Thanksgiving on Seaside Changed Again

APDMOM

We were booked for a 4 + 3 days back to back from Port Canaveral, to include Thanksgiving.  When I looked at our booking earlier today, I noticed that it has been switched to one 7-day cruise.  Ports have switched from only Ocean Cay and Nassau, adding Belize and Costa Maya.   We had two adjoining balcony cabins for both legs of the back to back, but have apparently lost those, as our booking now says our cabins have not been assigned.  We have not received any communication from MSC and the cruise is not even listed on the website anymore.  I will be calling on Monday to see if we can get more information...  We love Seaside and really don’t mind the switch, but definitely want adjoining cabins. 

I have Seaside booked for new years and the itinerary just swapped Costa Maya for grand Cayman. I'm glad for the change (we are Maya Chan fans) but it shows we are only in port 8am to noon, which would be a huge bummer! As long as we can keep our cabin, I won't complain. Good luck APDmom!

• Like 1

I agree with WH_Cruise, there will be no US sailings this year and probably for most of next year. Any ship that tries to sail will likely be a very short, and sad, cruise. It will be interesting how many lines decide that the holiday rush period will not be worth the risk to their business, crew, or passengers.

13 hours ago, APDMOM said:

We were booked for a 4 + 3 days back to back from Port Canaveral, to include Thanksgiving.  When I looked at our booking earlier today, I noticed that it has been switched to one 7-day cruise. 

Just a FYI: One of the implemented safety regulations I read about is that no back-to-back sailings will be allowed. For the life of me, I can't remember the details.  I have read so much on so many different sites I'm not sure if that was a general rule to all cruise lines, or specific health standard set by a specific cruise line (sorry). I wonder if this is why MSC changed to a 7 day? 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, deliver42 said:

I doubt there will be adjoining cabins booked if and when they start cruising. Maybe every other cabin, and only balconies at the start.

Well, we are one family, so we were allowed to book it just a couple of weeks ago.  Due to the sailings changing to 7 days, all cabins need to be reassigned.

16 hours ago, APDMOM said:

We were booked for a 4 + 3 days back to back from Port Canaveral, to include Thanksgiving.  When I looked at our booking earlier today, I noticed that it has been switched to one 7-day cruise.  Ports have switched from only Ocean Cay and Nassau, adding Belize and Costa Maya.   We had two adjoining balcony cabins for both legs of the back to back, but have apparently lost those, as our booking now says our cabins have not been assigned.  We have not received any communication from MSC and the cruise is not even listed on the website anymore.  I will be calling on Monday to see if we can get more information...  We love Seaside and really don’t mind the switch, but definitely want adjoining cabins. 

I have a cruise booked on Meraviglia for Thanksgiving week, too. Because everything is bought and paid for with this one, including flights, I'm hoping it will sail even though it seems unlikely. (Especially with Florida's "what pandemic?" attitude. They seem hell bent on destroying their tourist driven economy.) That said, I fully anticipate that every element of the cruise will be subject to change up until I set foot on the ship, and maybe even thereafter.

I think those of you who have a Thanksgiving Day cruise book ought to consider enjoying the Day at your own homes.  (I just hope there will be a football game or two to watch!)

I can't imagine the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade and the others around the country will take place.

5 hours ago, BermudaBound2014 said:

Just a FYI: One of the implemented safety regulations I read about is that no back-to-back sailings will be allowed. For the life of me, I can't remember the details.  I have read so much on so many different sites I'm not sure if that was a general rule to all cruise lines, or specific health standard set by a specific cruise line (sorry). 

The entire situation has become so confusing!  I am nearly at the point of why bother reading the "rules and regulations" when they are in so much flux.

If and when I am ready to cruise, I will read those "rules and regulations" that would pertain to me on that cruise and then decide if these are the conditions under which I am willing to cruise.  

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, rkacruiser said:

The entire situation has become so confusing!  I am nearly at the point of why bother reading the "rules and regulations" when they are in so much flux.

If and when I am ready to cruise, I will read those "rules and regulations" that would pertain to me on that cruise and then decide if these are the conditions under which I am willing to cruise.  

Yes, there are many “rules” that were really just suggested on Cruise Critic and social media outlets that are not official rules at all.  We are ready to cruise and know there is a chance more cruises will be cancelled.  However, we are willing to make the bookings, hope for the best, and take the refund if it is cancelled.  🙂

• Like 1

1 hour ago, APDMOM said:

take the refund if it is cancelled

And, if the Company goes into bankruptcy, there goes your refund, I suspect.  

I hope that does not happen.  But, I really don't understand the continued depositing of money with companies whose products are not available with no firm determination of when such products will be available.