The Daily for Friday Aug 7, 2020

richwmn

2 hours ago, kazu said:

Thanks.  It was good.  This is the recipe I used in case it is of help - https://www.simplyrecipes.com/recipes/tomato_pie/

Normally I make changes to recipes but for this one (Being new and unknown)  I didn’t do a lot change.  It was quite edible

I like that one but think I will add a bit of bacon per the other one I like at 

ttps://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/15807/tomato-pie-i/

When trying something new I usually combine two or three versions based on our preferences. Have to wait for tomatoes - since moving to FL my DW has decided he doesn't want to garden. So why did he insist on a large lot???

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Good morning all, and thanks to Rich for The Daily news!

The question is - Tomato Pie or Caprese Salad?  Yesterday, a gust of wind knocked over my tomato (think 6ft. bush) and I had three ripe tomatoes, plus about 14 green tomatoes rolling around  the courtyard.  Some of the green ones will ripen, I think.  So I have had to tie up my top-heavy plant and hope it survives.   Plus I had other tomatoes in the house, so I think tonight it will be - I think maybe the tomato pie....  I'll let you know.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, kazu said:

Thanks.  It was good.  This is the recipe I used in case it is of help - https://www.simplyrecipes.com/recipes/tomato_pie/

Normally I make changes to recipes but for this one (Being new and unknown)  I didn’t do a lot change.  It was quite edible 😄 

I printed the recipe. It sounds delicious! Thank you!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, rafinmd said:

Today's care list:

A smooth weaning from pain meds for me.  I have an opiate prescription I hope not to use.  The Doctor advised 3 ibuprofin every 5 hours for the 3 days but I'm going to try 2 this morning.

fatcat's MIL

Sharon's in-laws

Mrs. Vmax

Those in the path of wildfires

The passengers and crew of the Wilderness Adventrure

The people of Beiruit

and Krazy Kruizers

I wonder if we should start a list of celebrations.

Yes!  Please remove my in-law's from the care list and put them on the celebration list.  They are now healthy and Covid free.  Thank you Roy for your daily prayers for everyone on your care list.

• Like 4

Thank you for the daily Rich.

I love lighthouses, especially those you see on a HAL cruise.  Caprese salad is wonderful with really good ingredients.  Not having that tonight though, thinking about making tomato pie that was on yesterday's meal suggestion.  It was too late when I checked in to make it.  My recipe includes a little bit of pesto which makes it taste really good.  I love the bacon idea, so might have add bacon too.

Have a great day everyone!

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, Sharon in AZ said:

Yes!  Please remove my in-law's from the care list and put them on the celebration list.  They are now healthy and Covid free.  Thank you Roy for your daily prayers for everyone on your care list.

Am I correct that one is recovered and the other never was symptomatic?

Roy

• Like 2

4 hours ago, kazu said:

That's the same recipe I used - DH loved it, and asked how soon I'd be making more.  LOL

4 hours ago, kazu said:

Looks scrumptious, Gerry 🙂 

As did yours; mine was a little darker, as the temperature at the rear of the toaster oven is a bit hotter than the front.  Another 5 minutes and it would have burned, so I caught it in time.  Next time I'll adjust accordingly.

Smooth Sailing!   🙂🙂🙂

Gerry

• Like 2

4 hours ago, kazu said:

Normally I make changes to recipes but for this one (Being new and unknown)  I didn’t do a lot change.  It was quite edible 😄 

I printed the recipe. It sounds delicious! Thank you!

• Like 2

Thanks for all the wonderful updates!  Glad the dental procedure was too awful.  Now, the tomato pie looks like something I could truly enjoy!

Our local fire Is now over 13,000 acres and no rain in sight.  Monsoon season never started here.

Have a great day everyone!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, cruzn single said:

Our local fire Is now over 13,000 acres and no rain in sight.  Monsoon season never started here.

Sending prayers and good vibes for safety for all involved.  Fires scare me because they are so unpredictable.  Please stay safe.

Smooth Sailing!  🙂🙂🙂

Gerry

• Like 3

Rich,

Thanks for the daily report.

Appreciate the photos that have been posted, the Tomato Pie looks very good, will print the recipe ready for our summer, the very cold wind we have today makes the thought of summer a long way into the future..

Edited by erewhon
  • Like 2

On 8/7/2020 at 8:33 AM, kazu said:

So would you consider this an entree and serve with a salad or is it more of a side dish?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, TiogaCruiser said:

So would you consider this an entree and serve with a salad or is it more of a side dish?

There were just the two of us so it was an entree and there were left overs 😉 

If you had a large family or group, it could certainly be a nice side dish as well.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1