ain't sailing.

BTW you won't know about vaccine 99.99% or get to transmission based herd immunity to late next year.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, chipmaster said:

Will there be any cruising where thousands of travels gather for days all huddled together in an place where if anyone has it, they'll give it to everyone?   

that doesn't happen, sorry, but "everyone" doesn't get "it"

1 hour ago, voljeep said:

that doesn't happen, sorry, but "everyone" doesn't get "it"

Yup the strong will get by, the weak/old not so lucky, enough cruise ship cases already.    

Wear that mask 😉