Deployment 2022-23 booking season begins

21 hours ago, little britain said:

You know you want to join us on Odyssey...!!

Sorry. Looks like it's too dull (Don't see how). Passengers excluded of course.

It's almost full, so an Aft against a broom cupboard, Adventure wins. That's 2 Ta's on Anthem cancelled, so I still haven't been on a Q Class. 

Just booked Adventure from Southampton to Miami on 14th October as a back up in case Empress is cancelled.

2 hours ago, bigeck said:

Sorry. Looks like it's too dull (Don't see how). Passengers excluded of course.

It's almost full, so an Aft against a broom cupboard, Adventure wins. That's 2 Ta's on Anthem cancelled, so I still haven't been on a Q Class. 

Just booked Adventure from Southampton to Miami on 14th October as a back up in case Empress is cancelled.

I booked Anthem for May and Odyssey for June to get my Quantum class fix in (just so I can see how dull they really are....!), in addition to the OY TA.

Edited by little britain
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, little britain said:

I booked Anthem for May and Odyssey for June to get my Quantum class fix in (just so I can see how dull they really are....!), in addition to the OY TA.

We loved Q class. Took Quantum from Bayonne to Shanghai in 2015. 53 days and never tired of it. Although, they had Dynamic Dining then, which we really liked because of the variety. I think I'd get tired of the same meals recycled.

• Like 1

My 2020 cruise calendar as booked was nearly all Quantum class.  With only the Allure TA in March, every other 2020 cruise was booked on one of three Quantum class ships.  It was going to be a Quantum year for me.  As it turned out only 66% of my 2020 cruises were on Quantum class.  

Two out of three ain't bad.

Edited by twangster

57 minutes ago, RoamingRetirees said:

We loved Q class. Took Quantum from Bayonne to Shanghai in 2015. 53 days and never tired of it. Although, they had Dynamic Dining then, which we really liked because of the variety. I think I'd get tired of the same meals recycled.

I was on Quantum maiden to NY.  Loved DD too! 

On 9/7/2020 at 1:19 PM, twangster said:

I concur.  Odyssey in Europe?  No way.  Send her straight to America. 🙂 

We have not yet had the opportunity to sail on a Quantum (plus) class ship and we will gladly take her over here on this side of the pond.  We have it booked for March 2022 in her first season in the Caribbean.  We have been fortunate enough to sail multiple times on Oasis, Freedom, and Navigator classes, so we look forward to trying a new class of ship.

8 hours ago, twangster said:

My 2020 cruise calendar as booked was nearly all Quantum class.  With only the Allure TA in March, every other 2020 cruise was booked on one of three Quantum class ships.  It was going to be a Quantum year for me.  As it turned out only 66% of my 2020 cruises were on Quantum class.  

Two out of three ain't bad.

I am from Asia and it is easier for us to have a cruise on the Quantum Class vessels. I have sailed on all 4 ships, including QN/OV/SC in Asia, plus AN in Southampton in her maiden season.

Europeans and Americans may find it difficult to book a cruise on Quantum Class. There are only AN in Bayonne and OV in Alaska. QN and SC spend most of the time in their lives in Asia until now.

I haven't tried Oasis Class yet, but I really enjoy the design and facilities on Quantum Class.

9 hours ago, little britain said:

As someone who doesn't love sitting out on the pool deck, I much prefer Quantum class ships. At least there are indoor venues where you can see the sea, regardless of the weather. I can usually be found in Two70!

• Like 6

On 9/9/2020 at 4:48 AM, lighthousemom said:

As someone who doesn't love sitting out on the pool deck, I much prefer Quantum class ships. At least there are indoor venues where you can see the sea, regardless of the weather. I can usually be found in Two70!

Even Odyssey will be like this, only difference is that there is no closed Pool Deck anymore except for Solarium.

3 minutes ago, little britain said:

I can't remember them being this early before.

Some would have guessed the itineraries will be earlier this year to generate more revenue for RCG, while others would have guessed later due to all the uncertainty. 

3 hours ago, little britain said:

I can't remember them being this early before.

Interesting (sadly) there is no Asian itineraries in 22/23.  

The Asian itineraries are not yet released.

You can see that while Journey and Pursuit already have the itineraries up to spring 2023, Quest only has itineraries until fall 2022. The 2022-2023 Asian sailings will be published later.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/16/2020 at 5:31 PM, twangster said:

A new potential port to keep an eye on...

Tokyo now open to world's biggest cruise ships with new terminal

https://www.japantimes.co.jp/news/2020/09/10/national/tokyo-international-cruise-terminal/

The 2 Quantum Japan cruises schduled or next april would depart from there insted of Yokohama. As it looks currently these cruises wil very likely not happen.

For sure a opportunity for X and RCL to switch from Yohohama.

Edited by LXA350

On 9/16/2020 at 11:31 AM, twangster said:

A new potential port to keep an eye on...

Tokyo now open to world's biggest cruise ships with new terminal

https://www.japantimes.co.jp/news/2020/09/10/national/tokyo-international-cruise-terminal/

I guess that gives them some potential for novel overflow housing for the 2021 Olympics😉

18 minutes ago, Kokomo91165 said:

Based on St. Marteen cruise schedule, looks like some ships for Summer 2022 include:

Freedom OTS

Liberty OTS

Symphony OTS

Harmony OTS

Jewel OTS

Winter 2022/Spring 2023 Include:

Enchantment OTS

Grandeur OTS

Freedom OTS

Anthem OTS

Symphony OTS

We're going to St. Maarten on Vision and Jewel in January/February 2022.

Never mind. I see you're talking 2022/2023.

Edited by RoamingRetirees

36 minutes ago, heatherbelle said:

Does anyone have access to med port calendars and can see which ships RCL will have in the Med sailing out of of Barcelona or Athens?

Piraeus (Athens) cruise schedule can be found here.

Odyssey / Vision / Rhapsody are listed in 2022 summer.

http://www.olp.gr/en/cruise-greece/cruise-programme

• Like 1

Bookings have appeared in the Brisbane port calendar from Nov 2022 to April 2023 in the name of Quantum of the Seas.  The season is 23 bookings in total, commencing Nov 1 and concluding on April 12.  The longest cruise is 10 nights.  

This follows the apparent deployment of Quantum to Brisbane in 2021/22, replacing Radiance.  

1 hour ago, geoff2802 said:

Bookings have appeared in the Brisbane port calendar from Nov 2022 to April 2023 in the name of Quantum of the Seas.  The season is 23 bookings in total, commencing Nov 1 and concluding on April 12.  The longest cruise is 10 nights.  

This follows the apparent deployment of Quantum to Brisbane in 2021/22, replacing Radiance.  

Does this exclude Radiance from deploying out of Brisbane in 2022?   More than one ship can go out of Brisbane. 🍷