Favorite music acts on rccl over the years?

4 hours ago, lovelife said:

Phoenix - classic rock band on Oasis was the best I've heard on a ship.  I did enjoy Bowser's (from Sha Na Na) fun show.

We saw Bowzer on Navigator. It was a good show. He  played a lot of Sha Na na stuff but he also played some classical piano. Very talented

• Like 1

We love We Will Rock You on Anthem, especially when Joyce Kuo is onboard.  We also go to all her sets in the Schooner Bar or The Via.  We have enjoyed The Royal Swedes also.  I follow Joyce and she recently posted a video that she was invited to play on along with Magnus Ohlander of the Royal Swedes.  It is by The Las Vegas Tenors featuring artists from all over that have been unemployed during this pandemic.  Look for "Go the Distance" by the Las Vegas Tenors.

We also like DSB, which is a Journey tribute band.

Santino & Blackjax had tremendous audience appeal, and had an amazing variety of songs. Everything from "The Prayer" to "Margaritaville". I believe I last saw him (Santino) on Radiance and he had a cult of people showing up at every performance from main theatre to lounge to Centrum. I have to admit I was one of them.

1 hour ago, molsonschooner said:

We saw Bowzer on Navigator. It was a good show. He  played a lot of Sha Na na stuff but he also played some classical piano. Very talented

It was on Jewel five years ago that I saw him.  Agree....talented.

image.thumb.png.29891cfe8623967c137cceb12ca85fa7.png

On Explorer 2014 repositioning from Bayonne to Port Canaveral, there was a Led Zeppelin cover band that was fantastic. Half the theater left unfortunately because it was rock music. Those who stayed loved it. I would rather have that then the hypnosis gigs or music from the 50's.

2 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

The Royal Swedes are great. I had several interesting conversations with them about music.

We had many great conversations with major artists like the lead singers of America earlier this year, was asking them about a great cover they had of a Bob Dylan song on one of there recent cds , also Rita Coolidge who was extremely friendly had our pictures taken with all of them. Along time ago not on a cruise we talked to Christoffer Cross about him recording a live cd at the very cool New York Carlyle club. 

1 hour ago, reallyitsmema said:

We love We Will Rock You on Anthem, especially when Joyce Kuo is onboard.  We also go to all her sets in the Schooner Bar or The Via.  We have enjoyed The Royal Swedes also.  I follow Joyce and she recently posted a video that she was invited to play on along with Magnus Ohlander of the Royal Swedes.  It is by The Las Vegas Tenors featuring artists from all over that have been unemployed during this pandemic.  Look for "Go the Distance" by the Las Vegas Tenors.

Thanks for the link. Joyce is incredible. Saw her in the show and in the lounges on the December 8, 2019 Anthem.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, reallyitsmema said:

We also like We Will Rock You.We saw it 3 times.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, George C said:

We had many great conversations with major artists like the lead singers of America earlier this year, was asking them about a great cover they had of a Bob Dylan song on one of there recent cds , also Rita Coolidge who was extremely friendly had our pictures taken with all of them. Along time ago not on a cruise we talked to Christoffer Cross about him recording a live cd at the very cool New York Carlyle club. 

As I posted previously,my wife and I were at Hippiefest in 2004.We were seated directly behind Dee Snider .In between acts he turned around and talked to us as though we were his friends.

On Quantum when it was in Cape Liberty had the Beatles in the 60s bowl cuts which  was good, agree with We Will Rock you too on Anthem, great piano player in Jewel on Schooner out if SAN .juan but drawing a blank n name.

Love the broadway shows (Mamma Mia, Hairspray, Grease)

For other acts, the ones that stood out

• The guy at Schooner Bar on Navigator (last August) 
  • Elton John impersonator on Adventure (last Dec)
  • Signing group at Boleros on Adventure (last Dec)

Sorry...I don't remember names ofhand

20 hours ago, John Reid said:

DSB (Foreigner)

20 hours ago, John Reid said:

Joyce Kuo - singer/guitarist

100% agreement on both!  DSB were great.

I enjoyed sitting in the area outside Jamie's with my dad, near the sculpture (The Via as it's called on the deck plan), listening to her play and and playing "name that tune" to see if we could figure out the song she was playing before she said it at the end.  I think we got them all.

sante fe band that worked  the  palms in vegas are one of the best bands in the country...seeing them on a cruise ship had to be an amazing experience..Jerry and the guys have released several great cd's and sitting on our cruise ship balcony with a cold adult beverage and  them playing on the  dvd player   still makes me want to cruise again in 2021. We wish everyone well and safe cruising next year.