Deployment 2022-23 booking season begins

On 1/5/2021 at 12:20 PM, island lady said:

LOL....for some reason I will just be happy with wherever it goes after we board in Barcelona to come back to the states...(or in my case will already be on board).   Miami...Ft. Lauderdale...or in a perfect world...Port Canaveral!!  🤗

Might be Galveston if they finish in time ;o)

15 minutes ago, Teeara said:

Yeah, I could go with that.  If it isn't PC, will still have to fly back home anyway, even if it follows what we originally had booked, which would have been flying home from Miami for me.  😉 

23 minutes ago, Teeara said:

What are the chances of starting terminal 3 april 1st? Most think if they didnt have the money a year ago they might not come april.

What can Galveston do except give another extension 

2 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

What are the chances of starting terminal 3 april 1st? Most think if they didnt have the money a year ago they might not come april.

She is talking about the return (west bound TA) from Barcelona November 2022 that we are both waiting to book.  

We don't know where that one will end up yet, not available to book yet.  

Edited by island lady
2 hours ago, firefly333 said:

I have a Google news alert set up for Allure.  This came yesterday:

https://www.cruiseindustrynews.com/cruise-news/24176-galveston-we-are-ready-for-cruise-ships.html

This was also on the alert for yesterday:

https://www.cruisehive.com/royal-caribbean-cancels-cruises-set-to-restart-in-may-2021/45686

Edited by Teeara
12 minutes ago, Teeara said:

Yes the article Galveston is ready to restart is posted in carnival yesterday, nothing said rcl will start working on terminal 3 that I see. ?

That's why all the ship jockeying in Galveston...rcl did not start on terminal 3 in 2020 and asked for 1 year delay until april 1, 2021. Right now disney carnival and rcl share 2 terminals not big enough for oasis class. Not sure what your alerts mean regarding terminal 3. 

Until rcl starts on terminal 3 most are like we will believe it when we see it. 

"With Royal Caribbean building a new terminal, Rees said that plans called for construction to start last April, but that it has been pushed back to April of this year.

Slated to be completed by the fourth quarter of 2022 to coincide with the arrival of the Allure of the Seas, that means that Royal Caribbean will vacate Terminal 2, which in turn means space for potentially other cruise lines to sail from the port. Rees said that two other lines had made inquiries."

@firefly333

47 minutes ago, Coralc said:

"With Royal Caribbean building a new terminal, Rees said that plans called for construction to start last April, but that it has been pushed back to April of this year.

Slated to be completed by the fourth quarter of 2022 to coincide with the arrival of the Allure of the Seas, that means that Royal Caribbean will vacate Terminal 2, which in turn means space for potentially other cruise lines to sail from the port. Rees said that two other lines had made inquiries."

@firefly333

Again if they didnt have the cash last april, people besides me dubious they will have it this april. Maybe I've just been influenced by the many changes rcl has done, like changing us from allure in 2022 to liberty with no obc . ...but put me with those who wonder if the april 1, 2021 start date is set in concrete. I had 8 liberty bookings, 7 now with april 2021 cancelled. Believe me this is a big subject on my liberty ships out of Galveston...I'm not the only doubters, but keep the faith. If you believe the start date wouldnt be pushed back again, good for you. My roll calls seem to disbelieve. 

I'd love allure or another ship. That's why I eagerly booked it.