Dark days once more for traveling anywhere not just Tahiti

Petoonya

Seems as though any small country testing the waters is seeing uptick in cases. For all the excitement by French Polynesians in opening their doors so carefully, seems like the evil virus has seeped in anyway. We're all discouraged but can't give up hope. It was just too early this time around, and things may change in a few months. And promising vaccines loom. Heartbreaking that this hurts the people who we care about so very much- it's bad for us but has to be devastating to French Polynesians hoping for a decent income. Heaven help us all.

Yes so true, I just read that 43 new cases detected in FP bringing the total to 50 now. 
https://www.tahiti-infos.com/43-nouveaux-cas-de-Covid-19-des-analyses-toujours-en-cours_a193349.html

I’m not cruising until the end of May2021 but have been following the boards and media to see how  reopening with the testing protocols put in place are faring. This is not looking good but I am still hopeful as well.

• Like 1

"Important shortcomings have just occurred. And the term is weak. It concerns certain establishments open to the public, which have received a large number of people in a reduced species, under irresponsible conditions" declares Dominique Sorain, High Commissioner of Republic in French Polynesia. He also recalls that restaurants are not festive places: "It is inadmissible".

"This failure also concerns those who arrive from outside". People arriving in the territory should not participate in gatherings soon after arrival.

Edouard Fritch & Dominique Sorain do not blame the tourists (read Paul Gauguin) but the irresponsability of some local residents going out and partying. 

Some air passengers also went partying the day they arrived, before doing their first test on arrival. Total irrespect.

This press conference is very informative (but being French-Canadian I have no problem listening to it). But believe me, if it becomes out of control, you can say bye bye to cruise for awhile.

- The fine is now 90000XPF  (900$US)for going in public place without mask.

..."

71 cases of Covid-19 to date
"I am deeply dismayed and scandalized by this reality" declares Edouard Fritch, the President of the Country, who denounces "the irresponsibility of certain people", "tourists follow the protocols with care, even the tourist of Paul Gauguin".

"The personal pleasures of a few will undermine the back to school part of the economy, the cohesion and the good living together of our society. The binge, the party, the alcohol ... have favored the spread of the virus by our residents or officials affected in French Polynesia. The commitments signed by some passengers arriving from outside are not respected at all. Some passengers celebrated as soon as they arrived in Polynesia even though they agreed to respect strictly barrier measures before their second test. It is indiscipline and irresponsibility ".

"62 cases in 5 months and today in 4 days, 71 cases, it is decadence"...

Edited by dandee2
Added info
  • Like 1