Penthouse Ammemities

crystalaziza

Am I correct that when booking a Penthouse, you get breakfast in Madernos & lunch in Cagneys as a perk. But does not grant access to the Haven, which is o.k. I'm looking for those scrumptious french almond pastries. LOL

That depends on the ship. On Epic and away-class, penthouse suites have  haven access. On smaller ships with Haven, most penthouse suites do not have haven access, but do include breakfast and lunch in one of the restaurants. 

if you book a suite on a ship that also has a haven you get all the same amenities, but not use of their private pool area. while you may not be able to eat at their designated restaurant, and bar, you will still be able to have breakfast and lunch separately from the rest of the passengers at either cagney's or moderno.

you should also note that on some of these ships that have both suites and haven suites, oftentimes the cabins themselves are identical except for the extra pool and restaurant,

i'm booked in a 2 bedroom suite on the jade next july, the 2 bedroom haven is identical except that it's 2 decks higher up and almost $5,000 more. while we've stayed in haven suites, im not really sure the private pool and restaurant is worth the extra $5,000. that covers my airfare.

that being said, however, you cannot beat the haven for extreme luxury and deluxe pampering. as ive stated in another post, the only problem with booking a haven suite, id you'll neber want to settle for anything else or less

5 hours ago, crystalaziza said:

Am I correct that when booking a Penthouse, you get breakfast in Madernos & lunch in Cagneys as a perk. But does not grant access to the Haven, which is o.k. I'm looking for those scrumptious french almond pastries. LOL

On a big ship (Epic, Breakaway, Getaway, Escape, Bliss, Joy, Encore), a Penthouse is in the Haven and you get full access to all Haven amenities. Your booking class would be an "Hx" (prefixed with "H"). You get 3 meals a day in the Haven restaurant. 

On small ships and the Joy, there are also "Sx" suite class rooms outside the Haven. Both "S"uite class rooms and "H"aven rooms on small ships eat in the suites restaurant. They usually use the tables in Moderno and Cagney's or La Cucina (Joy). They serve from a suite menu (similar to the Haven menu) for breakfast and lunch. (i.e., you do NOT get the regular moderno or cagney menu). 

In all suites, you will get those scrumptious french almond pastries.  

Note: the Suites restaurant on the Joy has a very abbreviated breakfast buffet (pre-covid). It did not meet the standards from all other ships in the fleet. 

6 hours ago, complawyer said:

i'm booked in a 2 bedroom suite on the jade next july, the 2 bedroom haven is identical except that it's 2 decks higher up and almost $5,000 more. while we've stayed in haven suites, im not really sure the private pool and restaurant is worth the extra $5,000. that covers my airfare.

On the Jade and other Jewel-class ships, there is no Haven restaurant. All suite guests, Haven or not, can have breakfast and lunch in Cagney’s or Moderno. (Special suite menus, not the menus of those restaurants.)  The Haven pool is tiny. I haven’t seen anything in the Haven space on those ships that would make me want to pay such a difference in price. 

Enjoy your cruise! 

Small Note:

Pays to know your ships and the individual specific amenities -

The DAWN class - DAWN and the STAR do not have a Haven

The Garden Villa Suites (2 on each ship - deck 14 & 15) are H-U-G-E !

The JEWEL class - JEWEL GEM JADE and PEARL have a half pint Haven * no restaurant or bar -

small pool exercise and spa (hot tub) facility on one deck with a large shared sun deck -

limited beverage and food service from an assigned Attendant.

Deck 15 has one or two DOS that are outstanding - BUT - required 18 steps to access

4 OS - 2 each on deck 9 and 10 forward are outside the Haven but have unlimited access - as noted

not within the Haven 4-5 decks above. 

There are two Garden Villa Suites within the Haven on each of these ships not as large as the DAWN 

Have not been on the EPIC - BREAKAWAY PLUS class ships BLISS ENCORE JOY and ESCAPE -or- the

BREAKAWAY class BREAKAWAY and GETAWAY - can't comment specifically about these.

The ship within a ship concept (Haven) whether it is worth the difference in price is questionable at the rack posted rate.

If winning a bid or reduced sale price promotion maybe a break point.

All depends on ones level of comfort privacy and use of all those available amenities.

After this Covid 19 virus thing - there maybe significant changes to those amenities really making a questionable

issue - is this worth it perhaps paying even more for that spacing requirement.

The Price best be Right and the service better than it was before or maybe it won't play in Peoria !

And consider whether most of your time is in the Haven or out and about with a Shore Excursion off the ship

or other activity.

We prefer the smaller Dawn and Jewel class ships and usually book SC or SF suites (love the SFs on the aft) on longer voyages like a 14 day New England and our 21 day Panama Canal trips. The SC was when I had my MIL with us and she wanted the seperate bedroom area. I really don't think the extra price for the Haven on these ships is all that much of a value. We do enjoy Breakfast and sometimes lunch at Modenero/Cagney's - esp on port days - we also noticed that breakfast was served until 11:00 at O'Sheehans.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, complawyer said:

great outlook, im only sorry i didnt think of it 1st. guess i'll have to up my game from a 2bedroom suite to the haven.

bon voyage!

Didn't help me. I was in the Deluxe Owner's Suite on the Bliss and still wound up with Covid-19. 😥  I rarely left the suite and probably only left the Haven three times all week. (I'm recovered now, thankfully - but was sick for several months!)

we obviously dont know each other, but i still enjoyed your post, and am really glad you are now fully recovered. i cant even begin to imagine what you went through.

im keeping my fingers crossed.we have a 10 day cruise booked in march on the spirit, a ship with no haven but i did book the deluxe penthouse with lg balcony and another booked in july on the jade. i opted for the 2 bedroom suite rather than the 2 bedroom haven, as the rooms are identical but thehaven is about 3000 more. for the 3 grand, i can live without the private pool andi dont think the jade has a separate  haven restaurant .

again, i amglad you have fully recovered. stay safe,stay healthy and hope one day we can find a mutual cruise

• Thanks 1

to crystalazizza:

if you're in a suite you can ask the butler to bring you the french almond pastries along with a carafe of coffee or hot water for tea directly to your cabin. i always have the butler bring me muffins, sweet rolls and croissants every morning.

• Like 1

I’m booked on the Sky for December 2020 which doesn’t stand a chance in hell to sail but anyway I’m booked in the Owners Suite. No Haven on this ship but we have butler and concierge service. We dine in Cagne’s for breakfast and lunch. The hot tub is fun too.

4 hours ago, complawyer said:

to crystalazizza:

if you're in a suite you can ask the butler to bring you the french almond pastries along with a carafe of coffee or hot water for tea directly to your cabin. i always have the butler bring me muffins, sweet rolls and croissants every morning.

Oh yeah, I didn't even think of that. Isn't it crazy what we cruise for. LOL I have a recipe for them but have not been able to get all the ingredients yet cause of Covid. Soon though. Thank You

On 8/8/2020 at 10:02 AM, crystalaziza said:

I'm looking for those scrumptious french almond pastries. LOL

I make these all the time at home!  A dusting of powdered sugar and they taste exactly the same.  Williams-Sonoma also has the chocolate-almond ones.

https://www.williams-sonoma.com/products/galaxy-desserts-almond-croissants/?pkey=ccroissants-bread-pastries&isx=0.0.444.6666564941406

On 8/10/2020 at 4:15 PM, pcakes122 said:

I make these all the time at home!  A dusting of powdered sugar and they taste exactly the same.  Williams-Sonoma also has the chocolate-almond ones.

https://www.williams-sonoma.com/products/galaxy-desserts-almond-croissants/?pkey=ccroissants-bread-pastries&isx=0.0.444.6666564941406

OMG, I just love almond but I am not crazy about pastries, BUT************* when I tried these (coaxed by my sister) I turned into a savage. Soon as I go to Wal-Mart I will buy the stuff I need & make them!!! I so can't wait!!!

On 8/10/2020 at 11:04 AM, pinkie60 said:

I’m booked on the Sky for December 2020 which doesn’t stand a chance in hell to sail but anyway I’m booked in the Owners Suite. No Haven on this ship but we have butler and concierge service. We dine in Cagne’s for breakfast and lunch. The hot tub is fun too.

We've done the OS on the Sky twice.  Was scheduled for May, but, alas, CoVID took over.  Have rebooked the OS for next May, with fingers crossed!  Good luck on your sailing!

Stay Safe, Stay Healthy!

On 8/8/2020 at 9:34 PM, don't-use-real-name said:

Small Note:

Pays to know your ships and the individual specific amenities -

The DAWN class - DAWN and the STAR do not have a Haven

The Garden Villa Suites (2 on each ship - deck 14 & 15) are H-U-G-E !

The JEWEL class - JEWEL GEM JADE and PEARL have a half pint Haven * no restaurant or bar -

small pool exercise and spa (hot tub) facility on one deck with a large shared sun deck -

limited beverage and food service from an assigned Attendant.

Deck 15 has one or two DOS that are outstanding - BUT - required 18 steps to access

4 OS - 2 each on deck 9 and 10 forward are outside the Haven but have unlimited access - as noted

not within the Haven 4-5 decks above. 

There are two Garden Villa Suites within the Haven on each of these ships not as large as the DAWN 

Have not been on the EPIC - BREAKAWAY PLUS class ships BLISS ENCORE JOY and ESCAPE -or- the

BREAKAWAY class BREAKAWAY and GETAWAY - can't comment specifically about these.

The ship within a ship concept (Haven) whether it is worth the difference in price is questionable at the rack posted rate.

If winning a bid or reduced sale price promotion maybe a break point.

All depends on ones level of comfort privacy and use of all those available amenities.

After this Covid 19 virus thing - there maybe significant changes to those amenities really making a questionable

issue - is this worth it perhaps paying even more for that spacing requirement.

The Price best be Right and the service better than it was before or maybe it won't play in Peoria !

And consider whether most of your time is in the Haven or out and about with a Shore Excursion off the ship

or other activity.

Just came across your post. I hope all is well with you and your's. Did you mention the Sun here? It also has no "Haven", however nice little ship.  I hope cruising gets back to somewhat normal as DH and I have finally booked a Haven Suite 2022 for our 40th anniversary.