My son (3) is not a person according to MSC

RealNorwegianCruiser

This current offer from MSC seems kinda good:

"

VOYAGES SELECTION DEPARTURES
5%+5% OFF PLUS AN ONBOARD CREDIT UP TO €/$100 PER PERSON
AND DOUBLE POINTS FOR MEMBERS-ONLY!
All departures* are now available as Voyages Selection departures, with an extra 5% discount combinable with your always-available 5% Club discount.

Book a Balcony, Suite, or the MSC Yacht Club to get up to €/$100 onboard credit per person or choose an Inside or Outside cabin to receive a up to €/$ 50 onboard credit**, to spend as you wish during the cruise. This offer is valid on all cruises and promotions until August 20th.

Prices shown below are not discounted yet: add your MSC Voyagers Club card number at the first step of the online booking process to apply the discount

Members who book a Voyages Selection departure will be credited double membership points for the type of Experience chosen. Points will be assigned at the end of the cruise.

**The onboard credit will be uploaded automatically to your reservation 24h after confirmation"

We did two bookings, and now get the message that my son dont get 100E since he is a child. 

Can you see the disclaimer in this text?

So, my son is not a person?

2 minutes ago, puppycanducruise said:

It says "up to".   It doesn't say everyone gets 100E.  Their way, I guess, of not giving it to a child.

And on the booking confirmation my wife and i get 100E each, and a big fat 0 to my son. 

But hey, if they want to play that game they will lose two bookings.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, RealNorwegianCruiser said:

And on the booking confirmation my wife and i get 100E each, and a big fat 0 to my son. 

Your choice.  

Will you let them know why you cancelled the booking?  Do you think if enough people complained, that they would change their marketing scheme?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RealNorwegianCruiser said:

(And yeah, my son is member of MSC Voyager Club - Black/Diamond)

Not completely sure about what I am going to post, but sometimes children below a certain age do not qualify for certain "benefits" offered for other guests, if I recall correctly.  I am basing my "memory" on HAL's Mariner Society and Princess's Captain's Circle. 

Given that your son is a Black/Diamond Member of the Voyager's Club, it does seem unfair.

Maybe an example of a marketing plan that was not well thought through? 

I booked a YC inside under the new Voyagers 5+5% promo and they only gave me $50pp OBC.  So I guess the "up to" is there for a reason.  It kind of stinks because it was more expensive than a balcony cabin that seems to get $100pp OBC.

4 minutes ago, Two Wheels Only said:

It's in the terms & conditions...

"Shipboard credit does not apply to MSC Voyagers Club members under 18 years old. "

Neither of my kids received OBC as they aren't 18 even if they combine their ages.

Thanks for posting this!  This is what I recalled when I posted just before you about what I recall from the Captain's Circle and Mariner Society.   

32 minutes ago, rkacruiser said:

Not completely sure about what I am going to post, but sometimes children below a certain age do not qualify for certain "benefits" offered for other guests, if I recall correctly.  I am basing my "memory" on HAL's Mariner Society and Princess's Captain's Circle. 

Given that your son is a Black/Diamond Member of the Voyager's Club, it does seem unfair.

Maybe an example of a marketing plan that was not well thought through? 

Its first time in my life I hear about kids getting any benefits from cruise companies. Usually it all comes down to a some entertainment on board for both the parents and the kids itself.. The kid is a burden for the ship, cause the  personnel have to provide you with special children's seat + additional bed in the cabin, special menu and etc.. 

4 hours ago, RealNorwegianCruiser said:

(And yeah, my son is member of MSC Voyager Club - Black/Diamond)

How ? Even your wife would not be at the same level as you if you paid the final bill on every cruise because you would have more points and move levels before her!

3 hours ago, Até said:

I booked a YC inside under the new Voyagers 5+5% promo and they only gave me $50pp OBC.  So I guess the "up to" is there for a reason.  It kind of stinks because it was more expensive than a balcony cabin that seems to get $100pp OBC.

Yes I can confirm that. I booked a YIN on Seaside Marseille-Genova-Marseille (2 nights) 3 days ago and also received only 50 € OBC.

In this case, booking the significantly cheaper outside cabin would have been the "better deal" for me...

17 hours ago, RealNorwegianCruiser said:

*TERMS & CONDITIONS

On-board credit is not available for MSC Voyagers Club members under the age of 18.

BTW, how much did you pay for your 3 Year old son RealNorwegianCruiser?

Stay safe

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, quattrohead said:

It is standard for 3/4th pax per cabin to be a discounted price and MSC often let kids sail for free.

I am all for a good deal and bargain but some people have lofty expectations...to say the least.

That was my thought, too. I often see deals where the 3rd and 4th passenger in the same cabin sail for free, so I wouldn't expect perks for them. But OTOH if the OP paid full fare for his son, I can see why there'd be an expectation of benefits accruing.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, cvg42 said:

*TERMS & CONDITIONS

On-board credit is not available for MSC Voyagers Club members under the age of 18.

BTW, how much did you pay for your 3 Year old son RealNorwegianCruiser?

Stay safe

U see, they forgot that part on the Norwegian&Swedish home page...

56 minutes ago, RealNorwegianCruiser said:

U see, they forgot that part on the Norwegian&Swedish home page...

Swedish: 

www.msccruises.se/min-bokning/msc-voyagers-club/rabatt-5-plus-5

Villkor

Ombordkredit är inte tillgängligt för MSC Voyagers Club-medlemmar under 18 år. 

😉

• Like 1

Norway:

www.msccruises.no/min-cruise/msc-voyagers-club/msc-club-pax-type-55

Vilkår og betingelser

Ombordkreditt er ikke tilgjengelig for MSC Voyagers Club-medlemmer under 18 år.

😉

• Like 2

3 hours ago, cvg42 said:

But still: feel free to cancel your booking because your son who travels for free didn't get 100€ OBC to buy himself a nice bottle of Veuve Cliquot.

Of course my son is travelling for free. He is 3. I am paying for him.. 

But yeah, if MSC dont want to stand by their promises - well - then they lose 2 booking. Bigger loss for them than us. 

21 hours ago, sidari said:

How ? Even your wife would not be at the same level as you if you paid the final bill on every cruise because you would have more points and move levels before her!

Status match.

Wife, son and I got black after status matched with our membership in another loyalty programme. That match won us over for a while. Been to 2, and had two upcoming bookings. Those are now cancelled. 

8 hours ago, Two Wheels Only said:

Is it MSC not standing by their promise or is it you not reading the Terms and Conditions?

They had not published the T&C when I did the bookings. After SEVERAL phone calls to the customer service, if got a email this week that this offer was for adults only. When even their customer service couldnt update me on the T&C, then its kinda difficult for me as a client to know whats their T&C was.. 

I made these bookings on May 27th.. First this week I got the message that this was for adults only.