Lotus Spa, Thermal Suite

rickcherryb

We are booked for the Feb 27, 2021 Enchanted Princess. We have searched and cannot find if the thermal spa can be booked for just 1 day.  The website has a single person or couples price for all 7 days. Does anyone know if it is possible to purchase just a 1 day couples  thermal suite and the approximate cost?  Thanks 

I believe the 'Enchanted' is a royal class ship which means the 'thermal spa' is more commonly known as the 'enclave' . If you have been on smaller Princess class ships, the enclave on royal class is a larger area with a few different amenities than her smaller sisters such as Grand class.  You can see enclave pictures on the Princess website or google.

i saw a post from March 2018 from someone who posted  they were able to get a day pass on the Regal for $39/ person. 

I believe the offerning of day passes depends on the ship/itinerary/availability. My experience has been only full cruise passes were generally offered with sometimes a couple discount. 

A check with the spa manager would let you know if they were willing to offer a day pass on your sailing.

My experience on the Royal is that the thermal suite has the hot tile beds. I have not paid for it since it's included in a full suite as an amenity. I did see people buy a day pass but didn't hear the cost.

Edited by cruzsnooze

26 minutes ago, cruzsnooze said:

My experience on the Royal is that the thermal suite has the hot tile beds. I have not paid for it since it's included in a full suite as an amenity. I did see people buy a day pass but didn't hear the cost.

I've been trying to find information on what is a suite perk on a Royal Class ship.  Does it mean that a suite passenger has access to the thermal suite (hot tile beds) but not to the enclave?  What else would you find in the thermal suite area?  I was under the impression that these amenities were excluded from Royal Class ships.  Thanks

The Enclave is the Royal-class name for the Thermal Suite and it is NOT a suite perk on Royal class ships.  So no hot tile loungers.  Also, no free steam rooms or saunas.

There are the loungers, heated water beds, fancy showers, steam rooms with fancy names and a room like a sauna.  Plus the hydrotherapy pool.

Edited by Ferd Berfle

My last cruise was on the Royal Princess and I had the thermal suite and used the hot beds. The first time I went in they gave me a little net pouch with a body scrub too. I did not pay for it so assumed when I went the first time with the full suite on my card ( I don't use a medallion) they put a little sticker. I went in almost every day.

Another suite perk is 2 bottles of water every evening which I hear  if you don't ask you  don't always get. 

Edited by cruzsnooze

We were on the Royal twice last year, in a suite, and the Enclave (AKA Thermal Suite) was not included as a suite perk, we paid extra. Yes they give the little bag of scrub and a pad as part of the package.

Princess FAQ "Stateroom Amenities":

..."while full suites offer all of these premiums plus complimentary laundry, and use of the Lotus Spa® Thermal Suite (on select ships, excluding Discovery Princess℠, Sky Princess®, Enchanted Princess®, Royal Princess®, Regal Princess®, Majestic Princess®, Grand Princess®, Pacific Princess®, Sun Princess® or Sea Princess®)"   

https://www.princess.com/learn/faq_answer/onboard/experience.jsp

Note that all Royal class ships are excluded, as well as ships that don't have a Thermal Suite (and the Golden is gone from the list so this is recent).  Maybe it was gifted to you?

20 hours ago, rickcherryb said:

We are booked for the Feb 27, 2021 Enchanted Princess. We have searched and cannot find if the thermal spa can be booked for just 1 day.  The website has a single person or couples price for all 7 days. Does anyone know if it is possible to purchase just a 1 day couples  thermal suite and the approximate cost?  Thanks 

We have sailed on the Regal and the Sky, with both having the Enclave. It is located on Deck 5 forward, just past Guest Services.  Access is through the Beauty Salon desk, where they will check your sticker and give you a locker key/Enclave fob.

We did not book all 7-days and were fortunate to get a 3-day/$99 pass mid-cruise. Price was per person and we had plenty of OBC.

I'm pretty sure you can get a 1-day pass.  Pick a port day for a less crowded experience. Towels, robes, and slippers are provided in the locker room. The heated tile beds are nice but I enjoyed the "water bed" on the Regal more (wasn't one on the Sky).

http://champagneliving.net/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/Enclave__GP_2014_4X6_06-600x395.jpg

HTH, Steve

On 8/12/2020 at 5:37 PM, suers515 said:

I know the Crown does not have an Enclave (really enjoyed it on the Royal Princess).  Is there a Thermal Suite?  Does anyone know the per day price?  

All the older ships, like the Crown, have a Thermal Suite.  I've bought a pass for the whole cruise (usually a transatlantic) many times, but I don't remember the price and I'm sure it's probably gone up anyway.  Those ships also have a steam room and a sauna in the ladies restroom/changing room and I've used those one of our cruises.  Such a pass for the Enclave is more expensive I believe.  We've been on the Royal twice and I thought it was too expensive.