Cruising March 2021???

beshears

On 8/7/2020 at 7:26 AM, sanger727 said:

Nope, not comparing to a non-American prison. And yes, I realize technically it was better than real prison. But being held captive in a 80 square foot room for 23 hours a day with an hour on deck and being brought food when it's convenient for the employees is a price much much much too high for me to pay for a vacation. 

80 sq feet? Must not be a Carnival ship.

On 8/6/2020 at 2:18 PM, wingnt68 said:

I am booked on Mardi Gras March 13, 2021.  Part of me is hoping we sail part of me is thinking what if something happens and I am stuck at sea for weeks.  I really don't want to be the guinea pig of the cruise line start up.  😞

"Stuck" at sea for weeks sounds like Heaven to me! Well, perhaps not if it makes me miss the next cruise. I have 3 booked before March 13th and am only concerned about 1.

1 minute ago, drsel said:

Is that a ship leaving from a US port?
If they cancel it will you get 600 OBC?

Galveston. Yeah I would imagine I would get an option of 100% refund or 100% FCC + $600 OBC like my other cancellations.

Galveston. Yeah I would imagine I would get an option of 100% refund or 100% FCC + $600 OBC like my other cancellations.

So, is this is a good idea? 

you pay in full for a Carnival Cruise departing from US ports in November (which you know will be cancelled,) and get a REWARD of $600 OBC for transferring the full payment to a new Cruise in 2021, which you have already booked and paid a deposit on ?

Does Carnival allow transfer of this full payment of a cancelled Cruise to a cruise already booked in 2021?

Or do you have to make yet another fresh booking for a 3rd Cruise?

Is this what Carnival wants everyone to do in order to generate cash flows?

1 hour ago, drsel said:

Carnival had no knowledge that many cruises would not leave the dock. The hospitality business requires you to make plans in the future and sell the house as much as practicable. Even though no one knows when this nightmare will end Carnival is right to make plans and take deposits. 

Carnival has no cash flow problem. 'They have adequate access to operating capital for an extended period. Many other cruise lines do not enjoy this luxury. 

For any cruise that has been canceled they will return 100% of the funds paid, returned to the original for of payment. Sure some have complained of delays in being refunded, but no one has been denied a refund.

As a goodwill gesture to retain the business they have offered a generous amount of on board credit to people who would move their funds to a future sailing. Management fully believes these sailings will take place. Only time will tell if anyone sails on a large ship from a US port in 2021, but I am willing to take a chance. 

They would be within their rights to simply refund canceled voyages, but Carnival has stepped up to the plate and shown their concern for their guests with a substantial sum.  

• Like 3

9 hours ago, seaman11 said:

well i guess some see it that way , to me its not the worst thing in the world.  

I have anxiety issues around feeling trapped and/or not having food. The food is the biggest issue to me. On every trip I take I take gallon bag full of protein bars so that I always have food available. I can manage my anxiety issues through exercise and sunshine. Being stuck in an interior room with no sunshine, no access to exercise, and being brought food on their schedule is a nightmare for me. Id rather have a tooth drilled without novacane

7 hours ago, drsel said:

So, is this is a good idea? 

you pay in full for a Carnival Cruise departing from US ports in November (which you know will be cancelled,) and get a REWARD of $600 OBC for transferring the full payment to a new Cruise in 2021, which you have already booked and paid a deposit on ?

Does Carnival allow transfer of this full payment of a cancelled Cruise to a cruise already booked in 2021?

First off I did not book it knowing it would be canceled. I booked it in June when my August cruise was canceled with the hope of it sailing. I still hope it sails. If it doesn’t I will take the FCC + OBC. I’m not losing anything because I paid for it with gift cards I bought before the cancellations. They can only be used for carnival so I’d basically be turning my carnival gift cards into FCCs with OBC.

And actually all of the gift cards aren’t going on the FCC. Example: I paid $1,356 for my Breeze cruise. They aren’t giving me a $1,356 FCC. They’re giving me a $198 FCC with $600 OBC and sending me a gift card for $1,158. I like that because if I want to apply the FCC to a cheaper cruise I can. 

My TA has said I can use a FCC on an existing booking if I want. I haven’t tried it yet. I want to pick and choose which cruises I’m going to need a lot of OBC on. I have a courtesy hold on Alaska for next year. All of their excursions are expensive. With the OBC from the FCC + my TA’s OBC, + my shareholder benefit, I’ll have $850 OBC on that cruise. 

Edited by Saint Greg
  • Like 2

We have a January 2021 Journeys cruise booked (been booked for about 18 months).  We have decided to push that out to a 10 day Journeys cruise in December of 2021.  IF cruiselines can sail the beginning of the year, they are going to be limited and shortened itineraries.  I don't see anything over 7 days sailing until mid-year or so.  We are also sailing out of Charleston, which I don't think will be operational for a couple of months after sailing resumes.

That being said, we found an awesome 7 day cruise in a balcony cabin on HAL for mid-Februrary - we are going to book that using our FCC from our November cruise that was cancelled.  

We also have a 10 day booked in April on X that I'm pretty sure won't go because of the length of itinerary, but we'll cross that bridge when the time comes.

12 hours ago, firefly333 said:

Well originally had booked b2b jewel and the 2nd week rcl decided to change jewel with liberty. Jewel was booked perfect day in the Bahamas which is what rcl calls their coco cay trip. Its popular but I gave it up and now moved to last 2 weekends of feb on liberty of the seas out of Galveston. 

My perfect day in the Bahamas I could have kept and tried to move cancelled week to end of January but it went to jamaica where I did t want to go. Lol I'm not sure where I'm going now they shuffled ships on me twice now. I figured last 2 weeks of feb had better chance of going than last week of jan and first week of feb.

I started with 3 ships, 5 cruises on rcl, allure march 22 also got moved to liberty lol. So now I got liberty booked 5 times. Rcl cancelled or postponed terminal 3 in galveston, so terminal 2 is too small to bring in allure, but on one I got a primo corner aft balcony. He had to downgrade me to get it, but I said ok, I'd paid for top balcony class and could have hump balcony, almost all were open or corner aft balcony, hard choice, but I picked aft. 

I just want them to stop cancelling me. In between I'm in the process of moving 7 night oct 2020 canc cruise to vista sept 2021. My ta says he has to call back monday they said to move the rest of the money over. 1 ccl and 5 rcl booked right now.

That's alot of shuffling.  We had alot booked this year and I thought I was playing  it safe by rescheduling to Radiance 2021 as they were cancelled... not so much...lol. I'm just holding credits now, I think I'm up to 6-7 cancelled, with 4 still booked through feb 2021.  

I'm not worried yet about the 9nes I have in 2022 and 2023...yet anyway!

Galveston got the short end of the stick in the ship reshuffle, both RC and Carnival.

I have a cruise booked in January and recently put a deposit down on a cruise in April.  I had already put a deposit down on the January cruise when my September cruise was cancelled.  I was able to move over all of the money I paid for my September cruise to my January cruise and even received a refund within two weeks for the overpayment since the new cruise was less expensive.

I have debated about calling Carnival and moving my January cruise, but I'm just going to let it all play out.  A lot can happen in a few months, so I am willing to wait and see.  If it doesn't sail, then I will move all of that money to my Mardi Gras cruise in April.  I don't see the harm in putting down a deposit on a 2021 cruise knowing my only risk is if the company goes under.  I can change my airline tickets without a penalty.

Edited by TNcruising02
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, drsel said:

Does Carnival allow transfer of the full payment +$600 OBC reward of a cancelled 2020 Cruise to a cruise already booked in 2021?

You can roll over to existing bookings but the $600 OBC doesn't keep adding up.

You can roll over to existing bookings but the $600 OBC doesn't keep adding up.   

Yes I understand that the 600 OBC is a reward given for shifting a deposit or full payment from a cancelled Cruise to a future Cruise, when payment was made with fresh money only (and not when a FCC was used ).    

Is Carnival the only one giving this 600 OBC+100% FCC ?

I don't think any other cruise line is giving anything more than a full refund or 125% FCC

I read that Princess is giving 200% FCC on the deposit amount, if you had only paid a deposit and your Cruise got cancelled by Princess.

3 hours ago, TNcruising02 said:

I have a cruise booked in January and recently put a deposit down on a cruise in April.  I had already put a deposit down on the January cruise when my September cruise was cancelled.  I was able to move over all of the money I paid for my September cruise to my January cruise and even received a refund within two weeks for the overpayment since the new cruise was less expensive.

I have debated about calling Carnival and moving my January cruise, but I'm just going to let it all play out.  A lot can happen in a few months, so I am willing to wait and see.  If it doesn't sail, then I will move all of that money to my Mardi Gras cruise in April.  I don't see the harm in putting down a deposit on a 2021 cruise knowing my only risk is if the company goes under.  I can change my airline tickets without a penalty.

We booked a cruise for March next year.  There is no guarantee that we will not have problems, but I think it is a reasonable risk to take.  Life will always have some risk, you just have assess what is acceptable.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, BlerkOne said:

80 sq feet? Must not be a Carnival ship.

I thought my cabin on Sovereign of the Seas was small at about 114 sq ft. You literally opened the door took 2 steps and you were at the bed. The TV was mounted where the headboard was so we had to lay down at the bottom of the bed to watch TV. lol

Edited by Illbcruzn4life

I moved my credit from a cancelled June cruise to Feb 1, 2021. I wasn’t concerned at the time but now I’m thinking it’s a 50/50 chance we will sail. We are in a balcony specifically in case we get quarantined. (One of the double/sideways rooms.) We are bringing our own soda and some various snacks just in case. Plus lots of books, some cards, etc.  Supposedly stopping in Key West but not planning to get off the ship anyway. Hoping we make it to Cozumel but we both know we may not. If this one cancels, I’ll rebook for winter of 22. 

I originally rescheduled our cancelled Easter Week family cruise on the Vista to July 25 and then again to March 27, 2021. The kids have now all bailed so the March cruise is a no go.  I was happy to get a refund for the kids cabin and move our funds and $600 OBC to the Vista in May, a cruise I booked almost a year ago for our 45th anniversary. I was also able to transfer the Cheers package I bought when it was 20% off from the March to the May cruise. 

I am very happy with the way this all worked out. I used the kid’s refund to book a lake house in the High Sierras for the whole family next summer, something everyone is comfortable with and looking forward to. I am super excited about our anniversary cruise, I have a Havana Vista Wrap booked which should be perfect if there are are any mitigation measures due to the virus and worst case, we get quarantined onboard which I highly doubt would happen. So if the ship sails we will be on board and I give us a 90% chance of success and have the data to back it up! 😜

If we don’t make it I have the same cabin booked for  November 8, 2021, I will not give up! 

• Like 1

On 8/6/2020 at 2:07 PM, Oulton Jim said:

I think the last poster got me typing away...... so much talk in here about 'not even thinking of booking until 2022....' and here am I coming up to 75 in April 2021 and [thank God] as fit as a butcher's dog right now, but how fit am I going to be in 2022. 

My DH and I have the same thoughts. I shared with him your comment about the 'butcher's dog'.😊

6 minutes ago, beshears said:

Yes I know other ships go to St. Lucia, but I would "prefer" doing Carnival when going to St. Lucia, if possible. 

Love going there on a ship with big red funnel.  St Lucia, the jewel of the Caribbean.

Yes, I have been to  St. Lucia twice, and fell in LOVE with that port/people.  I now would like for my 3 sons/3 d-i-l's to see WHY I like St. Lucia so much! Now that the Fascination is gone, I'll have to wait and see if Carnival comes up with another ship going that way, before I check into another cruise line. I'll tell you a funny, I am over 70, but "I" did the "mud bath" in St. Lucia.  I never seen so many people that seen me do it, and not knowing me, telling me how proud they were that I took the plunge at my age, as the expression goes!

• Like 2