NCL escape Feb 20th cruise

bobsfamily

You have a private restaurant for breakfast, lunch and dinner (breakfast and lunch menus would be similar to the Sun; dinner menu does not change).  Private courtyard. Private sundeck. Similar butler service. A private Haven lounge and bar. A concierge staff of 3 to serve you. Reserved seating in the theater.

The link below is to a live post from our last Escape cruise in the Haven. Some photos, menus, etc. 

It's amazing, they treat you like gold, they appreciate that you spent what you did to be there, the haven area (pool/bar/restaurant) is so nice and so spacious without a ton people crowding it.  Just take it all in, and look up the how to do the haven post in here, well worth it.  Make sure you tip them all well, since they are amazing.  (And I recommend haven spa rooms, the spa is the ultimate cherry on top)

17 minutes ago, complawyer said:

there is a big big problem when you book and cruise in a haven suite.  you wont ever settle for anything less!!!

enjoy, it's like being on top of the world.

100% agreed. After having 2 cruises cancelled this year (most recent was our October cruise on the Encore in the Haven), our next cruise (for now) is in the springtime in the Haven on the Joy. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, oteixeira said:

And I recommend haven spa rooms, the spa is the ultimate cherry on top)

We have a spa cabin that is supposed to have Whirlpool in the cabin with a view of the balcony?

Is this true, it sounds great! Or creepy, not sure...😀

• Like 1

4 hours ago, bobsfamily said:

We have a spa cabin that is supposed to have Whirlpool in the cabin with a view of the balcony?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r2VxCRxgs7Q

This will give you an idea of what your cabin will look like. Not creepy at all. You will be located one deck below the actual Haven area, close to the spa (passes included with your cabin). Enjoy! Escape has one of the nicest Havens in the fleet.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, bobsfamily said:

It is true, its not creepy if it is just you and your SO, and no one can see in, even on port days, and you get an amazing view from the tub.

10 hours ago, oteixeira said:

It is true, its not creepy if it is just you and your SO, and no one can see in, even on port days, and you get an amazing view from the tub.

Thanks to both of you about the tub... I was sure it was fine but I just thought about those heart shaped "hot tubs" in the Poconos many years ago.  Relieved to know you can see out but no one can see in. Thanks also for the video!

• Like 1

On 8/8/2020 at 4:55 AM, complawyer said:

there is a big big problem when you book and cruise in a haven suite.  you wont ever settle for anything less!!!

enjoy, it's like being on top of the world.

Not really 

On HAL it the normal service. Haven is great but other top end lines aim at that as the norm and a lot lot cheaper. MSC yacht club is half the rice and just as good. I would say that NCL concierges though are generally better. In fact they are as good as most 5* London ones especially the amazing David Contreras and Adrian Bica. Also former concierge Ruth Hagger was also a first class concierge 

That said Seabourn is cheaper than Haven and no extras. It boils don to what you want to spend your money on. I no longer want with the kids grown up the mega ships but others will. But NCL I will always return to out of season now - yippee  no mad prices any longer!

Edited by bmwman
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, bmwman said:

Not really 

On HAL it the normal service. Haven is great but other top end lines aim at that as the norm and a lot lot cheaper. MSC yacht club is half the rice and just as good. I would say that NCL concierges though are generally better. In fact they are as good as most 5* London ones especially the amazing David Contreras and Adrian Bica. Also former concierge Ruth Hagger was also a first class concierge 

That said Seabourn is cheaper than Haven and no extras. It boils don to what you want to spend your money on. I no longer want with the kids grown up the mega ships but others will. But NCL I will always return to out of season now - yippee  no mad prices any longer!

Totally agree that it is similar service and depends on your wants and likes.  I stick with NCL because those small lines tend to want you to dress up more, they have far less eating option, entertainment options, etc.  They are smaller ships so of course this makes sense.

at this point, you shoudnt worry about what to expect in a haven category suite ( im sure they will meet or exceed any expectations you might have) just keep your fingers crossed that your ship actually sails in february and isnt cancelled.

we're booked on the spirit in march and im really holding my breath

7 hours ago, oteixeira said:

Totally agree that it is similar service and depends on your wants and likes.  I stick with NCL because those small lines tend to want you to dress up more, they have far less eating option, entertainment options, etc.  They are smaller ships so of course this makes sense.

Ah the dressing up is an issue!! Agreed for us I have to wear a tux at least twice a month so pleased not to. Now for that NCL wins hands down 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, complawyer said:

at this point, you shoudnt worry about what to expect in a haven category suite ( im sure they will meet or exceed any expectations you might have) just keep your fingers crossed that your ship actually sails in february and isnt cancelled.

we're booked on the spirit in march and im really holding my breath

I am concerned but hopefully optimistic!

As Nov 22 approaches (final payment) I will be watching carefully...

We had a suite on the Sun last year and it hooked us, now going to try the Haven.

Edited by bobsfamily

• 3 weeks later...

I notice that the Escape has a Supper Club with entertainment instead of Cirque.  Anyone have any commentary regarding the Supper Club and what kind of entertainment experienced?  Cirque was perfect for the kids; curious as to what to expect or not....

19 minutes ago, jemz1949 said:

I notice that the Escape has a Supper Club with entertainment instead of Cirque.  Anyone have any commentary regarding the Supper Club and what kind of entertainment experienced?  Cirque was perfect for the kids; curious as to what to expect or not....

I can't comment because I could not see spending money on a show with Main Dining Room food when the other shows are free (the shows in the main theater) and the food is not one of the upscale choices.  Thought about it but decided against it for those reasons.

i never presume to tell anyone how to spend their money, and i admit i have never been on the escape although i've taken almost 20 ncl cruises on a number of different ships. that being said, however, there are only a certain number of shows in the theater, and you might get slightly bored eating at the main dining room every night.

i would say for the supper club and the entertainment the offer, "GO FOR IT" especially if you have the dining package and you can use one of the  dinners.  i have never been disappointed at any of the extra shows on either the getaway or the epic. if i were going on the escape i would want to experience the supper club as well.

just saying