Have We Gone On Our Last Cruise?

tlw440

1 hour ago, sapphire_407 said:

I had only put down $200.00 on a Mardi Gras cruise.  If I hang in there I'll get a $600.00 onboard credit.  I'm not giving up.  I don't think this industry will survive until we get a vaccine but it will happen.   We will survive this.

How is a vaccine going to help? Every vaccine currently under development states the efficacy rate will be 50% at best. With efficacy rates at this level, social distancing and mask wearing are still going to be important, which means cruise ships are still going to be faced with meeting challenges associated with stoical distancing like they would today. The only difference is a vaccine would likely/hopefully reduce the chances of a COVID-19 outbreak on a ship, but it definitely wouldn’t come close to eliminating it. 

Well MSC flagship grandiosa sailed from Genoa about 1 hour ago with 1500 passengers, picking up more in Rome & Naples.

every passenger had rapid test before boarding and crew tested multiple times, hopefully this is the start with more ships starting later this month & carnival owned Costa starting September 

• Like 3

2022 for a cruise. Late fall 2021 for a trip to Hawaii. I’ve cancelled 3 vacations so far and don’t want to hassle another cancel. Things will be working out in the near future, whether it’s a vaccine or the social distancing/masks make a difference. But unlike a lot of people, I’m an optimist. 

7 hours ago, xDisconnections said:

I just never unpack... works for me.

9 hours ago, mark316 said:

Don’t know about anyone else, but I’m packing for August 2021...

You guys are way more proactive than me. I have packed two days before a cruise before but normally I pack the day before a cruise. The last time we cruised out of Tampa, which is 25 minutes from our house, I packed the morning of the cruise for a 7 day cruise. 

58 minutes ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

You guys are way more proactive than me. I have packed two days before a cruise before but normally I pack the day before a cruise. The last time we cruised out of Tampa, which is 25 minutes from our house, I packed the morning of the cruise for a 7 day cruise. 

That's me.  The morning of.  Drives my wife crazy.

She packs about a week before and always forgets things.  One time it was underwear.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

I am like you, the wife talked me into the trying to pack in advance and I had to wait to pack pants (wore them work each day), come to the night before, we had a large group and some came to our house.  We ended up putting their kids down in all the bedrooms and staying up and pre cruise drinking till time to leave.  Fast forward to getting on the ship, we were in coins suite and had people over for cocktails after embark.  bags come and I go in to unpack....no pants.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, jimbo5544 said:

I am like you, the wife talked me into the trying to pack in advance and I had to wait to pack pants (wore them work each day), come to the night before, we had a large group and some came to our house.  We ended up putting their kids down in all the bedrooms and staying up and pre cruise drinking till time to leave.  Fast forward to getting on the ship, we were in coins suite and had people over for cocktails after embark.  bags come and I go in to unpack....no pants.

Of course your wife didn't say anything....did she?😄

52 minutes ago, tlw440 said:

Of course your wife didn't say anything....did she?😄

I will put it this way...the entire group asked me each and every night what pants I was wearing to dinner.  Luckily one of my son in laws was the same size.

2 hours ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

Yup, I’ve done that before. It’s either I’m already packed from several trips ago or I’m packing that morning. I’ll have to change my habits though as I won’t be able to fit that type of luggage soon for a quick trip to Orlando.

So, 25 mins from the port? I spend a lot of time that way in the IRB/Clearwater Beach area. I’m just guessing you’re in that direction and not the opposite heading more inland but you never know.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, jimbo5544 said:

I will put it this way...the entire group asked me each and every night what pants I was wearing to dinner.  Luckily one of my son in laws was the same size.

So... what are you wearing for dinner tonight?

Edited by xDisconnections
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, jimbo5544 said:

A very diplomatic response!

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, coevan said:

Everyone does know all ports of call have clothing stores near the pier. Except Half Moon Cay, because I know someone will try and correct me. My wife says, if I forget something, I will buy another.

Well, you could go from Little San Salvador Island (where Half Moon Cay is located) to Cat Island or Eleuthera (where Princess Cays is located) within a few minutes ride. You'll be able to find clothing stores on either but would probably have a better selection on Eleuthera assuming you don't go to the Princess Cays area.

Edited by xDisconnections

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/17/2020 at 6:58 AM, jimbo5544 said:

I did that once trying to avoid wrinkles in my shirts and pants. You never want to give your bag to a porter at the port and see him testing the weight on it and say "that's it?" All I had packed were T-shirts and shorts. Shopping for MDR clothes in Cozumel wasn't as easy as I thought it would be.

• Haha 1

On my first cruise I packed for my (then) 2 young daughters and my (not so young then) husband.  Got on the ship and realized I forgot to pack bathing suits for myself.  First port was Aruba - got 2 nice suits there!