Who misses sailing?

On 8/23/2020 at 11:21 PM, bigmjh said:

Jan - We did the Alaska to Tokyo (different cruiseline ... sorry) last September. Great, interesting cruise ... but, yes, that one-way air was a "killer".😬

Im using miles for either business or first so shouldnt be too bad, cant believe at my age I booked so far ahead.

LOL

Jancruz1

On 8/28/2020 at 3:05 PM, Paulchili said:

You mean we have to rake the leaves in the forrest like they do in Finland?

IStu and I are very lucky we live right on the beach (Pacific Ocean) but love to wander outside when its warm and take the great grand kiddies..been here 20 years and never tired of watching what goes on..horses, kites, seadoos, etc.even so Princess ship one day..last year

Jancruz1

Edited by Jancruz

On 8/15/2020 at 6:55 AM, LHT28 said:

Who knows what will happen  a year from now  😎

YES if some Countries cannot  conform to the protocols now  they may well be locked out of enjoying the rest of the World in the next year or more

JMO

I mean the rules the ship will have.  I don't want to travel in a bubble with a small pre-assigned group, be told when and who to eat with and some of the other rules they intend to impose.  I don't mind masks and social distancing, but I don't view a cruise as a school!  

1 hour ago, KirkNC said:

We miss sailing as it was, not sure we will miss what future sailing may hold.

I guess only time will tell.  We sure are not thinking of sailing at the beginning.  Want to see how the first few months go and then we will think about it.  I know there will be many post here on CC that will give all of us the answers we want and need to make up our minds.  Hope it is soon.  

On 8/30/2020 at 10:00 PM, Jancruz said:

Im using miles for either business or first so shouldnt be too bad, cant believe at my age I booked so far ahead.

LOL

Jancruz1

Skip ANA their Bus class seats and rock hard on a LAX-Tokyo  plus their Tokyo  terminal feels like it is in Okinawa......

On 9/6/2020 at 3:43 AM, Caroldoll said:

I mean the rules the ship will have.  I don't want to travel in a bubble with a small pre-assigned group, be told when and who to eat with and some of the other rules they intend to impose.  I don't mind masks and social distancing, but I don't view a cruise as a school!  

That aint a vacation.....I will go to land touring....maybe to see the prairie Dogs in South Dakota again.

On 8/30/2020 at 10:00 PM, Jancruz said:

Im using miles for either business or first so shouldnt be too bad

If you have the miles, my recommendations is Singapore First suite (or business) - direct flight, ANA First or Japan First or business.

You can get Singapore awards only with their miles (from Chase Ultimate awards or Citi Thank you)).

On 9/8/2020 at 4:44 AM, Caroldoll said:

I am with you!  Looking into land trips now.

We've done three in the last three months in our rv. All in CA/OR/WA. With Hairy Red Dog. Had a great time and will be doing at least one more before year end. I wish Canada was open to us.

1 hour ago, ORV said:

A year ago we were in Paris, not only do I miss sailing I miss traveling. 

Agree, I am on a Staycation, which when you were already working from home sucks even more (I know, a first world problem).

We did however make it to Paris......Ontario...... 

1A1C3D39-87BB-488F-848A-A75195680123.jpeg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tocruiseguy said:

Agree, I am on a Staycation, which when you were already working from home sucks even more (I know, a first world problem).

We did however make it to Paris......Ontario...... 

1A1C3D39-87BB-488F-848A-A75195680123.jpeg

I wonder if it beats Paris, TX?

5 minutes ago, ORV said:

Just to rub it in my calendar popped up a notice today that I have a 5am flight to Vancouver tomorrow. Yeah, that ain't happening. Was headed out on a TP to Honolulu.

Yeah - I've had a few of those as well as reminders for final payment, specialty reservations, etc

Hey, gas is cheap and so are the hotels..... you got a car...use it   So far I have been AZ, UT, CO, WY, MT, SD, NV and planning NM... plenty of options away from the masses and risk and good open restaurants too

It is a big country  It is yours to explore or not.  Time spent locked up is neither good for your mental health or future..... You only have so much time in life.... do not waste it... there are no refunds or rewinds   

Edited by Hawaiidan

7 minutes ago, Hawaiidan said:

Hey, gas is cheap and so are the hotels..... you got a car...use it   So far I have been AZ, UT, CO, WY, MT, SD, NV and planning NM... plenty of options away from the masses and risk and good open restaurants too

It is a big country  It is yours to explore or not.  Time spent locked up is neither good for your mental health or future..... You only have so much time in life.... do not waste it... there are no refunds or rewinds   

Dan..that is such a good idea, we have wanted to visit places for a while and now I will talk to Stu and in the cooler weather start going..

Thanks for the driving idea really never thought of it..

Jan

1 hour ago, Jancruz said:

Dan..that is such a good idea, we have wanted to visit places for a while and now I will talk to Stu and in the cooler weather start going..

Thanks for the driving idea really never thought of it..

Jan

Some ideas......Ely NV...Great Basin NP... Capitol reef UT NP, Escalante ut...Canyon lands, Arches ut, Monument Valley, Carlsbad Caverns NM, Tombstone.AZ..Grand Teton WY , CodyWY , Yellowstone WY, Snow Canyon UT. The Bighorns WY. Ouray CO  , Durango CO...  no crowds  fantastic scenery NO SMOKE...  Gas in WY last mo was $2.15 for prem !!!  dinner for 2 under $40.....

the great escape moab-vernal yellow stone 234.JPG

7 hours ago, Hawaiidan said:

You know that I frequently disagree with you 🙂 But 100% on this. GET OUT! We've only covered NorCal, OR and WA coasts mostly as we hate the heat. But it's been great. We have a small motor home as well as a small dog 🙂 We even stayed in an EV park in South San Francisco and had a couple of outstanding lunches in the city.