Deployment 2022-23 booking season begins

On 12/4/2020 at 6:40 AM, NancyIL said:

Can you still move a nonrefundable deposit from an existing cruise reservation to a new cruise?

On 12/4/2020 at 6:41 AM, Ourusualbeach said:

Yes

Ken, thanks for answering my initial question over a month ago. At that time, I wasn't ready to give up on our Oct. 2021 cruise with the nonrefundable deposit, so I booked a new cruise for Oct. 2022 with a $500 refundable deposit. The balance due on the new cruise is just over $500.  If we eventually decide not to go on the 2021 cruise, can I apply its $500 nonrefundable deposit towards the balance of the new cruise - noting that the 2022 cruise departs just over 1 year later than the 2021 cruise? Thank you!

Edited by NancyIL

5 minutes ago, NancyIL said:

Ken, thanks for answering my initial question over a month ago. At that time, I wasn't ready to give up on our Oct. 2021 cruise with the nonrefundable deposit, so I booked a new cruise for Oct. 2022 with a $500 refundable deposit. The balance due on the new cruise is just over $500.  If we eventually decide not to go on the 2021 cruise, can I apply its $500 nonrefundable deposit towards the balance of the new cruise - noting that the 2022 cruise departs just over 1 year later than the 2021 cruise?

I think a lot will depend on what the policy is on FCC’s at the time that you cancel.  If the existing policy of FCC’s being valid until April 2022 or 12 months from the date of cancellation were still in place then they may not move the money as you would really just be skirting the FCC rules.  If the FCC policy has extended the use by date then even if they won’t move the money you could cancel and use the FCC towards the 2022 cruise.

My feeling is that April 2022 date will need to be adjusted if any cancellations go beyond April of this year which at this point seems a certainty.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

22 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

I think a lot will depend on what the policy is on FCC’s at the time that you cancel.  If the existing policy of FCC’s being valid until April 2022 or 12 months from the date of cancellation were still in place then they may not move the money as you would really just be skirting the FCC rules.  If the FCC policy has extended the use by date then even if they won’t move the money you could cancel and use the FCC towards the 2022 cruise.

My feeling is that April 2022 date will need to be adjusted if any cancellations go beyond April of this year which at this point seems a certainty.  

Thanks, Ken. I hope we'll have a lot more clarity about the viability of 2021 cruises by spring.

On 12/4/2020 at 6:00 PM, andreasfcb said:

Any idea what's up with Jewel on July 2? There is a gap on the website and in the PDF of 12 days. I'm curious to find out whether there will be another Iceland cruise. As of now, there are 3 British Isles, 2 Arctic Cycles and 1 Iceland cruises.

Due to an error on Royal Caribbean’s system, the cruise on July 2 is not listed but bookable by phone! I got the second cabin on the ship and we are excited to join this cruise.

As I hoped and suggested, it is an Amsterdam-Iceland cruise. We are really lucky because we wanted to do an Iceland cruise for such a long time and we can only leave town next year in July.

8 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

May 7 is the date that I hope we have a clearer picture by.😉

Interesting you should choose that date, we are in the top 4 UK groups for vaccination which are hoped to be done by mid February, taking the 14th as the mid point and 2nd shot being within the stated (UK) 12 weeks later, I am reckoning on May 8th as being the very earliest we'll be able to sail, and I'm doubtful of even that date simply because the vast majority of people still won't have had both jabs by then.

4 hours ago, harz99 said:

Interesting you should choose that date, we are in the top 4 UK groups for vaccination which are hoped to be done by mid February, taking the 14th as the mid point and 2nd shot being within the stated (UK) 12 weeks later, I am reckoning on May 8th as being the very earliest we'll be able to sail, and I'm doubtful of even that date simply because the vast majority of people still won't have had both jabs by then.

Pure co-incidence.  May 7 is the final payment date for the Baltic cruise that I am on along with a few other CD posters including NancyIL

On 1/6/2021 at 3:57 AM, crzndeb said:

All I’m waiting for, is to see what the Voyager is going to do from Singapore to Copenhagen, and then after it’s Europe run.

I am keen on finding this out too - does anyone have any ideas/info about this?

Last cruise return Singapore ends 28 March 22, first cruise from Copenhagen is 24 April 22.

Perhaps 2 legs like Mariner 2018 (Singapore-Dubai, Dubai-Copenhagen?)

1 hour ago, Missusdubbya said:

I am keen on finding this out too - does anyone have any ideas/info about this?

Last cruise return Singapore ends 28 March 22, first cruise from Copenhagen is 24 April 22.

Perhaps 2 legs like Mariner 2018 (Singapore-Dubai, Dubai-Copenhagen?)

I would have thought 3 cruises.

Singapore to Dubai

Dubai to Barcelona 

Barcelona to Copenhagen 

I was looking at this gap in Voyager cruises earlier and was thinking do they have enough time to do this voyage.

14 minutes ago, springaussie said:

Singapore to Dubai

Dubai to Barcelona 

Barcelona to Copenhagen 

I was looking at this gap in Voyager cruises earlier and was thinking do they have enough time to do this voyage.

3 legs would be AMAZING!

9 hours ago, springaussie said:

Singapore to Dubai

Dubai to Barcelona 

Barcelona to Copenhagen 

Barcelona - Copenhagen is allready on the plan - as you can see in the top of the picture.

This is from the deployment plan on their travel agent web. 

Cant wait to see the rest of it. 

Skjermbilde 2021-01-13 kl. 17.22.49.png

• Like 1

Question for those of you that follow future sailings - Is there any word on Canada/New England for 2022? 

I'm retiring and planning some extended cruising fall of 2022.  Celebrity has their itineraries out, but I'm really looking for Royal and hoping they deploy their itineraries soon.

1 hour ago, cruise wizard said:

Is Fort Lauderdale being phased out of Royal Caribbean's plans for 2022 - 23??? I see Miami and Port Canaveral but Port Everglades seems to be missing.

Thanks................

Royal hasn't released all sailings for 2022-2023 yet. Most yrs takes til March get all done, this yr with CV stoppage who knows...

4 hours ago, astangenes said:

Barcelona - Copenhagen is allready on the plan - as you can see in the top of the picture.

Excellent, thank you!

44 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

I’m pretty interested in Singapore to Barcelona but do you think they will have passages. It’s only a bit over a year away.

I really hope so, I would definitely book if it is a revenue cruise and we are allowed out of Australia.......

1 hour ago, cruise wizard said:

Is Fort Lauderdale being phased out of Royal Caribbean's plans for 2022 - 23??? I see Miami and Port Canaveral but Port Everglades seems to be missing.

Thanks................

I was wondering the same thing! Port Canaveral is our first choice, but much prefer Port Everglades over Miami. 

1 hour ago, lr657 said:

I was wondering the same thing! Port Canaveral is our first choice, but much prefer Port Everglades over Miami. 

We are lucky to be able to drive to the Florida ports...................are choices are #1 Port Canaveral..........then #2 Fort Lauderdale.......then #3 Tampa and last is Miami. The drive is horrible, hotels and parking are expensive in Miami. I hope that Ft. Lauderdale will be viable - love the new terminal.

• Like 1

Hi, possibly a stupid question but have all Europe summer 22 cruises been released or is there a possibility of a second phase of releases, like previous years? I’m not looking for anything in particular but don’t want to book anything yet if everything isn’t released. Obviously at the moment anything could change anyway!

6 hours ago, astangenes said:

In 2012 the Voyager trip Barcelona to Singapore was 26 nights in 2 cruises via Dubai. 

At the moment the gap is only 18 nights 28 March to 15 April 2022.

If none of the prior Singapore cruises get cancelled Voyager appears to be not going via Dubai or even running with no passengers. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Jack McGowan said:

Hi, possibly a stupid question but have all Europe summer 22 cruises been released or is there a possibility of a second phase of releases, like previous years? I’m not looking for anything in particular but don’t want to book anything yet if everything isn’t released. Obviously at the moment anything could change anyway!

If you see something book it as refundable in case something better comes along.. although with 7 ships already scheduled I think that will be everything.