Would you wear masks survey

janewe

8 minutes ago, ECCruise said:

i like Chef Jose Andres new approach to greeting someone.

Make a fist and tap your own chest above your heart.  No touching at all but heartfelt.  

Or you can do an “elbow bump”. 😁

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, C-Dragons said:

Or you can do an “elbow bump”. 😁

Except you are still touching.  And in close proximity.  And people sneeze in that area.  It was the preferred greeting at the beginning but many no longer recommending.

Just want to get this back to "normal" ASAP but don't think hand shaking will be part of it.

2 hours ago, Cruise Raider said:

I think there will be many good changes since the pandemic, encouraging no hand shaking, hugging, etc.  Some people can't seem to abide by basic hygiene and common sense measures (stay in your cabin if you are sick, touch food in the buffet or from the bread basket in the MDR and put it back ... I've even seen people taste it and put it back, etc).   So, I like the idea of the staff serving us at the buffets, at the PES event, etc.  

There will be things I will miss, of course, too.  But, give me my balcony and I think I will be just fine.  

Well said.   I guess in the years to come my grandkids will have no idea what I mean by the "5-second rule".  😄

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I always wear a mask in public but I would not cruise if I had to wear one.  The biggest issue is that my husband and I enjoy eating in the MDR with "strangers". It is a big part of our cruising journey.  I assume with out a vaccine, this wouldn't be possible so I plan to cancel my two cruises next year if things aren't at that level yet.

M

2 minutes ago, mimbecky said:

I always wear a mask in public but I would not cruise if I had to wear one.  The biggest issue is that my husband and I enjoy eating in the MDR with "strangers". It is a big part of our cruising journey.  I assume with out a vaccine, this wouldn't be possible so I plan to cancel my two cruises next year if things aren't at that level yet.

M

You would cancel even if effective and rapid testing were in place, and practiced regularly - upon boarding, maybe periodically through the cruise, etc..?

1 minute ago, phoenix_dream said:

You would cancel even if effective and rapid testing were in place, and practiced regularly - upon boarding, maybe periodically through the cruise, etc..?

If we could share a table of 6-8 with other people (non family) I would possibly be ok with that.  If I am paying for a vacation, I want to enjoy what I enjoy and not need to avoid others 🙂

M

Does Celebrity require passengers wear masks on upcoming sailings in Jan/Feb?

We respect people with conditions that are at risk, but we will not sail with a rule that passengers must wear masks.

We are interested to book new cruises and want to know what the current policy is for Celebrity and mask requirements.

Thanks

3 hours ago, bama4cruisin said:

Coffee in the morning, Glass(Es) of wine in the afternoon and enening😊😊

And perhaps a Bailey's on ice late in the evening, when the moon is out and the only sound is the rippling of the ocean as we move along to the next port.....ah heavenly.....😊

On 9/4/2020 at 8:08 PM, phoenix_dream said:

Absolutely-- I don't want to be bothered with testing every day or two ---  I can " picture " long lines, pushing and shoving, verbal conflicts, and some idiots not conforming to the policies.

Also, the overall cruise experience ( social distancing,  buffet , elevators , passengers acting as mini police , being served in Specialty restaurants by someone wearing a mask , ) doesn't seem like fun , and , to spend $1000's for that isn't worth it--- to us.

We will wait to hear from folks that cruise before booking again.

26 minutes ago, Pinboy said:

Absolutely-- I don't want to be bothered with testing every day or two ---  I can " picture " long lines, pushing and shoving, verbal conflicts, and some idiots not conforming to the policies.

Also, the overall cruise experience ( social distancing,  buffet , elevators , passengers acting as mini police , being served in Specialty restaurants by someone wearing a mask , ) doesn't seem like fun , and , to spend $1000's for that isn't worth it--- to us.

We will wait to hear from folks that cruise before booking again.

I agree and wearing a mask would definitely affect the level of enjoyment.  Wouldn’t seem like a vacation.  Not to mention what testing might be done in the ports.

Edited by true45
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, true45 said:

I agree and wearing a mask would definitely affect the level of enjoyment.  Wouldn’t seem like a vacation.  Not to mention what testing might be done in the ports.

I can understand what you’re saying, but I feel differently.  I have to wear masks everywhere now anyway. Would I rather be wearing one stuck here at home, or on a nice cruise with great food, service, entertainment, etc. ?  I’ll take the latter. It could be several years before they are not required. I’m not getting any younger; no way would I wait that long.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

On 9/4/2020 at 5:08 PM, phoenix_dream said:

We will not cruise until it is safe enough that masks and rapid testing are not needed.  It’s not an issue of not wanting to wear a mask or be tested, but rather that if masks and testing are needed it suggests the virus would be prevalent enough to be a concern.  As much as we love cruising, our health is more important.  There are other ways of travelling that have far less interaction with others and that may be all we will do for some time.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, phoenix_dream said:

I can understand what you’re saying, but I feel differently.  I have to wear masks everywhere now anyway. Would I rather be wearing one stuck here at home, or on a nice cruise with great food, service, entertainment, etc. ?  I’ll take the latter. It could be several years before they are not required. I’m not getting any younger; no way would I wait that long.

I'm with you, wearing a mask would not be an issue for us at all.  I wear one 8-10 hours a day now, so no big deal.  I believe even with a vaccine we will all be wearing masks for a long time and I'm not willing to put on hold the vacations and places we want to see.....as long as we feel safe we will go.  The older we get the less we will be able to do what we want so when the ships sail so will we!!

• Like 3

On 9/6/2020 at 10:39 AM, deliver42 said:

There is no current policy, but I'd best my last dollar masks will be required, at least at the beginning, and for the foreseeable future.

Well, if that is the case, I won’t be booking a cruise. 

I have asthma, so find difficulty breathing with a mask on.

I am continuing to order on line, so that I can avoid going into shops. I’m not going to book a place for our 1st Church service on Sunday next, as there is no way I will sit for an hour with a mask on.

So, until a vaccine is produced, I will not be cruising again, unfortunately.

1 hour ago, cantstopingcruising said:

I, too, would not cruise if I had to wear a mask. We are also up in years but I will wait until everything is fine.

Your life; your choice.  Sadly the truth is that in our lifetime (those of us "up in years" especially) everything may never be fine.   The virus may be with us for the rest of our lives.  That is a real possibility.  I am a careful person as respects this virus, but once there is a reasonably effective vaccine and reasonably effective treatments, I will be on a ship, mask or no mask.   I won't take crazy risks, but I am willing to endure a certain amount of risk to be able to live my life to the fullest.  I've already lost one younger brother, and two others (also younger) have had quadruple by-pass and a serious stroke respectively.  Who knows how many healthy years I have left (hopefully many!!).  I am not disrespecting people who feel differently,  just looking at it a different way.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, phoenix_dream said:

Your life; your choice.  Sadly the truth is that in our lifetime (those of us "up in years" especially) everything may never be fine.   The virus may be with us for the rest of our lives.  That is a real possibility.  I am a careful person as respects this virus, but once there is a reasonably effective vaccine and reasonably effective treatments, I will be on a ship, mask or no mask.   I won't take crazy risks, but I am willing to endure a certain amount of risk to be able to live my life to the fullest.  I've already lost one younger brother, and two others (also younger) have had quadruple by-pass and a serious stroke respectively.  Who knows how many healthy years I have left (hopefully many!!).  I am not disrespecting people who feel differently,  just looking at it a different way.

Whatever our reasons are, we all have different comfort levels. If there is a successful vaccine and masks are not necessary, we will cruise. If there is a successful vaccine and we feel cruising is not safe enough for us, we will find other forms of travel. Now, we are also concerned about airplanes. So, until we feel it is safe to fly, we won't be going very far! We have done a lot of travelling in our life and we hope to do some more, but if it's not meant to be, we will have to entertain ourselves at home. As long as we stay well, things will work out.