Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community

Recommended Posts

I didn't want to hijack someone else's post. Because I expect my cruise to be canceled in Nov, I have questions on how to proceed: Refund or FCC. If the cruise is canceled and we take the FCC, we are going to book another RCL cruise around March 27, 2021. The FCC should be able to cover it or maybe even a little more, but we would pay the whole cruise off now. No issue there. Fast forward 4-5 months, cruises aren't sailing and they cancel the new cruise. Will they issue a new FCC for the March cruise or would they re-issue the Nov FCC, then a new FCC for the March cruise difference, and force me to use those on 2 separate future cruises because they can't stack?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That's what I am wondering also.  

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, bigrednole said:

I didn't want to hijack someone else's post. Because I expect my cruise to be canceled in Nov, I have questions on how to proceed: Refund or FCC. If the cruise is canceled and we take the FCC, we are going to book another RCL cruise around March 27, 2021. The FCC should be able to cover it or maybe even a little more, but we would pay the whole cruise off now. No issue there. Fast forward 4-5 months, cruises aren't sailing and they cancel the new cruise. Will they issue a new FCC for the March cruise or would they re-issue the Nov FCC, then a new FCC for the March cruise difference, and force me to use those on 2 separate future cruises because they can't stack?

They are reissued as one FCC

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Mapleleafforever said:

My advice, take the refund and wait. It's the only way to guarantee you don't lose your money......

 

 

This, this, a thousand times THIS.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I took the 125% FCC for my RCI cancelled May 2020 cruise and booked May 2021...upgraded from a JS to a GS and have excess FCC that will be issued as another FCC. Just my personal decision as to what I opted for.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Mapleleafforever said:

My advice, take the refund and wait. It's the only way to guarantee you don't lose your money......

I agree. But I did want to know options before I make any decisions. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...