Favorite music acts on rccl over the years?

23 hours ago, rncruiser said:

We have experienced at great musical performances over the years, but the best was over 30 years ago on Song of America. Terry and Theresa were a wonderful duo who performed every night during our week long cruise. Terry was a member of the ‘50’s group The Flamingoes and was a great entertainer. 

I have gone through this entire thread thinking I was going to spring this duo on everyone, but you beat me. Saw them on Sovereign of the Seas in 1990. Lounge was sparse on first night and  packed on last. Fantastic married duo with great pipes.

Edited by cruisinghawg

On 8/14/2020 at 9:53 AM, upwarduk said:

Floating Festivals.

Despite Royal Caribbean initially agreeing to postpone the sailings from this year to the following dates in 2021: Sail Away with Jane McDonald Sep 12 to Sep 19 / Stages Sep 19 – 23 / Throwback Sep 23 - 26 and providing us a statement to email our customers back in June 2020, they recently took the decision not to move forward with the planned deferment  for these three music charters to 2021.

Apparently Floating Festivals couldn’t agree to Royals new T&C.

Royal’s Lawyers are attempting to get refunds from Floating Festivals, so that they can return deposits. 

Latest update:

https://www.cruisetradenews.com/jane-mcdonald-sail-away-cruise-charter-firm-enters-administration/

Cruise charter company Floating Festivals, which had partnered with TV presenter Jane McDonald for a special sailing on board Royal Caribbean’s Anthem of the Seas this September, has entered administration.

The news comes a week after it was announced that the Jane McDonald Sail Away cruise, which had first been postponed until September next year, was cancelled altogether.

Edited by upwarduk

7 minutes ago, livingonthebeach said:

Not an act but an entire movie filmed on Harmony of the Seas, airing tonight on the Hallmark Channel @ 7pm EST

https://www.hallmarkchannel.com/love-at-sea

It was mentioned in a few threads when it first came out:

Like Father on Netflix came out about the same time and was also discussed in a few threads.

Edited by Biker19

2 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

It was mentioned in a few threads when it first came out:

Sorry didn't see those threads you mention --thought people who didn't see the previous threads (myself included) would be interested as it is airing tonight.  Thanks for pointing out that this was already posted albeit without a date and time to watch. Easy not to catch a thread that has 3 replies if you're not on here 24/7. If you go back far enough, there isn't much that hasn't been posted before. I don't do a search for everything single thing I post, so that's we're all so lucky to have the CC thread police. 🤐

1 minute ago, Biker19 said:

Not much talk about COVID before January 2020.

LOL - Most of those threads have been deleted anyway. Between the umpteen pie charts, bar graphs, line graphs, histograms, data dumps, heated discussions, politics, etc. they don't survive much -- not enough time for the thread police to copy and paste a link to what was previously mentioned - makes your job a lot easier.  🤪🤣😇

The Evergreen Trio: The best ballroom dance group. They played on the Grandeur and the Enchantment for many years. A large number of dancers, us included, would book their cruises just to listen and dance to their music.  "Jack" (RIP) loved them, especially the singer, and would book his cruises to be there also.

1 hour ago, aqualibra said:

The Evergreen Trio: The best ballroom dance group. They played on the Grandeur and the Enchantment for many years. A large number of dancers, us included, would book their cruises just to listen and dance to their music.  "Jack" (RIP) loved them, especially the singer, and would book his cruises to be there also.

They were my favorites.   Rotal made money on us when they were onboard since we'd usually eat a late lunch and skip supper.  Might get an occupational ben and Jerry's as a treat.

Seen a lot of these, but my favorite was on our Jewel TA a few years back. A young lady violinist from Europe was onboard with her music teacher, traveling to study in America, I believe. She gave an afternoon show that was simply amazing. Bob was on that sailing and I know he'd remember all the details if he was still in the neighborhood.  That act was a one time good deal. 

Other than that, my favorite was on Princess on a cruise to Hawaii in 2010. Steve Moris, former Beach Boys band member, did a comedy/Music act one evening. Laughed a lot and he could sure play the Guitar. He did an encore the next afternoon that was very interactive with the crowd. Just him telling stories and messing around with the guitar. True talent and so authentic. Not like you were watching the same act he'd done a thousand times. 

16 hours ago, Doug S said:

Seen a lot of these, but my favorite was on our Jewel TA a few years back. A young lady violinist from Europe was onboard with her music teacher, traveling to study in America, I believe. She gave an afternoon show that was simply amazing. Bob was on that sailing and I know he'd remember all the details if he was still in the neighborhood.  That act was a one time good deal. 

Other than that, my favorite was on Princess on a cruise to Hawaii in 2010. Steve Moris, former Beach Boys band member, did a comedy/Music act one evening. Laughed a lot and he could sure play the Guitar. He did an encore the next afternoon that was very interactive with the crowd. Just him telling stories and messing around with the guitar. True talent and so authentic. Not like you were watching the same act he'd done a thousand times. 

I saw Steve Morris on a Princess cruise, also. Very good. He was a finalist in the Princess entertainer of the year competition.

KC and the Sunshine Band ,Radiance of the seas, cruise and grove  .2017 ,they also have a rock the boat, a country one and a classical one . They are from Australia and are charter cruises 7 night with loads of entertainment 🙂