Booking return trip from Amsterdam

surrocruiser

Hello,

I am currently trying to book return airfare from Amsterdam for June 2021 (crossing my fingers....) and I'm trying to decide what the absolute earliest flight I could make if we self disembark. Some in our party can not take the additional day off work the next day and most other flights have us arriving the next day.

We are on NCL Jade, itinerary says we arrive at 7am. Thanks in advance.

I the Northern Europe Forum you said “so we booked a 10:35 AM departure” 
I do not know how fast you’ll be able to disembark but with a 7 am arrival the 10:35 departure will be very, very tight but doable.

7 hours ago, hallasm said:

I the Northern Europe Forum you said “so we booked a 10:35 AM departure” 
I do not know how fast you’ll be able to disembark but with a 7 am arrival the 10:35 departure will be very, very tight but doable.

Yes, we technically have it on hold with American Airlines. I am trying to decide if that is a horrible idea while everyone checks with their employers to see if they can take of another day. 7 out of the 12 of us will be hard pressed to add another day.

1 hour ago, surrocruiser said:

7 out of the 12 of us will be hard pressed to add another day.

what is the difference between 10:35 and 11:50? - You'll be in NY the same day anyway.

Edited by hallasm

14 minutes ago, hallasm said:

what is the difference between 10:35 and 11:50? - You'll be in NY the same day anyway.

There isn't an 11:50 option for my flight. There is a 10:20 AM into DFW and a 10:35 AM into PHL. The next flight option is the next day.

Edited by surrocruiser
correction

Some reason why all 12 people have to fly together?  Are you getting a group rate?

And is there some reason why it has to be on American?

Finally, since you don't give us any idea of your final destination, nor any other details, I guess you will just have to accept guesses from this end.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HicksRA said:

What rates are you seeing?  I’ve been trying to book a return flight from Amsterdam to DFW in April thru Air2Sea and they’re quoting $3200 pp. I’ll cancel the cruise before I pay $6k for a flight. 

Is that a one way and in what class of service? 

4 minutes ago, Ashland said:

Is that a one way and in what class of service? 

It was quoted both one way and both ways at $3197 pp economy. 
DFW to Houston (TA from Galveston to Barcelona) w/B2B to Amsterdam. 
I can drive to Galveston so I asked both ways. 

Edited by HicksRA

8 minutes ago, HicksRA said:

It was quoted both one way and both ways at $3197 pp economy. 
DFW to Houston (TA from Galveston to Barcelona) w/B2B to Amsterdam. 
I can drive to Galveston so I asked both ways. 

Check Air Canada.  I just looked at something decent for about 1200 CAD, less than 900 USD.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/10/2020 at 10:44 PM, surrocruiser said:

Hello,

I am currently trying to book return airfare from Amsterdam for June 2021 (crossing my fingers....) and I'm trying to decide what the absolute earliest flight I could make if we self disembark. Some in our party can not take the additional day off work the next day and most other flights have us arriving the next day.

First, I would never take the 10:35 flight.  International flights are not like domestic.  You never really know how long it will take at the airport and the recommended time for international is 3 hours.  On the other note, it is possible but I would not do it.  The good news is you are plus 6 hours, so it gives you "more" time for the flight.   The other really important thing right now, is the lack of flights and you are really booking way out.  More flights are going to show up, once visitation to EU is permitted.   You might want to wait for the flights to see what happens before you buy. 

• Like 1

I’ve flown out of Ams. And it is not a good idea to book a 10:30a with a 7 a arrival.   There is NO guarantee the ship will have the gangway open at 7a. And no way you’ll be first off the ship.   
You then have at least a 20 minute cab ride.    

4 hours ago, Budget Queen said:

I’ve flown out of Ams. And it is not a good idea to book a 10:30a with a 7 a arrival.   There is NO guarantee the ship will have the gangway open at 7a. And no way you’ll be first off the ship.   
You then have at least a 20 minute cab ride.    

This coming August we'll (hopefully) be having a 6:00am arrival back into Amsterdam off X Reflection.

What is the earliest time we should look to book our flight back to the US?

• 5 weeks later...
On 8/10/2020 at 10:44 PM, surrocruiser said:

Hello,

Some times the ship is late docking ......

On 8/27/2020 at 12:05 PM, FlyerTalker said:

OP has been MIA for over two weeks, and has provided no further details.  In my book, that should close out this inquiry.

True.  But for benefit of others...my question would be, why are you stuck on American?  AMS is a hub for KLM so if possible, I'd be looking at KLM and other Sky Team airlines, like Air France and Delta, as there would likely be more options.

7 hours ago, waterbug123 said:

True.  But for benefit of others...my question would be, why are you stuck on American?  AMS is a hub for KLM so if possible, I'd be looking at KLM and other Sky Team airlines, like Air France and Delta, as there would likely be more options.

Agree...and why I opted for DL (KLM) for my LAX-AMS July 2021 flight.

22 hours ago, waterbug123 said:

Asked that question in post#6. And never a response.