Princess Cruisetour

LCW

We have a post-cruise tour through Princess, 1st day in Denali Lodge, 2nd in McKinley lodge, Train back for 3rd night in Anchorage.

Since it's an 8 hour trip to Denali Lodge (bus) wondering where they stop along the way, and if they stop more than once? 

Also wondering what time the bus leaves the ship?

Yes, we do.  We will be taking a hike to Horseshoe Lake when we reach Denali - something I did with my parents a couple times when we lived in Anchorage and a bit of a family tradition.  The McKinley Lodge stay gives us a chance, however remote, at seeing the mountain, and maybe some fishing or horseback riding. And I enjoy the train ride.

This is our one trip to Alaska with our daughter, I doubt we'll ever be back. And I don't want the hassle of driving myself.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, LCW said:

And I don't want the hassle of driving myself.

Personally, I did not find driving in Alaska to be a hassle.  (And, I am one who does not care for driving in unfamiliar places, like Miami and Washington, D. C.)  Even driving in Anchorage, it is an easy place to navigate even if one has never been there.  Get a good map, study it before you arrive, and each day plan on where you are going and how to get there.  

11 minutes ago, rkacruiser said:

Personally, I did not find driving in Alaska to be a hassle.  (And, I am one who does not care for driving in unfamiliar places, like Miami and Washington, D. C.)  Even driving in Anchorage, it is an easy place to navigate even if one has never been there.  Get a good map, study it before you arrive, and each day plan on where you are going and how to get there.  

The OP has been there multiple times and doesn't want to drive.       They have indicated elsewhere their cruise tour choice is a fixed deal.     

3 hours ago, LCW said:

Thanks Budget Queen!  just what I wanted to know.

Looking forward to someone else driving for a change!  Sick of DC traffic.

When I lived in Northern VA I always hated driving in DC....  stoplights are in all the wrong places!  Not to mention the traffic.