Cruise Critic Community
Heymarco

Formal Night Mask Attire?

7 hours ago, Ashland said:

As long as their protecting "you" and "other's" around them...Why would it ruin your dining experience? 

It's apparent you're missing the whole purpose of wearing mask's. It's certainly not a fashion accessory.

It's a public health issue....and the disposable ones especially on a cruise would be a lot more sanitary, especially

since they can be easily discarded in your in-cabin trash.

You do and feel what you want of course, but don't assume what people wear when trying to be safe, anyone is really

going to feel this has ruined their dinner. 

The words of Charlie Brown to Violet come to mind.

Posted (edited)

I'm so torn on this.

One thought is to go with basic black; always in good taste.

But then again, I would hate to neglect my military dress kilt.

Screen Shot 2020-08-08 at 9.52.10 AM.png

Screen Shot 2020-08-08 at 9.51.13 AM.png

Edited by John Reid
split infinitive

21 hours ago, Heymarco said:

What will be appropriate mask attire on Royal for formal night? Will it be black only? Any good options for the ladies? I sure hope they don’t let people into the dining room wearing those cheap disposable masks. 

8 hours ago, GarlicBread said:

The ships will be wearing their finest too... 

FB_IMG_1596904525548.jpg

LOL!  

8 hours ago, GarlicBread said:

The ships will be wearing their finest too... 

FB_IMG_1596904525548.jpg

The disposable seems to be good enough for this Anthem class ship :classic_wink:

9 minutes ago, Ashland said:

The disposable seems to be good enough for this Anthem class ship :classic_wink:

those waves up north will keep it clean, or take it off.  

8 hours ago, Ashland said:

I thought it was the new Covid class ship... 🤣

3 hours ago, GarlicBread said:

I thought it was the new Covid class ship... 🤣

I purchased a rhinestone applicator.  I might rhinestone a few masks

I mean the more I see people wearing such masks the more I understand how useless they are. I mean regular masks are useless as well when used outside the surgery room but these masks might make things even worst because they collect all the dirt from the street and then you spread all over the places no matter where you wear it 

6 hours ago, Roger88 said:

I mean the more I see people wearing such masks the more I understand how useless they are. I mean regular masks are useless as well when used outside the surgery room but these masks might make things even worst because they collect all the dirt from the street and then you spread all over the places no matter where you wear it 

Mask are not useless. They protect against more germs and viruses. However when I wear my beautiful gown I will be wearing my beautiful mask with it. Also the protection will be the ugly 5 layer mask under it. I will not go without a mask and I will not take away from my gowns. Don't make assumptions.

I am well aware of the protection a mask provides. I work as an educator and in a hospital as well. We wear mask. The choice is yours. Save a life.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

5 hours ago, Iamcruzin said:

We saw this on tv recently also....what isn't that people can't understand...Thanks Bill Nye !!!!

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Ashland said:

We saw this on tv recently also....what isn't that people can't understand...Thanks Bill Nye !!!!

The people who cry that masks are dirty are the same people who wipe snot off their nose with their sleeve.

Edited by Iamcruzin

Some male cannot even put pants on for the MDR ,we will see how they react to been told to wear a mask 😀

On 8/7/2020 at 11:18 PM, Heymarco said:

What will be appropriate mask attire on Royal for formal night? Will it be black only? Any good options for the ladies? I sure hope they don’t let people into the dining room wearing those cheap disposable

I plan on wearing my full Tyvek PPE suite with all seams sealed.  Also, will have my respirator with goggles - all seams will be airtight as well.  But, I’ll wear my LV tie.  I think it will look nice.  You think that’s appropriate?

You all are too funny! Thank you for all the laughs and light hearted responses!

On 8/15/2020 at 5:26 AM, Heymarco said:

image.jpeg.2eb086df754229331c7840d97aec14f4.jpeg

Does one need to wear second tie with this mask? 🤔🤣

I truly love this mask!  I went and found one for my husband in navy blue, which is the color of his jacket.  I'm going to give it to him our first formal night!