Old carnival muster drill photos

geckoaz

10 hours ago, lyannea said:

I hate to admit it, but throughout the drill,

I was strategizing on the quickest way to exit the room, and

. It.Never.Worked.

Best way is to get yourself closest to the door. My strategy is to be one of the last in there because they usually fill it up front to back And release you back to front. When they let out, the race is on to get one of the 8 alchemy bar seats.

Edited by Saint Greg
  • Like 1

At first I thought, yeah, I wished I had an iPhone or small camera during muster drills.

then I saw some overcrowding pix and was suddenly glad I didn’t, going into a panic.

we always made our way as late as possible so that we could escape the minute it was over.  A mad dash actually.

15 hours ago, lyannea said:

I hate to admit it, but throughout the drill,

I was strategizing on the quickest way to exit the room, and

. It.Never.Worked.

Same here!  Our drills on our last few cruises were in the theater.  There was no way to time it right because once one row filled up, they sent people to the next row all of the way in the back.  I guess the only way to avoid that problem is to arrive at the last minute, but I can't bring myself to do that.  We are always early for everything and it's hardwired.

Edited by TNcruising02
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, TNcruising02 said:

Same here!  Our drills on our last few cruises were in the theater.  There was no way to time it right because once one row filled up, they sent people to the next row all of the way in the back.  I guess the only way to avoid that problem is to arrive at the last minute, but I can't bring myself to do that.  We are always early for everything and it's hardwired.

Was there early myself the last 3 drills. Nice comfy seat and the drill was quick except they were looking for 4 guest that did not check in (have their ss card scanned) beats standing on the open deck with the life vest on. like the old days 1991 for me.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, phoneman69 said:

Was there early myself the last 3 drills. Nice comfy seat and the drill was quick except they were looking for 4 guest that did not check in (have their ss card scanned) beats standing on the open deck with the life vest on. like the old days 1991 for me.

Definitely.  I was so happy when I was on cruises that had muster drills inside.  It makes a huge difference.

Carnival Destiny

Quick 3-day Charter cruise, ex Bridgetown Barbados

after Cricket International happening, in April 2007

We did Antigua - Sint Maarten -  Saint Lucia.

Many many Barbados islanders on board.
Heck, everyone we knew!

IMG_7710.JPG

IMG_7712.JPG

MusterDrill-11.jpg

• Like 1

Gosh, I never even thought about virtual muster drills. Now that would be awesome! I'm not sure how they would and account for everyone watching though. Great pictures of everyone wearing their life jacket. I remember those days gone by. 

7 hours ago, mitsugirly said:

Gosh, I never even thought about virtual muster drills. Now that would be awesome! I'm not sure how they would and account for everyone watching though. Great pictures of everyone wearing their life jacket. I remember those days gone by. 

If I understand correctly, for the virtual muster drill on RCL, guests still have to go to their muster station and check in before sail away.  They ask a few questions.  (And as far as everyone watching--who knows what is being paid attention to by people at a usual muster drill? 😀).