August Cruises

number8

Pgcruises doesn't seem to have much to say about anything this last week. Looking at their web site I don't see anything about the recently cancelled Covid cruise, nothing about the new requirement for a Covid test at boarding, no press releases, and no updates about future cruises.

Have they sent emails to any of their booked customers with updates?

Contrast this to Air Tahiti Nui which sent out this message updating their customers (in French)

https://www.tahiti-infos.com/Apres-le-cas-Covid-Air-Tahiti-Nui-veut-rassurer_a193219.html

Edited by Mercruiser

20 hours ago, wldlndcpt said:

We are cruising on the 22nd. The cruise between ours and the first cruise was cancelled due to low bookings. I spoke to the customer service representative for PG and she was not aware of any additional testing. 

Thank you for the update.   Hope you have a great trip!  We just delayed our cruise until 2021, and in the new documents we just received, there was a link to Tahiti entry requirements, which now includes this statement:

"All guests will be asked to present proof of a negative Covid-19 test (PCR) at embarkation. Test is not to exceed 72 hours before boarding the vessel."

I'm wondering how this will work out to both get a test 72 hrs before flight, and before boarding the Paul Gauguin (in our area, we'd be lucky to get results returned 72 hrs before the flight, especially with a Weds departure)

Good luck & please keep us posted.

Edited by Retired2016Cruiser

If this becomes the normal for Tahiti cruises, both for Paul Gaugin and Wind Spirit, that's going to be a deal killer. For my planned Jan. 14 Windstar cruise I plan to stay in Papeete for 2 nights before the cruise. 72 hours before boarding the ship would have me in the air on the UA flight from SFO-PPT and would be impossible. Unless Tahiti sets up someplace in Papeete for cruise pax to get tested and get results right away, this cruise will be a no go for me.

10 hours ago, susiesan said:

If this becomes the normal for Tahiti cruises, both for Paul Gaugin and Wind Spirit, that's going to be a deal killer. For my planned Jan. 14 Windstar cruise I plan to stay in Papeete for 2 nights before the cruise. 72 hours before boarding the ship would have me in the air on the UA flight from SFO-PPT and would be impossible. Unless Tahiti sets up someplace in Papeete for cruise pax to get tested and get results right away, this cruise will be a no go for me.

I re-read the french polynesia entry requirements link I received and saw that it specifically mentions the Paul Gauguin for the 72 hr test before embarkation.  And, I just got an e-mail update from Tahiti tourism, and while they are instituting some additional measures in Tahiti from 8/12-8/25 no mention was made of needing the test 72 hrs before embarkation....just 72 hrs before International flight.  So, perhaps the issues is related just to Paul Gauguin. 

On 8/10/2020 at 11:18 AM, wldlndcpt said:

We are cruising on the 22nd. The cruise between ours and the first cruise was cancelled due to low bookings. I spoke to the customer service representative for PG and she was not aware of any additional testing. 

It would be so wonderful if you could blog your cruise for us or at least report back about how it went after. We have so much hope for a

successful resumption of cruises! 

Happy, healthy sailing to you!

7 hours ago, wldlndcpt said:

So unfortunately shortly after I wrote this our cruise was cancelled. We will be sailing on the same cruise next year at the same time.

Sorry to hear about the cruise cancellation. Where you offered any future credit or a refund? Still trying to decide before our final payment is due in Sept for our October cruise. 

We were offered 120% future cruise credit, a full refund or moving our existing to a future date and keeping our discounted rate. We chose to move our booking and keep our discount. We had already paid for the cruise because they cancelled so late. 

6 hours ago, number8 said:

Sorry to hear about the cruise cancellation. Where you offered any future credit or a refund? Still trying to decide before our final payment is due in Sept for our October cruise. 

Yes, so sorry to hear about the cruise cancellation. I called Paul Gauguin last week & was told the Aug cruises were still on, so I guess that changed. We were also booked on an Oct cruise & ended up moving the cruise to June just before the penalty period for refund changed from $100 to full deposit. It’s helpful to know what Paul gauguin offers in the event of cancellation. Tough decision!

3 hours ago, wldlndcpt said:

We were offered 120% future cruise credit, a full refund or moving our existing to a future date and keeping our discounted rate. We chose to move our booking and keep our discount. We had already paid for the cruise because they cancelled so late. 

Thank you for the info! So sorry the cruise was cancelled. 

When is the next scheduled PG cruise? I ask because Windstar seems to be going ahead with their first sailing on Oct. 22. The Wind Spirit is enroute to Papeete now, scheduled to arrive Aug. 26. I wouldn't think Windstar would be sending their ship to FP if it wasn't going ahead with cruising resuming in October although it seems a bit early to be docked there for almost 2 months before cruising.

Edited by susiesan

4 hours ago, susiesan said:

When is the next scheduled PG cruise? I ask because Windstar seems to be going ahead with their first sailing on Oct. 22. The Wind Spirit is enroute to Papeete now, scheduled to arrive Aug. 26. I wouldn't think Windstar would be sending their ship to FP if it wasn't going ahead with cruising resuming in October although it seems a bit early to be docked there for almost 2 months before cruising.

PG sails August 29th for a 14 day Society/Marquesas cruise.

On 8/17/2020 at 2:07 AM, Iguanabrain said:

We are booked on the October 3rd sailing. Any idea if it will go???

We are also booked on October 3rd sailing and Hope it goes. We are coming from U.K. 

Our flights to USA were cancelled and we got a refund so now flying direct from Paris to Papeete with Air Tahiti Nui and spending a week in Hilton Moorea pre cruise.

4 hours ago, ScotsLady said:

We are also booked on October 3rd sailing and Hope it goes. We are coming from U.K. 

Our flights to USA were cancelled and we got a refund so now flying direct from Paris to Papeete with Air Tahiti Nui and spending a week in Hilton Moorea pre cruise.

We are there at the same time, but for this trip booked land only. Just getting a bit nervous now about getting the Covid-19 tests in time and the domestic inter-island flights...

On 8/19/2020 at 7:44 PM, ScotsLady said:

Hi, can I message you? We are also on this cruise & from the UK. Would be good to share experiences & information if we can