Who misses sailing?

I cannot believe how much both my husband and I miss sailing.  Honestly, we get a little depressed when we talk about our sailings that were cancelled. We spend a lot of time on ships and it is such a large part of our lives.  Is anyone else having withdrawal?  We actually both enrolled in the Pfizer vaccine trials hoping that we can be among the first back on the ship!  Maybe we should form a support group!  I understand that there are much bigger problems in life but we still miss sailing terribly.  Is it just us??

• Like 3

9 hours ago, the more ports the better said:

I cannot believe how much both my husband and I miss sailing.  Honestly, we get a little depressed when we talk about our sailings that were cancelled. We spend a lot of time on ships and it is such a large part of our lives.  Is anyone else having withdrawal?  We actually both enrolled in the Pfizer vaccine trials hoping that we can be among the first back on the ship!  Maybe we should form a support group!  I understand that there are much bigger problems in life but we still miss sailing terribly.  Is it just us??

Not just you.  If we spend enough time on these boards we miss it even more. Hope to be back soon, but guess we are looking at at least 6 months or more.  Will keep looking at our wonderful pictures to see where we want to go back to.  Everyone stay safe and hope to see you soon. 

7 hours ago, Paulchili said:

I certainly miss the sailings but we had a B2B2B on Marina this Fall and the final payments would have been due now - one every week. Don't miss not having to make those 3 final payments 😀

+1         With 3 cruises cancelled this year, it feels very strange getting money back (eventually) rather than paying the balances. That said, I would rather have travelled.

Had 4 cruises booked from this September to July 2021. First one was cancelled. Next one is late December (South America and crossing my fingers), Then 2 in the Med June 2021, then Israel in July. Gotta believe we'll make at least one of those.

1 hour ago, Aloha 1 said:

Had 4 cruises booked from this September to July 2021. First one was cancelled. Next one is late December (South America and crossing my fingers), Then 2 in the Med June 2021, then Israel in July. Gotta believe we'll make at least one of those.

You will......while the virus is  serious  the fear of it is even greater as is the media constant banging away  every  day brain washing us to doom and eternal gloom.     However, what is remembered is never lost.. as in cruising pleasure.    The act of booking now is like a revuvination of those past good times.   Something to focus on that is positive.  Something to look foward too ans savor.  Something to divert our attention to planning and dreaming and not nightmares.     We can be our own worst enemy or best friend if we focus on the good.....   The greateatest  of adventures is what lies ahead....    make that you daily mantra...    the Sun will rise for a new dawn...

10997014_1377215442596347_2257435853580723092_n.jpg

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Aloha 1 said:

Had 4 cruises booked from this September to July 2021....then Israel in July. 

Israel in July?  Did you intend to write a different six-letter country, such as Norway?  Your heat tolerance substantially exceeds mine.  (My husband started seeing spots and almost fainted at Ein Gedi once in mid-June.)

More seriously, I certainly hope you get at least some of your cruise dreams realized. Best wishes!

9 hours ago, CintiPam said:

Israel in July?  Did you intend to write a different six-letter country, such as Norway?  Your heat tolerance substantially exceeds mine.  (My husband started seeing spots and almost fainted at Ein Gedi once in mid-June.)

More seriously, I certainly hope you get at least some of your cruise dreams realized. Best wishes!

LOL! Try Masada in August at 118 degrees! I live in Florida so very heat tolerant. And thanks. I really think we'll be cruising by June.

I miss LIVING. My life is on hold.  After disembarking Sirena’s final cruise in March, we have been at home trying to stay safe.  We seldom go out unless necessary. We haven’t seen our friends since February.  We haven’t hugged our kids/grandkids in months. We stay in touch using phone, email, FaceTime, zoom, etc.  Some restaurants are doing outdoor dining. No gyms or movies. Some stores are open, but not going to them.  If I need something, I buy it online and get it delivered.  While beaches near me have reopened, we are afraid to go.  Do we miss sailing?  As time passes, I am missing it less. I am not missing it as much as I miss other things.  My priorities have shifted.  I want to hug my grandkids. I want to share Holidays like Thanksgiving together in my house.  Most of all, I want to feel safe when I leave my house. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Redtravel said:

I miss LIVING. My life is on hold.  After disembarking Sirena’s final cruise in March, we have been at home trying to stay safe.  We seldom go out unless necessary. We haven’t seen our friends since February.  We haven’t hugged our kids/grandkids in months. We stay in touch using phone, email, FaceTime, zoom, etc.  Some restaurants are doing outdoor dining. No gyms or movies. Some stores are open, but not going to them.  If I need something, I buy it online and get it delivered.  While beaches near me have reopened, we are afraid to go.  Do we miss sailing?  As time passes, I am missing it less. I am not missing it as much as I miss other things.  My priorities have shifted.  I want to hug my grandkids. I want to share Holidays like Thanksgiving together in my house.  Most of all, I want to feel safe when I leave my house. 

Wow.  A really good post.  Better than I could have said. Agree 100%      Stay safe. 

5 hours ago, Aloha 1 said:

LOL! Try Masada in August at 118 degrees! I live in Florida so very heat tolerant. And thanks. I really think we'll be cruising by June.

The biggest problem with any cruise that visits Israel is that there are a multitude of potential problems inherent to the region ( from Turkey to Algeria) to which the current virus only adds.  Too when a cruise line schedules a cruise to a region it must feel confident that there will be sufficient bookings...... So it may be more complex than thought.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Aloha 1 said:

Ill take 118 in the Sinai  at  3-4% humidity any day compared to 99-100 in Miami....at 98-99%. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Hawaiidan said:

Heck....it hit 122F in palm springs last week   going to be 118 this Sunday  but humidity is around  5 to 8%......Man up

13528408_1643001829351039_3355986943516271694_o.jpg

Don't need to man up or prove anything any more at this point in my life.

Try to do only things I enjoy 😀

• Like 2

We miss it and would be in Bermuda right now. The acceptable part is that their is no cruising going on, so it is more bearable knowing that it isn't available. Our next cruise is slated in February 2021, but we have no idea if it will even happen. The downside is we can't look forward to it with the same excitement we would have had on upcoming cruises before this pandemic. We are hoping to go, but not counting on it yet.

• Like 1

On 8/12/2020 at 9:00 AM, Redtravel said:

What state do you live in?

On 8/11/2020 at 5:55 AM, RJB said:

Not just you.  If we spend enough time on these boards we miss it even more. Hope to be back soon, but guess we are looking at at least 6 months or more.  Will keep looking at our wonderful pictures to see where we want to go back to.  Everyone stay safe and hope to see you soon. 

We cancelled a Crystal at the end of March 2020 but needed to have at least something to look forward to. Thus an Oceania TA in March 2022. If I catch it (Covid-19) it would be a bummer but at my age and my medical conditions I want to cruise as much as possible. As was just said, stay safe. BTW, the weather is pretty good in northern California but like most of you we're housebound.