New Cancellations

wesport

2 minutes ago, wesport said:

Just released. New pause in operations. 

Encore through 11/25/20

Ovation through 12/20/20

Sojourn through 5/24/21 ( this seems strange)

Hi

What is your source, please? I can't see it on Seabourn's website.

3 minutes ago, wesport said:

Yahoo finance. Under CCL stock quote news. Just came acrosss. Odyssey not mentioned. 

Thanks. I also found this. And here is the official newswire report. 

Edited by norm2002
Added another link.

We had a wonderful cruise May/June 2019 on Sojourn.  We loved every minute of it.  However, my husband commented several times during our cruise that he thought Seabourn would be retiring the Sojourn.  I wonder now if that is the new plan.  

We proactively cancelled our December Sojourn sailing last week.  Now it seems like great timing to have done so!

We are going to sit out on any more bookings until we’ve got a better idea of what a return to sailing looks like.  Tonight will be 154 in a row in my own bed, something I had not done in decades prior to this.  Right now our idea of a big voyage is donning a mask to pick up groceries or get a haircut.

I miss cruising and long to be back on Seabourn, but not quite yet.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, SLSD said:

However, my husband commented several times during our cruise that he thought Seabourn would be retiring the Sojourn.  I wonder now if that is the new plan.  

It would seem odd to retire Sojourn before Odyssey since that ship has been in service longer.  

Sojourn is only 10 years old although I’m sure it felt older to you having sailed on both of the big sisters first.  Odyssey is 11 years old and Quest is 9 years old.

They had the little sisters for between 20-25 years before selling them.

19 minutes ago, SLSD said:

We had a wonderful cruise May/June 2019 on Sojourn.  We loved every minute of it.  However, my husband commented several times during our cruise that he thought Seabourn would be retiring the Sojourn.  I wonder now if that is the new plan.  

I don't think retirement is the current plan. They have announced that all bookings for the full 2021 world cruise will be automatically transferred to the world cruise in 2022.

"For guests booked on the full 2021 World Cruise on Seabourn Sojourn (January 3- May 24, 2021)
In a review of our options and in light of the current world travel situation, our next World Cruise will take place in 2022 on board Seabourn Sojourn. The 145-day World Cruise: Extraordinary Horizons will depart from Los Angeles, California, on January 11, 2022.

To help you fulfill this incredible experience, your 2021 World Cruise booking will automatically be transferred to the 2022 World Cruise in the same suite at the same rate as your current booking, and they will receive the additional five cruise days at no extra charge. Any confirmed early booking amenities will be automatically transferred to the new booking. Although the itinerary is still being finalized as ports are confirmed and is subject to change, we’re confident the 2022 World Cruise will be just as exciting."

Edited by norm2002

Josh Leibowitz, president of Seabourn: “Like many who watch the travel industry, we are encouraged by the signs emerging around the world that point to travel’s progress toward return."

Umm, Josh, what exactly are the encouraging signs you're seeing? 😉

17 minutes ago, norm2002 said:

I don't think retirement is the current plan. They have announced that all bookings for the full 2021 world cruise will be automatically transferred to the world cruise in 2022.

"For guests booked on the full 2021 World Cruise on Seabourn Sojourn (January 3- May 24, 2021)
In a review of our options and in light of the current world travel situation, our next World Cruise will take place in 2022 on board Seabourn Sojourn. The 145-day World Cruise: Extraordinary Horizons will depart from Los Angeles, California, on January 11, 2022.

To help you fulfill this incredible experience, your 2021 World Cruise booking will automatically be transferred to the 2022 World Cruise in the same suite at the same rate as your current booking, and they will receive the additional five cruise days at no extra charge. Any confirmed early booking amenities will be automatically transferred to the new booking. Although the itinerary is still being finalized as ports are confirmed and is subject to change, we’re confident the 2022 World Cruise will be just as exciting."

You could be right.  But I don't think any of us know what the future holds for Seabourn and its ships right now.  My husband saw Sojourn as a bit down at the heels.  This didn't affect our enjoyment of our trip.   I could see Seabourn slimming down to Encore, Ovation and Venture.  It would be a small fleet, but perhaps better positioned to deal with whatever the future holds.  I feel a real loss at not being able to cruise.  Let's hope whatever happens, it makes our cruising future a happy one. 

Edited by SLSD

On 8/10/2020 at 4:25 PM, jenidallas said:

We proactively cancelled our December Sojourn sailing last week.  Now it seems like great timing to have done so!

We are going to sit out on any more bookings until we’ve got a better idea of what a return to sailing looks like.  Tonight will be 154 in a row in my own bed, something I had not done in decades prior to this.  Right now our idea of a big voyage is donning a mask to pick up groceries or get a haircut.

I miss cruising and long to be back on Seabourn, but not quite yet.

Jenni:  We too are amazed at how long we have been confined chez nous.  Would love to board a long Seabourn cruise, but that is just not practical right now.  And sad that these cancellations have happened.  Yes, a haircut is an adventure these days.  On the agenda is a car trip to the Napa Valley where we will probably not get out of the car.  What?

I hope Sojourn isn't retired off, it's our favourite ship, we've done the majority of our cruises on it.

However, it's not going to be the same if we go back to Sojourn.  The staff will've changed no doubt and that's what made it for us.  

We miss it.  We just feel lucky we decided to take a very last minute cruise on it last December. Such a rush to organise and get there, but it was one of the best.  (although I say that about every one!)

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Mauzac said:

I hope Sojourn isn't retired off, it's our favourite ship, we've done the majority of our cruises on it.

However, it's not going to be the same if we go back to Sojourn.  The staff will've changed no doubt and that's what made it for us.  

We miss it.  We just feel lucky we decided to take a very last minute cruise on it last December. Such a rush to organise and get there, but it was one of the best.  (although I say that about every one!)

Mauzac I'm in complete agreement with everything you've written here.

I believe we were on Sojourn at the same time last December. When we disembarked on 4th January the world cruise was ahead and our favourite crew members who were remaining on board were all so excited about the adventure ahead.

I feel quite sad about it all today.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Isklaar said:

Mauzac I'm in complete agreement with everything you've written here.

I believe we were on Sojourn at the same time last December. When we disembarked on 4th January the world cruise was ahead and our favourite crew members who were remaining on board were all so excited about the adventure ahead.

I feel quite sad about it all today.

Isklaar, I feel really sad as well.  I think my husband and I are substantially older than you are.  One thing that concerns us  (at ages 68 and 69) is that we are not getting to travel right now--we are healthy.  But, as we all know, there are no guarantees in life.  

34 minutes ago, SLSD said:

Isklaar, I feel really sad as well.  I think my husband and I are substantially older than you are.  One thing that concerns us  (at ages 68 and 69) is that we are not getting to travel right now--we are healthy.  But, as we all know, there are no guarantees in life.  

SLSD, I understand exactly what you're saying.

I'd very much like to meet you and your husband on board one day. (And Mauzac too, we didn't meet last year). 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Isklaar said:

SLSD, I understand exactly what you're saying.

I'd very much like to meet you and your husband on board one day. (And Mauzac too, we didn't meet last year). 

We would like that as well.  Let's hope that it happens!

• Like 1

Viking just cancelled thru the end of 2020 ocean and river.

Would think Seabourn will issue additional cancellations for their sailings thru 2020 for those not cancelled already at some point....

Was optimistic at one point for a March sailing or maybe a May sailing in 2021.....

Fall 2021 perhaps?😟