Drink Package Pricing for 2021

cellfree

I know this is an older post but did not want to start a new drink package topic. Does anyone have a recent package comparison pdf they could share? The MSC site link is currently not working https://www.msccruisesusa.com/en-us/Assets/Drink-Package-Flyer-01272020.pdf , and the only one I could find is from Oct 2019. https://www.msccruisesgetforms.com/cms/cmsimages/flyer/drink-packages/MSC-18-352_DRINK_PACKAGE_TRADE_KIT_rev_Oct2019.pdf?

Not really concerned with any pricing just content comparison. Primarily beers and U.S. whiskeys (bourbon). Sailed Seaside in April 2018 and had the Deluxe. More than happy with that. Interested in if there have been any changes. Thank you!

• Like 1

Including:

• One brand of draught beer (Heineken*) and/or Miller Lite bottled beer
  • Selection of house wines by the glass
  • Selection of spirits and cocktails
  • Aperitifs (Vermouth)
  • Alcohol-free cocktails
  • Soft drinks and fruit juices by the glass
  • Energy drinks
  • Bottled mineral water
  • Classic hot drinks (espresso, cappuccino, caffe latte, hot tea)
  • Coffee and chocolate delights (hot and cold)

Can be consumed in all onboard bars as well as the self-service buffet and restaurants, excluding speciality restaurants.

Satisfy your thirst with our drinks selection!

*The brand of beer may vary overtime.

TERMS & CONDITIONS: This package is for personal use only and valid for one booking at a time. The ID card issued with the package is non-transferrable. Abusing the terms of the package may result in the service being withdrawn and the remaining days not being refunded. The price of the package applies to each day of the cruise except for the day of disembarkation; the package cannot be purchased on a daily basis. Once activated on board, the package cannot be terminated and refunded. The package must be booked by all guests occupying the same cabin, or travelling together and wishing to eat at the same table, including minors who must book the Child version of the package. The package is not obligatory for infants under 3 years old (i.e. who have not yet reached their 3rd birthday). The following items are not included in the package: tobacco, souvenir glasses, ice cream menu, retail items, minibar and room service.

• 1 month later...

Hello all.  I have a few questions.  I'm a non drinker, but I'm a heavy non-drinker.  I can easily put away a liter of water 3x day no problem and with meals four or five glasses of soda.  On carnival the price was $30 for a week.  MSC it's $200, but you get shakes and other stuff too.  Just wondering if it's worth the price. 

Also, does anyone know how fast you can get refills at the bars/drink centers?  At carnival I had to wait at least ten minutes before I could get a refill.  

I saw you can buy wristbands vs carrying keycards.  If my partner grabbed my wristband by mistake, would she be able to use it or would they be able to tell she isn't me.

It says hot coffee drinks, but I primarily drink iced coffees and fraps.  Are these included?

Lastly, what is, "chocolate delights"

For review:

For adults who are over 21 years and to minors who are 12-20 years and who are part of the group/family with an Easy, Premium, Premium Plus or Non-alcoholic package.
Including:

• Alcohol-free cocktails
  • Sodas
  • Energy drinks
  • Flavoured water
  • Fruit juices
  • Bottled mineral water
  • Classic hot drinks (espresso, cappuccino, caffe latte, hot tea)
  • Coffee and chocolate delights (hot and cold)
  • Soft ice cream

Can be consumed in all onboard bars as well as the self-service buffet and restaurants, excluding speciality restaurants.

As discussed in another thread, it appears the cost of the Easy Package has just increased to $38/day.

Wristbands?  Haven't seen or heard a word about this.

Sadly, I expect my April cruises won't happen, so it will all be moot until some future sailing.

3 hours ago, NCTribeFan said:

As discussed in another thread, it appears the cost of the Easy Package has just increased to $38/day.

Sadly, I expect my April cruises won't happen, so it will all be moot until some future sailing.

As each day goes by I too expect our April 10th on Meraviglia will not happen, might as well start my search for future cruise now, keeps me going.

5 hours ago, NCTribeFan said:

Here is info about wristbands.  You can use it to find family in the shop and for hands free purposes.

https://www.msccruises.com/en-gl/Discover-MSC/MSC-For-Me-App/Family-Friends-Locator-Wristband-Plus.aspx

14 hours ago, thesnoopster2 said:

I'm a non drinker, but I'm a heavy non-drinker.

To me, MSC's non-alcoolic package is way overpriced at $29pp/day.  I assume you are looking at a US based sailing.  MSC often runs promotional rates, such as the "All In" rate that offers internet, Easy drinks package and sometimes other perks.  If you compare the cheaper "Cruise Only" rate to these inclusive rates it often comes out less per day than purchasing a drinks package separately.  I've seen the Inclusive rate as low as $17pp/day (averages about $24pp/day) more than the Cruise Only rate, so you can frequently get the Easy package for much less than if you book it separately.  Easy includes all items up to $6 on the non-alcohlic list plus some basic alcoholic beverages.  One caveat is currently MSC is changing the drinks packages and as noted above Easy seems to now cost $38pp/day so the All In rates may also be increasing.  If you're looking at a sailing after Nov, 2021 then you might have to wait a bit for the All In rates to be applied.  You can book now at the Cruise Only rate then later change to the All In rate when/if offered, it's a bit of a pain dealing with MSC customer service but it can be done.

Only the 2017+ ships have RFI wristbands available for purchase by the Bella and Fantastica cabins, they had been about $5 each.  Most bar servers use a mobile tablet type devices for making the purchase, no picture automatically comes up on these.  On the main bar's sales points the bartenders have full screens where a passenger picture usually pops up during the purchase, however I've never seen a problem when people use their cabin mate's card/wristband.  I've never seen a minimum time limit on drink purchases aside from the two drinks per transaction per card.

Edited by Até

1 hour ago, Até said:

To me, MSC's non-alcoolic package is way overpriced at $29pp/day.  I assume you are looking at a US based sailing.  MSC often runs promotional rates, such as the "All In" rate that offers internet, Easy drinks package and sometimes other perks.  If you compare the cheaper "Cruise Only" rate to these inclusive rates it often comes out less per day than purchasing a drinks package separately.  I've seen the Inclusive rate as low as $17pp/day (averages about $24pp/day) more than the Cruise Only rate, so you can frequently get the Easy package for much less than if you book it separately.  Easy includes all items up to $6 on the non-alcohlic list plus some basic alcoholic beverages.  One caveat is currently MSC is changing the drinks packages and as noted above Easy seems to now cost $38pp/day so the All In rates may also be increasing.  If you're looking at a sailing after Nov, 2021 then you might have to wait a bit for the All In rates to be applied.  You can book now at the Cruise Only rate then later change to the All In rate when/if offered, it's a bit of a pain dealing with MSC customer service but it can be done.

Only the 2017+ ships have RFI wristbands available for purchase by the Bella and Fantastica cabins, they had been about $5 each.  Most bar servers use a mobile tablet type devices for making the purchase, no picture automatically comes up on these.  On the main bar's sales points the bartenders have full screens where a passenger picture usually pops up during the purchase, however I've never seen a problem when people use their cabin mate's card/wristband.  I've never seen a minimum time limit on drink purchases aside from the two drinks per transaction per card.

I booked a sailing for 11/6/2021 for a 7 day trip.  I got a great rate, $299 for a fantastica balcony room plus the $150 taxes so $450 total per person.  I don't know if I would see an all inclusive rate today would make me take a different rate, plus I don't want to use wifi.  Want to get away from that and maybe only wifi in ports where I can get free wifi

28 minutes ago, thesnoopster2 said:

I booked a sailing for 11/6/2021 for a 7 day trip.  I got a great rate, $299 for a fantastica balcony room plus the $150 taxes so $450 total per person.

Meraviglia?  It looks like you booked a discounted rate through a travel agent.  It would be next to impossible to change to an inclusive booking rate and save any money in the end.  If you decide to spend the $203pp booking the non-alcoholic package before you sail will save you a 15% gratuity once you're on the ship.  Recently I've said it may be best to book items like this sooner than later since MSC packages are changing and some prices have been increasing but I think MSC would have a difficult time increasing the cost of that non-alcoholic package.

Edited by Até

1 hour ago, Até said:

Meraviglia?  It looks like you booked a discounted rate through a travel agent.  It would be next to impossible to change to an inclusive booking rate and save any money in the end.  If you decide to spend the $203pp booking the non-alcoholic package before you sail will save you a 15% gratuity once you're on the ship.  Recently I've said it may be best to book items like this sooner than later since MSC packages are changing and some prices have been increasing but I think MSC would have a difficult time increasing the cost of that non-alcoholic package.

I booked on msc website directly.  I was able to get a status match and that saved some cash, and I work in healthcare so that saved some cash as well

43 minutes ago, thesnoopster2 said:

I booked on msc website directly.  I was able to get a status match and that saved some cash, and I work in healthcare so that saved some cash as well

Thanks, that explains the rate.  Just so you know, the Healthcare and Voyagers Club discounts do not affect the cost of purchasing a drinks package separately but the discounts are applied to the cost of these perks when they are included in a promotional rate.  So if MSC offers the All In rate on your sailing, say for $25pp per day more, you can switch to that rate and the Voyagers Club and Healthcare discount will apply making the final cost of adding the perks much, much less.  If you booked under the no frills "Cruise Only" rate it's a no brainer to switch, but if you booked under the "Spending Credit & Kids Free" promotional rate you would possibly lose the $50pp OBC by switching to the All In rate that usually doesn't offer OBC.  So in that case it might be closer but I still think it would be cheaper overall.

• Like 1

Just had a look at the Euro prices for our booked European cruises this year and noticed that they've increased.  Easy is now €32 (was €29), Premium is €42 (was €39);  Prem Plus is still €55 (hasn't changed). These are the onboard prices when Euro is the currency onboard (plus 15% service charge) for those who don't have packages prior to boarding.

I've seen the same with my US booked European sailings.  Easy now up to $38, Premium now up to $51 and Premium Plus the same at $62.    Perhaps especially for thesnoopster2 they lowered the non-alcoholic to $23, although I don't have a US sailing before November to check if they lowered it for US based sailings.  Just so I could try it once before it possibly disappears I decided to upgrade to Premium Plus that is still available on one booking but MSC US stated they are making changes to the packages and cannot let me upgrade at the moment.

We have 2 cruises in Euro prices for this year, one in April with the prices stated above, and one in December with the new packages and prices:

-easy with the same price,

-easy plus with 44 euros per night, all beverages priced up to 8 euros, now including cordials and 10% discount on bottles of wine,

-premium extra with 62 euros per night, all beverages priced up to 13 euros, now including only 25% discount on bottles of wine and champagne (but it doesn't include all drinks by the glass anymore, and no more minibar drinks included),

-alcohol-free package with 23 euros per night, with a wide choice of alcohol free cocktails, so not all alcohol free drinks anymore apparently,

-minors package with 15 euros per night.

There are no special moments packages loaded, so it seems they are changing the prices and perhaps content as well, on those too.

• Thanks 1

On 1/16/2021 at 4:22 PM, Beamafar said:

Just tried to log in to my bookings to check if those new packages/prices are showing - especially on our October booking - but it's insisting on entering Captchas which it's not accepting.  😡  Maybe the site's being updated?

I have managed to log into my May booking and the old prices and packages are still indicated.

Our October booking shows the increased prices;  Premium Plus still includes all drinks by the glass, with no price limits as well as drinks and food from the minibar/room service menu.  It specifies that Venchi, Lavazza and Jean Philippe venues are excluded.

Edited by Beamafar

55 minutes ago, vistaman said:

i am booked for February in YC but I cannot upgrade to Plus online ?? 

You can't upgrade the drink package on-line, you have to call MSC or your TA.  Sometimes this can be a process if you don't get a person who was trained properly.  Just make sure that you know how much it should be.  I've had luck a few times but not all the time.

• 2 months later...

I'm reviving this thread for help with the Premium Plus package

From the MSC website:

Book now unlimited consumption of all drinks by the glass with no price limit!

Including all Premium Package drinks plus:

• Drinks and food from the Minibar
  • Drinks and Food from room service menu
  • Drinks from theme bar menus
  • 30% discount on bottles of wine and champagne from our wine lists

You can order your drinks in our bars, as well as the self-service buffet and restaurants, including the specialty restaurants, but not in signature venues (Venchi 1878 establishments, Lavazza Coffee Shop, Jean Philippe Chocolate, Coffee, Crepes & Gelato and Starship Club).

My questions are:

1. Are any of the signature venues listed above on the MSC Divina?  It sounds like I'll have to pay for my specialty lattes - correct?

2. Room service drinks and food are included - does anyone know where i can get a room service menu for Divina?

3. I'm guessing the 30% discount on wine and champagne don't include bottles I would purchase to take home.  Is that right?

4. My price for September 2021 sailing was $79 per person per day.  No tip or tax was included - do they add some percentage as an automatic tip per drink?

Thanks!

Diane